StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And this quote does too
Popular Articles & Stories for October 27, 2012 - New York Daily News
/news/34768456_1_john-sununu-president-obama-man-scares
“My party, unfortunately, is the bastion of those people — not all of them, but most of them — who are still basing their positions on race,” Wilkerson told MSNBC’s Ed Schultz

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Grover Norquist told a Republican group, that all they needed was a candidate who had five working digits to be elected.

Again, while I'm sure you're ignoring my pleas at this point, PLEASE make it one post without any spelling and/or grammar errors. Cheers.

AtomicMouse1950

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Again, while I'm sure you're ignoring my pleas at this point, PLEASE make it one post without any spelling and/or grammar errors. Cheers.

I am quite sure, when you feel the need, you will correct my grammar and spelling. However I correct all, if not most of my spelling, before I hit that send button. But feel free to correct me. :biggrin1:

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am quite sure, when you feel the need, you will correct my grammar and spelling. However I correct all, if not most of my spelling, before I hit that send button. But feel free to correct me. :biggrin1:

1. You certainly do not, as we need to look no further than your spelling of FOLLY just above on this page (no E).
2. I'm glad you attempt to correct your spelling. While you're clearly still operating at a less than optimal level, it is ALSO your grammar and comma usage that is most astounding to me, especially the mid sentence commas you seem to be sooooo chubby for, even when they are highly unnecessary. You're a bleeding CA Liberal, so I'm not shocked that you lack the required acumen in this area, but please, for my sanity, attempt to correct yourself at least 80% of the time.

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
its hilarious how republicans love criticizing spelling and grammar as a way to reduce a valid point, while they slash and burn the educational system into oblivion.

ghoti spells fish.

I will grant you that AM's basic point here (why Republicans lost/don't get the electorate) IS VALID, though it is entirely impertinent to the conversation, even from the thread's very beginning. I don't discredit or even disagree with the point, but it's unnecessary to the thread and contributes nil to the conversation, and AM even tried to subvert the legitimate discussion of race.

The educational system is woefully inept. It doesn't need to be slashed and burned, but it needs serious reform. Nothing funny or unreasonable about that.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
its hilarious how republicans love criticizing spelling and grammar as a way to reduce a valid point, while they slash and burn the educational system into oblivion.

ghoti spells fish.

I just wanna say, as someone who's studied linguistics, I fucking hate that ghoti bullshit. To quote that very same Wikipedia article:

Linguists have pointed out that the placement of the letters in the constructed word is in fact inconsistent with the claimed pronunciation

Meaning, those letters are only pronounced how they are because of where they are in words.

tamati

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Meaning, those letters are only pronounced how they are because of where they are in words.

isnt that what its supposed to show? i know many ESL teachers that use it to reinforce how grouping/order of certain letters changes their sound...

sure its a silly example of our complex language... but no more silly than criticizing someone for spelling and grammar in a forum discussion thats not actually about spelling and grammar.

language is fluid, or we'd still be spelling shop, -shoppe and color would still be, -colour.

Who_Dun_It

Just Browsing
Media
I'm still laughing at Grover calling Romney a "poopy head"

I seriously thought I was hearing things when I saw that clip. I've been fighting a cold for a couple days now and thought that was screwing with my hearing until a reporter said that yes, he did in fact call Romney that..........even then I wasn't sure until I saw other references to that earlier today!

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
exactly. language evolves naturally over time and distance... to the chagrin of the diversionary grammar Nazis of course!

Ahhhh, so because misplacing commas and misspelling words may become vogue in the future, I should withhold criticism of it now? Lol, eye roll, and all that jazz.

tamati

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Ahhhh, so because misplacing commas and misspelling words may become vogue in the future, I should withhold criticism of it now? Lol, eye roll, and all that jazz.

Mainly because this is a political discussion thread often visited by people who didn't learn engerish as a first language, and grammar us not important in any way to the discussion at hand.
What did @ and # mean before the www was widespread?

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Eric, you are logical and have a good command of grammar.
Your use of commas is impeccable.:cool:
But you need to take on board that any grammar nazi is going to seem petty.
Just sayin'.

LittleButt

Just Browsing
Media
My two cents:

First, Eric and Cayman just need to get a room and fuck already and get it over with.

Second, I stopped voting Republican because of the following reasons:
a) The Racism. When I watched news broadcasts of Teabaggers spitting on black members of Congress and screaming "Nigger!" at them (during the Obamacare debates) I knew that somehow the Republican Party had lost its way.
b) The Homophobia. When I saw where Republican lawmakers were railing against the gays for daring to ask for something close to equal rights I knew the GOP was not my idea of a good time. If the Republicans seriously think that two people in love can destroy a society then perhaps they need to put down their Homer and come back to reality.
c) The Wars. When I watched Bush Jr. lie through his teeth about the weapons of mass destruction (and NEVER apologized for it when it was found to be a lie) I knew I needed to change my voting habits.
d) The theft. When I saw big businesses destroy trillions in wealth and spawn a world-wide economic calamity while the GOP blamed it on the poor I knew something was rotten in Demark.
e) Blowhards. When I listened to Limbaugh create masterful lies out of thin air and gasped in horror as the faithful swallowed like a three dollar hooker I knew I was on the wrong side of the room.
f) FAUX News and Sesame Street. When I tuned in to FAUX News and have them announce "The word of the day is 'Treason'" while a thousand bloggers and website commentators simultaneously began throwing the word "Treason" into every post I knew the Republicans had given up free will.
g) Obama and Crime. When I read a news article about a carjacking in South Charlotte NC and skipped to the comments section where 16 out of 18 comments were people blaming Obama PERSONALLY for the crime (such as "Must be NoBama's son", "How's that Hope and Change working out for the carjack victim?" etc) I knew the GOP had become Sheeple (yes, another Word of the Day courtesy of Limbaugh).
h) Occupy Wall Street. When I saw where The Occupy Wall Street movement thought it was unfair that 1% of the population made 93% of the wealth over the last four years and GOPers call them commie traitors who needed to be shot in the street like the rabid dogs they were? Yeah, kinda lost my vote their buddy.
i) The 47%. When I listened to Romney tell his owners that 47% of Americans would automatically vote for Obama because he gave them "free stuff" (a lie repeated by Hannity, Limbaugh and Rove as well as FAUX News and Fifteen-Minute Palin) I understood how the leaders of the GOP viewed half of America: as freeloaders instead of people and citizens.
j) Women. I am not even going to say anything about this one. To me it wasn't that Limbaugh called women who used birth control "whores" or that rape could be sub-divided into categories like "Justified" it was the fact that millions of Republicans SUPPORTED their comments instead of being disgusted by them.
l) Rank and File. When I overheard a table-full of my own family members talking about how "The nigger has to go." I knew that something was wrong.
j) Arizona. When Arizona passed their law that essentially stated "If you're brown you're illegal" and the GOP cheered? I knew I was through.
k) Rove. Seriously, does Karl Rove not look like an Uncle Fester without the light bulb? I mean hell, instead of bitching about birth control the GOP just need to circulate his picture around a high school campus to completely end teen pregnancies.

To sum this up and to return to the OP and the debate: I don't think the GOP is racist against Obama. Hell, apparently they don't like anyone who isn't straight, white, male and apparently a-sexual. As far as laughing at people who were distraught at the election results? Think back to the 2010 elections and tell me how Republicans quietly and respectfully accepted their win with a suggestion that we all work together for the greater good. And if you believe that I have this really cool bridge in San Francisco I want to sell.