Jockstrap modification

JockCup7

Expert Member
Media
Have any of you guys who work out /play sports and use jocks ever had a problem when buying a brand of jock that you've bought before but noticed a change in the length of the pouch material or perhaps the way the legstraps are sewn on different? I've noticed this especially with DUKE and BIKE brands.

A couple years ago I noticed a DUKE strap of mine felt very different when I was out on a run. Believe it or not I couldn't tell exactly what it was. I got home and looked in the mirror and suddenly realized what it was. I took off the jock and laid it on the bed and got a tape measure and sure enough one leg strap was sewn on about 2" closer to the pouch than the other. I figure it just got past quality control but have had occasion where it was like that on other jocks. On those it was an easy fix and I just re-sewed them on correctly.

The other problem Ive encountered with some brands is the actual length of the excess pouch material (vertically) where it end ups tucking between my legs past my balls and where the straps meet the pouch goes goes further back. It's more of a feeling of the jock is holding you in versus supporting you. I had an Idea to modify some of mine to fit better by separating the straps form the pouch then cutting 2" off the pouch and then cutting off a few inches off the straps.

Doing this keeps the same generous room in the pouch as far as length and depth goes and the straps are a little snugger but not overly tight. It seems the easiest thing to do is toss it out but at almost $10 + bucks a pop it gets expensive trying different brands only to find you are either going to use it, modify it or just shelve it. Finding the perfect jock that fits just right in the waistband and having snug legstraps and a pouch with an appropriate amount of room seems to be getting harder to find.

The older #10 BIKE jocks I used were perfect and never had this problem. All 3 important factors were present. Those would actually last for several years. Its unfortunate that BIKE's newer Performance Cotton Strap wears out so quickly when laundered. And I mean you can see the wear in 3 months time if not sooner. If you've had experience with that style with the gray waistband you probably know what I am referring to when the elastic strands start coming undone in the pouch and the legstraps start fraying. I air dry mine so I know that it's not coming from the heat of the dryer.

I'm in shape and not overweight and I realize that jocks fit all of us guys a little differently based on our build and package, but have any of you guys had good luck with a specific brand that you use for working out and have stuck with that brand?

Reactions: jockbear

Archer1534

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm a big fan of McDavid, especially their cup. It was great for fencing, and I felt pretty confident that I wouldn't have a problem. Let's be honest--I need something to stop a sword. This did the trick.

Duke jocks are like Tarzan's loincloth. They offer no support.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I grew up on BIKE, they've always held up well and remain my preferred brand. One bit of wisdom from mom's farm girl upbringing was that air- or line-dried clothes last longer than clothes that take the heating/beating in a dryer. I think it's true.

bighosenow

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Just got 2 new Bike straps. The package says "Hand wash, warm water, no bleach, air dry." I don't follow those instructions exactly but I don't put them in the dryer. I think they look kinda nice hanging on the closet door knob while they dry.

mmebarki

Sexy Member
Media
Jocks are not my thing but I know that Charlie and Garcon are doing some new cool jocks with crazy colors. I personally never tried them though. I need my ass covered!

Reactions: dickbruh

jockbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I like to wear my jocks low on the waist. The bike jocks have the most comfortable stretchy pouch that I have tried but to get the support that I want I have to wear them much higher than I like. One day I decided to fold the waistband over effectively making the pouch and leg straps 2" shorter. This was very comfortable until things unfolded. I decided to make this fold-over permanent. I folded the waistband over and stitched the pouch and leg straps. I now have a low-rise BIKE jock and damn its comfortable. Holds everything in place and I forget that I'm wearing it.

jockbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I like to wear my jocks low on the waist. The bike jocks have the most comfortable stretchy pouch that I have tried but to get the support that I want I have to wear them much higher than I like. One day I decided to fold the waistband over effectively making the pouch and leg straps 2" shorter. This was very comfortable until things unfolded. I decided to make this fold-over permanent. I folded the waistband over and stitched the pouch and leg straps. I now have a low-rise BIKE jock and damn its comfortable. Holds everything in place and I forget that I'm wearing it.
I forgot to say that I stitched the pouch and leg straps to the waistband.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
Have any of you guys who work out /play sports and use jocks ever had a problem when buying a brand of jock that you've bought before but noticed a change in the length of the pouch material or perhaps the way the legstraps are sewn on different? I've noticed this especially with DUKE and BIKE brands.

A couple years ago I noticed a DUKE strap of mine felt very different when I was out on a run. Believe it or not I couldn't tell exactly what it was. I got home and looked in the mirror and suddenly realized what it was. I took off the jock and laid it on the bed and got a tape measure and sure enough one leg strap was sewn on about 2" closer to the pouch than the other. I figure it just got past quality control but have had occasion where it was like that on other jocks. On those it was an easy fix and I just re-sewed them on correctly.

The other problem Ive encountered with some brands is the actual length of the excess pouch material (vertically) where it end ups tucking between my legs past my balls and where the straps meet the pouch goes goes further back. It's more of a feeling of the jock is holding you in versus supporting you. I had an Idea to modify some of mine to fit better by separating the straps form the pouch then cutting 2" off the pouch and then cutting off a few inches off the straps.

Doing this keeps the same generous room in the pouch as far as length and depth goes and the straps are a little snugger but not overly tight. It seems the easiest thing to do is toss it out but at almost $10 + bucks a pop it gets expensive trying different brands only to find you are either going to use it, modify it or just shelve it. Finding the perfect jock that fits just right in the waistband and having snug legstraps and a pouch with an appropriate amount of room seems to be getting harder to find.

The older #10 BIKE jocks I used were perfect and never had this problem. All 3 important factors were present. Those would actually last for several years. Its unfortunate that BIKE's newer Performance Cotton Strap wears out so quickly when laundered. And I mean you can see the wear in 3 months time if not sooner. If you've had experience with that style with the gray waistband you probably know what I am referring to when the elastic strands start coming undone in the pouch and the legstraps start fraying. I air dry mine so I know that it's not coming from the heat of the dryer.

I'm in shape and not overweight and I realize that jocks fit all of us guys a little differently based on our build and package, but have any of you guys had good luck with a specific brand that you use for working out and have stuck with that brand?
You've pegged it. I understand your issues. I noticed, by the way, that my large Bike has a pouch that's a good 1-2 inches longer than my med Bike. Surely they don't think waist size is an indication of ballsac length!