My Uncut Cock

D_Benjammin Franklin

Just Browsing
Media
I know it's a big controversial issue -- if an uncut penis is healthy or not, risks, etc.

Now, I can't speak for everyone else... I just wanna say that I've never had any issues. It's part of me, and I can't imagine NOT having my foreskin. I've never had any health issues, and it seems to even add more to my sexual pleasure (although I have nothing to compare it to). I enjoy my cock just the way it is!

I think it's mostly a matter of learning proper hygiene methods and learning how to care for it properly... the same as we all do with the rest of our bodies.

I think anyone that has a problem with it, has mostly mis-information to go on.

I feel that there is statistically unfair numbers happening. Basically, if one has a certain part, things can go wrong with it. And by not having it, of course the numbers will go down since it's not part of the equation anymore. To use a crude example... people can be prone to cavities, but if one has all their teeth removed and gets dentures, then they can't get cavities anymore since they don't have teeth. There's nothing wrong with teeth if you take care of them properly. I think you hopefully get my point.

That's my 2 cents.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A tiny portion of the penile cancer statistics have been attributable to, for lack of a better term, cancer of the foreskin. It is true... if you don't have a foreskin, you can't have cancer of the foreskin. It is extraordinarily rare anyway. Then again, one of the key sites for penile cancer in circumcised guys is the circumcision scar. So there you go. And now that the subjects presenting have been age-adjusted for circ status, it turns out there's no difference between the two -- i.e., no statistical protection from having or not having a foreskin.

So as you say, CanCock03, it really comes down to understanding and appreciating what you have. I try to keep an open mind about the proposed position statements on circ everyone says will be coming out soon from the CDC and the AAP, but one thing looks really, really suspicious to me: if the medical associations are truly focused on health, why haven't any of them ever looked into either the function of the foreskin (you never hear them say a peep about it, not even guessing at it) or ways to stay intact and optimally keep your foreskin healthy. First reaction is generally why not cut it off, which seems a bit fishy to me. Shouldn't "foreskin health" come before "foreskin removal"?

IMHO, they'd have a lot more credibility in recommending or even discussion circumcision as a parental option if they candidly looked at the whole picture, which they don't. Except in Canada. And now in Australia.

D_Doe_Ray_Mi

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know it's a big controversial issue -- if an uncut penis is healthy or not, risks, etc.
To use a crude example... people can be prone to cavities, but if one has all their teeth removed and gets dentures, then they can't get cavities anymore since they don't have teeth. There's nothing wrong with teeth if you take care of them properly. I think you hopefully get my point.

That's my 2 cents.

CanCock,
Good analogy. I am cut but had an uncle who died many years ago from a post-circumcision infection. That may be rare but it can happen.

baldyboy8000

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am uncut and never had a problem except when I was very young and the Dr. had to clip my frenulum. However, I have a friend that obviously did not clean his foreskin very well. At almost 60, he had to have surgery 'cause he had penile cancer.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Or put another way, if a short-foreskinned or no-foreskinned model of male were inherently superior, nature would have evolved to this over the past 50K years or so. Instead, research in this area at Marshfield Clinic has shown that human primate foreskins have actually been lengthening over time. The foreskin is evolving in complexity and purposefulness, demonstrating its value in procreation. It's the opposite of vestigial; it's primary.

Why is there no International Institute of the Penis working full-time on understanding all aspects (development, function, shape, health, etc. ) of our best friend? :wink:

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It's a myth that hygiene has anything to do with cancer, or much else, for that matter.
I know that sounds outrageous, but hear me out. Penile and cervical cancer are caused by the HPV virus. That is why the American Cancer Society does not recommend circumcision as a solution. The Christopher Maden study in Washington State found that 37% of the men who come down with cancer of the penis were circumcised at birth.
Cleanliness, well, women produce about 10 times more smegma in their vulvas than men do in their penises. If smegma, or lack of washing was really a problem, wouldn't women be much more significantly affected? How about our ancestors who lived in caves? How often do you think they washed their penises, yet they remained healthy enough to produce generations. Lack of hygiene, at least in myself, causes discomfort, but not disease. Diseases are generally caused by contact with infected people. In this, circumcision offers no benefit. Circumcised men get all the same diseases as men with foreskins, and at about the same rate, show studies from New Zealand and Australia, and Canada.