Morning Wood - Sharing A Dorm, Hostel, or Hotel Room

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by visceraltuning, Aug 3, 2008.

1. visceraltuning

visceraltuning New Member

I am currently doing a travel study program in Portugal with 30 other students. Eight of the students are male. Some of the places that we have stayed at include hostels with bunk bed accomidations with 3-8 people in a room.

At night, because it is hot, I sleep wearing boxers and a t-shirt with just a sheet over me, like everybody else. The only issue is that I sleep on my back and sport a major tent, which I just found out bothers some of the other guys including the unattractive yet flamboyant gay guy. The more notable exceptions that don't care either way are the 29 year old grad student and the frat guy, who has taken after my behavior.

Now my background with this issue is that when I was about 12-14 years old and slept over at my friends' houses or went to camp all the guys realized that morning wood is just something that a guy's body does. It means nothing, and so I just don't care so long as it is covered and/or clothed.

So then, what do you think? Should I lay down face down trying to find a semi-comfortable position or just pop the tent?

I personally think this issue is a long the same vein as the shyness in the locker room issue . . . young guys just not feeling comfortable with their bodies'.

#1 visceraltuning, Aug 3, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  2. crescendo69

Gold Member

Nothing can or should be done; it is natural.

3. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Would you rather have a morning woody or ED?

Because you are sleeping with underwear on you are taking "reasonable precautions", as lawyers would say, you're fine.

Keep up the hard work.

4. cravincock

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    tell them to suck your dick or shut the fuck up

lol they have morning wood to!

5. sedated

sedated New Member

Albums:
    I can understand ur discomfort about the morning wood on a shared bedroom. I have been in the same situations as an exchange student, in one occasion with one co-worker and during vacations when I have to stay on hostels... at the beginning I was terrified about the idea that someone can check my 'tent' during my sleep but then just realized that isn't THAT important... 'cause is a normal body reaction! u can't control it... or anything! And as u mention on ur post, it's pretty much the same as the 'locker room issue' ... just get comfortable and have fun at PORTUGAL! :biggrin1:

And by the way... u don't have anything to be ashamed! NICE PICS! hehehe

#5 sedated, Aug 3, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  6. luklakls

luklakls New Member

Albums:
    well with 22 of your other travellers women..you should attempt to make use of that morning wood

7. Hellboy0

Gold Member

Albums:
    Flaunt it, buddy. Even better: Strap on a really really massive foot long dildo some night so that's what they see tenting up your sheets.

That'll get them talking!

8. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have rarely seen morning woodies at youth hostels. But I have had them. There was this one brit guy who woke up in middle of the night to go to toilet and he had a definite erection. I was glad I wasn't the only one to get woodies during the night.

I think as long as you don't flaunt it, it is fine. If some other guy notices you have a "Tent", then he can't complain because he was looking where he wasn't supposed to look anyways.

Having a natural wood is quite different than stroking in the dorm with other guys present.

9. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Snoring is the major source of friction between room-mates in dorms and hostels! I can't understand why someone would be so petty as to be bothered a room-mate's morning wood.

10. leonceswim

leonceswim Member

Albums:
    those that are offended are just bickering for nothing! its stupid! haha. get naked and show them what discomfort really feels like!

11. Cardinal

Cardinal New Member

Albums:
    maybe you can wear briefs to reduce the major tenting a bit, but other than that...it's their problem, not yours. It happens to everyone, ya know?

12. B_RedDude

B_RedDude New Member

The gay guy is full of shit! (For the record, I'm gay) Maybe he REALLY wants to blow you.

If any guy can't handle another guy's boner under the circumstances you describe, he's got serious problems.

Sleep however YOU are comfortable, and let those who object see a therapist.

What is up with this shit, seriously!?

13. nashboy

nashboy New Member

Albums:
    every guy gets wood...let them get over it.

14. daddyknows

daddyknows New Member

Albums:
    wood is normal and natural. they should be upset if you start sleeping with a rifle of machete by your side! fuck em andbe proud of that gorgeous cock! you can come sleep with me anytime and in my house we sleep naked because it feels good on the body and pleasure from whatever source is a good thing!

15. catman

Gold Member

Masturbating openly in front of them would be 'discomfort', wearing boxers with morning wood?

Life goes on...

perhaps they are 'taking care of theirs' before you wake up and that explains the 'no morning wood'?

Had a guy in college, was notorius for his ability to sleep thru ANYTHING (not uncommon for his alarm clock(s) to go off for hours with him sound asleep... Guy was VERY well hung, cut...

Running laugh in the dorm was to watch this guy stagger into the bathroom, boxers looking like a big top...standing at the trough urinal (remember those?) barely awake (if at all) slapping his dick down to piss, the wood popping straight back up, smacking him in the belly, a lot of times you could literally see a puddle of precum on his hairy belly... used to have a running bet on how long he would/could stand there trying to pee...

would he a) finally wake up b) give up or c) realize he needed to jack off to get it to go down (he did c a few times,you could hear him beating in the stall....guy was very heavy breather)

16. B_R_I_E_F

B_R_I_E_F New Member

you are far to considerate to be offensive...let them deal with their issues on their own. They are just jealous. Next thing you know, they will have a problem with you showering naked....

17. reallyhot

Gold Member

Albums:
    So how big do you pop your tent?
    I expect you don't want or need the approval of these disapproving guys...
    So let them make the sacrifice...LOL:smile:

18. mplsingleguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    dude it's your room too - you are paying for your share.

If you were keeping others from having a full night's sleep, then maybe there would be reason for someone to be frustrated (like snoring as mentioned.)

but using that logic--- it means that other guys are staying up, laying in bed at night (or in the early am) checking out your tent pole?

damn honestly i'd be flattered... regardless of if the checkers were gay or straight... as long as I wasn't further hastled or inconvenienced by undesired attention or retribution to my unruly penis.

dude it's not like you're sleeping naked without a sheet popping full bone waiting for someone to come service you- you are sleeping in your underwear under a sheet- that's more than alot of guys do in that scenario bro

your body is doing a natural reflex during sleep. If you turned on your side and curled into the fetal position, could you control that? If you were sharing your bed with a buddy and he woke up with you spooning him? Again- it's an extreme example, but it's the same thing. We can control our *passions* when we are awake (and are expected to do so in civil society) but shouldn't be expected to try to hold back normal functions while sleeping.

If you are regularly rockin the bone in the AM then your body is just wired for those hard-core. I get them during the last REM cycle, but usually I wake up soft (for me the bones come and go, but my body doesn't require a piss hardon when I wake up...) If I lie in bed (like hit the snooze button) I notice them more then before hopping out of bed. I like those mornings :) good reason to sleep naked btw

I think the suggestion of sleeping in briefs wouldn't solve the problem- probably just give a more outlined viewing in the morning.

I say shrug off the childish behavior and let those boys enjoy being inspired by an occasional view of what a man's body does. Like my pastor says- Don't fight nature, it always wins.

If someone says something, ask them if they are volunteering to help set up the campsite. If not, they can put out their own fire(s) before bedtime.

Good luck bro keep us posted sounds like a fun trip

19. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree. You are being completely proper.

Being one who flies his own flag, I would slip off my clothes once under the sheet. I'm sure that I'd get bitched at from someone, but I'd sleep naked anyway.

Have fun in Portugal!

20. THEDUDEofDestiny

Gold Member

how the fuck is the frat guy "taking after your behavior" does he wake up limp and make himself hard before walking around or something?