Male Ballet Dancers

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
SwissGermanBoi said:
Dancers wear a Dance Belt. It's usually a thong back piece of underwear that is tight and holds you're "junk" so it doesn't bounce when you're dancing. You wear it for every kind of dance. Rehersals, show, class or whatever you always wear it.
SGB, thanks for clearing up my otherwise murky post. I have seen several variations on this, but didn't know the terminology. Hey, I'm just a lowly musician, not a dancer. (But I do have eyes...)

sizequeenboy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I especially adore the Russian male ballet dancers! :wink:I still remember seeing a huge bulge, while watching the Swan Lake!:eek: It was a magical combination, fantastic music and a gorgeous hunk!:smile:

Reactions: Luismd23

B_IanTheTall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
ozladbulgakov said:
They have a nude Nureyev in Stars-Masculines-Nues - are there any balletomane crotch-watchers out there with other pics they'd care to share? :wink:
Since my french is only marginally better than my ancient latin, I couldn't find them. But I got a friend to send me these.

one, two

Attachments

Reactions: buttnut

ozladbulgakov

Experimental Member
Media
Nice pics everyone - even with a dance belt that bulge of Nureyev's is impressive... The nude colour pics, are they from some bio pic he did of Nijinsky or something?

Edmond405

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Alex et al, thanks for the pics. I LOVE the ballet for many reasons. The male dancers just happen to help the scenery.....:wink:

When I danced in highschool and college, we had to wear the dance belts you've seen in the previous post. Some dance belts are padded in front so that a smooth, even "package" is presented. The drawback is that they are very hot and VERY tight. Also, most dancebelts tend to have a very high and very tight elastic waist band in order to hide or minimize the love handles that all men eventually show no matter how thin. They work great but are in NO way comfortable. Add the tights, usually two pair if you don't shave your legs, and the costume, male dancers deal with a serious about of heat and constriction while dancing. I give them great kudos as athletes.

Ed

Reactions: Luismd23 and seth67

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Edmond405 said:
...They work great but are in NO way comfortable. Add the tights, usually two pair if you don't shave your legs, and the costume, male dancers deal with a serious about of heat and constriction while dancing. I give them great kudos as athletes.

Ed
A lot of people don't really take into consideration the amount of athletic skill and ability required for a danseur. If nothing else, imagine how many times, in one performance, he is required to !slowly! lift another dancer above his head, continue to move about, and make it look effortless. Granted, most of the ladies are in the 86 to 102 pound range, but still an impressive feat.

By the way, I knew a danseur named Ed when I was in college and working with some of the dance department's productions... Did I meet you during Copelia or Billy the Kid? Better yet, were you in the same fraternity as my older brother? LOL

Reactions: seth67

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi guys I just wanted to say that you should all watch out for Kiril Radev in the Imperial Russian Ballet, (Romeo and Juliet). He is very cute and has excellent elevation! Anyway all the publicity shots are very dull compared to the real thing, which is most impressive and makes his elevation even more incredible!

This year I have also seen Aterballeto (Italian contemporary ballet). Their Omaggio a Bach is fantastic and really an omaggio to the male bulge. They have a very cute blond dude whose package has a life of its own.

ozladbulgakov

Experimental Member
Media
Hey DC - I am VERY appreciative of the skill and strength of the male ballet dancers. That is part of their erotic appeal ;-) In Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake the boys do some lifting of each other, too.

I am also alive to the non-erotic aesthetics of ballet as well, especially as a classically trained musician. I saw Matthew Bourne's "Play Without Words" a couple of years back at the National Theatre in London, and was mesmerised. And then round Christmas 2001 I saw the Nutcracker at the Colisseum and cried in the Christmas Tree/Winter Grove transformation - and the beauty of the leading man was all part of it... It's wonderful when the erotic and the pure aesthetic fuse like that *sigh* I hope they fuse like that in my future life-partner...

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hated being in the orchestra for operas, but always LOVED being in the pit for a ballet. The music is often terribly boring to perform, but you get such a close-up view of what's going on, especially seeing the sweat running down the danseur's face and neck, watching his muscles flex... and I know I'm strange, but I also enjoyed the sound when the women dance en pointe. Your average audience member is not close enough to hear things like this, but the little wooden blocks in the toes of their shoes, against the wooden stage, can be mesmerizing. I even heard a prima ballerina and her danseur hissing insults at each other, all the while smiling and dancing. The audience never knew, but the corps and the orchestra sure as hell did!

SpiceboyMJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As a professional dancer I can tell you that dance belts are about one of the most miserable things to wear however, you become accustomed to the pain of it all. It is common knowledge in the dance world that many dance belts are stuffed or cod pieces are worn. Even the largest cock gets pressed so close to the body that the bulge shrinks in size.

ozladbulgakov

Experimental Member
Media
SpiceboyMJ said:
As a professional dancer I can tell you that dance belts are about one of the most miserable things to wear however, you become accustomed to the pain of it all. It is common knowledge in the dance world that many dance belts are stuffed or cod pieces are worn. Even the largest cock gets pressed so close to the body that the bulge shrinks in size.

Well, my heartfelt thanks for the sacrifice - as an audience member I think dance theatre is one of life's great experiences. Some questions for the dancers here: how specifically is the dance belt painful? Is it the pressure on your nads? Or the space restriction if you should happen to get hard? And how much do you think that wearing a dance belt is for genuine protection of the jewels and how much might be a puritanical need to hide the male anatomy?

SpiceboyMJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ozladbulgakov said:
Well, my heartfelt thanks for the sacrifice - as an audience member I think dance theatre is one of life's great experiences. Some questions for the dancers here: how specifically is the dance belt painful? Is it the pressure on your nads? Or the space restriction if you should happen to get hard? And how much do you think that wearing a dance belt is for genuine protection of the jewels and how much might be a puritanical need to hide the male anatomy?

I always buy a size larger and stretch it out while it is wet. It honestly takes me a good year of wearing one to get it to a comfortable state. For me the pouch is not big enough for comfort at all. It takes everything and pulls it in so close to the body so, if you did have an erection in one is would be beyond painful. We call it accordion penis when you take one off because it goes from all shrunk up back to it's normal flaccid state. The cord in the back is thick and can cut into you severely. All I have to say is imagine that rubbing up your ass while sweating profusely, not pretty. I don't think it is there to hide the anatomy as I said before so many male dancers are costumed with cod pieces. It definitely supports beyond belief.

samhung

Sexy Member
Media
Funny thing about male ballet dancers...

One of the most famous ballet dancers in history, Nijinsky, was said to have a very small penis. I don't think any nude pictures of him exist, or I have never come across any.

He was also one of the first male ballet dancers in the US to wear tights to the titillation of early 20th century audiences.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
SpiceboyMJ said:
... It honestly takes me a good year of wearing one to get it to a comfortable state. For me the pouch is not big enough for comfort at all. It takes everything and pulls it in so close to the body so, if you did have an erection in one is would be beyond painful. ...I don't think it is there to hide the anatomy as I said before so many male dancers are costumed with cod pieces. It definitely supports beyond belief.
LOL there is absolutely nothing about ballet that is easy or comfortable, for the males or the females. Now that I think about it, it has got the be the masochist's dream profession. "Waves of sensual pain, with every plie! Dance now, and experience the torture!"

ozladbulgakov

Experimental Member
Media
DC_DEEP said:
LOL there is absolutely nothing about ballet that is easy or comfortable, for the males or the females. Now that I think about it, it has got the be the masochist's dream profession. "Waves of sensual pain, with every plie! Dance now, and experience the torture!"

It's no coincidence that Hans Christian Anderson's "The Little Mermaid" has been made into a ballet so many times...

"Each step she took was, as the Witch had told her, as if she had been treading on pointed needles and knives, but she bore it gladly. At the Prince’s right hand she moved on, light as a soap-bubble, and he, like all the rest, was astonished at her graceful, swaying movements."

BTW this is my favourite children's story...