Largest March on Washington

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Hell I even said in an earlier post 70k was a sizeable crowd.

The estimate and its methodology are both reasonable and logical in the study. The comparisons support his estimate...period.

As I stated before, even MSNBC's coverage stated and showed that the crowd was larger than what the MSM reported.

Your post is one big whine fest. Why would I have to admit an estimate is a lie that I didn't put forth and the estimate I did put forth didn't use? How would I know whether he lied or not? An unofficial estimate is 1.7 million so why would I call him a liar?

More whining...I didn't dismiss anything. It was a conservative estimate.

Plain and simple: The number of people at the march can not be denied by the very comparisons of the Million Man March, Obama's Inauguration and the Promise Keeper's event. We all saw with our own eyes that that crowd packed the capital and the mall. It was a massive march of over 1 million people. :wink:

Last edited:

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The estimate and its methodology are both reasonable and logical in the study. The comparisons support his estimate...period.

As I stated before, even MSNBC's coverage stated and showed that the crowd was larger than what the MSM reported.

Your post is one big whine fest.

My post may be one big whine fest according to YOU. To most people on the board you are the whiner. Surely you must ask yourself why only TWO of your posts haven't been in either Politics or Etc. (search, name, include all but politics, etc forums) You have never shown yourself capable of talking anything about sex or penis or nearly anything else but politics on this board. So why are you on this website again?
:bryce:
Trinity said:
Why would I have to admit an estimate is a lie that I didn't put forth and the estimate I did put forth didn't use? How would I know whether he lied or not? An unofficial estimate is 1.7 million so why would I call him a liar?
"Now, taking into account of sidewalks, parked cars, wheelchairs, old people being distracted by statues, police-whatever somebody might use as an excuse for this number, let's subtract a hundred thousand or two. "
That is logical and reasonable??? That is listed in the estimate.
Trinity said:
More whining...I didn't dismiss anything. It was a conservative estimate.

Plain and simple: The number of people at the march can not be denied by the very comparisons of the Million Man March, Obama's Inauguration and the Promise Keeper's event. We all saw with our own eyes that that crowd packed the capital and the mall. It was a massive march of over 1 million people. :wink:
I thought we were discussing the one on 9/12. I have never compared 9/12 march to any of the others. The Million Man March was apx 400,000.(ParkService est. before they stopped giving numbers) The inauguration was apx 850,000 (PopularScience estimate) Promise Keepers? dunno

"extra 87,000 people took the metro all day" If you can't explain why there was only such a modest increase in metro ridership, then find someone to find about 15,000 charter busses in DC.

Is it possible that you're taking what was once believed a real number and creating a series errors to back that number up?

I liked that so much I think I should say it again. :bryce::tool:

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Surely you must ask yourself why only TWO of your posts haven't been in either Politics or Etc. (search, name, include all but politics, etc forums) You have never shown yourself capable of talking anything about sex or penis or nearly anything else but politics on this board. So why are you on this website again?

Because it's Trinity's right (you do remember what rights are, don't you?).

There is nothing in the terms of service that states that anyone has to talk about penis here. There are plenty of Lurkers who never post at all. Should they leave (as you are implying here?)

The reason why the political forum thread was created was because it was taking away from the other topics in the Et Cetera thread beforehand. There are plenty of people who like to do nothing but talk about politics so this is an area where it can be talked about.

So until the TOS is rewritten to specificially state that one must talk more about large penis than politics, she has done nothing wrong.

The TOS does state that making personal attacks against someone IS against the rules and bannable for. This thread, which I am surprised that the Moderators haven't posted in for people to calm down, is starting to devolve into personal attacks against someone who, as far as I can tell, on this topic, hasn't called anyone, anything worse than a whiner while others have called Trinity far worse.

I'd like to see those people apologize to Tirnity. After all, if Sen. Wilson can apologize to President Obama for calling him a liar on national television people on here can calm down and apologize to a person who is merely defending their position.

Sklar

Last edited:

EboniGoddess

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, stereotype much?

I'll remove it so as not to distract you from the issues.

I wasn't distracted. But you when I make a point opposite of yours then you wanna say I'm attacking you.

What happens when you only want to surround yourself with people that will agree with you?
BUSH happens! That's the reason Colin Powell was asked to resign.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm totally unaware that anybody has any rights :rolleyes: <sarcasm>
There is nothing in the terms of service that states that anyone has to talk about penis here. There are plenty of Lurkers who never post at all. Should they leave (as you are implying here?)
If they are lurking they obviously aren't here to inflame.:biggrin1: While there isn't anything in TOS that states anything about what you should talk about. Surely there is a reason why this website, as a whole, primarily exists. Dormant accounts with no posts should "leave" and have their accounts closed, and names deactivated. (You asked.)
The reason why the political forum thread was created was because it was taking away from the other topics in the Et Cetera thread beforehand. There are plenty of people who like to do nothing but talk about politics so this is an area where it can be talked about.
Oh I wondered why this forum was created. :rolleyes: There are whole websites devoted to politics, the primary reason for this site isn't one of them. With all of the creative intelligent people and topics on this site there's nothing that interests one other than one particular and controversial topic? Certainly sounds like an ax to grind and inflame. Trolls tend to post like that.
So until the TOS is rewritten to specificially state that one must talk more about large penis than politics, she has done nothing wrong.
Nothing wrong other than inflame :rolleyes:
The TOS does state that making personal attacks against someone IS against the rules and bannable for. This thread, which I am surprised that the Moderators haven't posted in for people to calm down, is starting to devolve into personal attacks against someone who, as far as I can tell, on this topic, hasn't called anyone, anything worse than a whiner while others have called Trinity far worse.
I'm fully aware of TOS :rolleyes: My question is still a valid question. If you don't think it is then well so be it. We can only agree to disagree. If you deem my use of smilies innappropriate please feel free to petition to have them removed. They exist for a reason.:biggrin1:
I'd like to see those people apologize to Tirnity. After all, if Sen. Wilson can apologize to President Obama for calling him a liar on national television people on here can calm down and apologize to a person who is merely defending their position.
Sen. Wilson apologizing to President Obama has nothing to do with this. Defending your position on a controversial subject means coming up with logical, concrete, reasonable, answers involving facts and accurate data. Not deflecting answers and quote-mining from white supremacist websites.
Sklar
I'm sure you'll post a response instead of letting it "calm down" as you put it :biggrin1:
Cheers!

mikeyh9in

Cherished Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
The 1.7M estimate Moilanen came up with from his methodology has nothing to do with that. :rolleyes:

conservative estimate but you will need to find out how he determined his estimate yourself.

Many people came on charter buses and carpooled.

Even MSNBC disagreed with that low ball estimate live on the air during their coverage. The estimate by Moilanen is more reasonable as he uses comparisons to 3 capital crowds and pictures of the crowds to back up his study.

The question is why do you care about the crowd size...why do you need to diminish it? Anybody with eyes can see it was over 1 million people. :smile:

Trinty, anybody with eyes can see it is over 1 Million people???... you are ridiculous ... you are counting same people over and over again, or counting the fat, white guys more than once (and entire crowd appeared to be fat, old white guys) -- don't worry I can't tell them apart either.

And for the University study? Well, everyone knows (as you pointed out), that the University's are run by elitist liberals and they always lie.

Besides counting the same people more than once in multiple pictures, a number more than 100,000 does not jive with any other hard facts ... Metro ridership, police force, DC Police unofficial estimates, DC Fire unofficial estimates.

It would have to be a vast "left" wing conspiracy... maybe they were passing our copies of Obama "real" Kenyan birth certificate and need to have people "disappear".

The mind is capable of some pretty remarkable things especially for the paranoid.

dude252007

1st Like
Media
Here's what's funny:

A bunch on white people calling other white people racist :) That is funny to me. Some of them are old too. They may not be fat but some are fat and young. For every hipster who thinks he is just so cool calling elder white people racist, remember that you will be an old white person one day and since racism will never go away, you in the future will be called a racist because you are old and white. Remember, this country is white majority and so Bama would not have been elected without the support of whites. Also remember these old white people were not born in the 1800s or even the early 1900s. Remember these old white people were kids during the civil rights era and many of these old white people were doing the sit-ins and praising MLK, but not his mistress, and worked for equal rights only to be called a racist when the first wrinkle appears because a new generation wants to be so cool and hip.

mikeyh9in

Cherished Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Not sure if this was directed at my post, but I never said that these old, fat, white guys were racists. I was merely giving an explanation as to why Trinty's numbers are "off"... you see from the air a crowd of "normal" weight people would appear thinner than a crowd of overweight people.

I'll try an analogy... you have two bars (same square footage). One is a dance place with young, twinks. The other is a bear bar with more ample patrons. The first bar may have a hundred twinks and it seems "crowded", while the bear bar may only have 30 bears, but because of their ample size, it seems just as crowded.

Here's what's funny:

A bunch on white people calling other white people racist :) That is funny to me. Some of them are old too. They may not be fat but some are fat and young. For every hipster who thinks he is just so cool calling elder white people racist, remember that you will be an old white person one day and since racism will never go away, you in the future will be called a racist because you are old and white. Remember, this country is white majority and so Bama would not have been elected without the support of whites. Also remember these old white people were not born in the 1800s or even the early 1900s. Remember these old white people were kids during the civil rights era and many of these old white people were doing the sit-ins and praising MLK, but not his mistress, and worked for equal rights only to be called a racist when the first wrinkle appears because a new generation wants to be so cool and hip.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Here's what's funny:

A bunch on white people calling other white people racist :)

Why do you say that? You think that somehow I can't look at another black person and tell whether or not they're being racist themselves? How foolish...

That is funny to me. Some of them are old too. They may not be fat but some are fat and young. For every hipster who thinks he is just so cool calling elder white people racist, remember that you will be an old white person one day and since racism will never go away, you in the future will be called a racist because you are old and white.

Wow... LOL!!

Remember, this country is white majority and so Bama would not have been elected without the support of whites. Also remember these old white people were not born in the 1800s or even the early 1900s. Remember these old white people were kids during the civil rights era and many of these old white people were doing the sit-ins and praising MLK, but not his mistress, and worked for equal rights only to be called a racist when the first wrinkle appears because a new generation wants to be so cool and hip.

Perhaps you should understand what it is to make a racist statement by figuring out what classifies before you elaborate on some crazy tangent like this. Even if there's some level of truth to your statement, don't be surprised if someone else labels you with the "R" word either. Considering that you think every "hipster" using the word will be labeled as such when they get older proves it.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Sklar

Trinity is a vile, evil white supremacist.

And Wilson's not a senator, he's a member of the House of Representatives.

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
The 1.7M estimate Moilanen came up with from his methodology has nothing to do with that. :rolleyes:

conservative estimate but you will need to find out how he determined his estimate yourself.

Many people came on charter buses and carpooled.

Even MSNBC disagreed with that low ball estimate live on the air during their coverage. The estimate by Moilanen is more reasonable as he uses comparisons to 3 capital crowds and pictures of the crowds to back up his study.

The question is why do you care about the crowd size...why do you need to diminish it? Anybody with eyes can see it was over 1 million people. :smile:

If you take all the smaller gruops across the country that went out to protest I bet it's actually quite low.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
An estimate of over a million is probably a good estimate for the march. And majority of those that attended peacefully assembled to oppose swelling deficits, higher taxes, health care reform that will damage the quality of health care and other policies being forced down the throats of Americans by Obama and the Democratically controlled congress.

Given that I was one of the first to provide a definite crowd-size number for Saturday's 9/12 March On D.C. -- a "people meter" count of 450,000 for the morning march along Pennsylvania Avenue -- I have been both amused and annoyed by subsequent rangling over estimates

If the count of marchers on Pennsylvania Avenue (450,000) is accepted as the rock-bottom estimate, and late arrrivals significantly swelled the crowd above that, then a total attendance above 1 million is certainly possible.
The American Spectator, Robert Stacy McCain