Naked buddies

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_IBroke69, Aug 19, 2009.

1. D_IBroke69

D_IBroke69 New Member

So here's the story.

I have this guy friend. Which I am very fond off. We do everything together. We play sports, we hang out, sometime our jobs cross ways. We see each other almost every day and if we dont see one another we talk over the phone or email.

The thing is, why is it that we can do everything together exept he wont allow me to see him naked.

We have been buddies since university more that 6 years ago and he cant even stand at the same urinal as I do. Usually I am very very pee shy. But when he is around I have no trouble going.

He have seen me naked. Buck naked once when I came out of the shower and he let himself into my house. (I gave him keys).

Why is it that I am so comfortable around him and he is not.
    Why is it that we share everything but he cant get himself to let go.

He would alway cover up or go to a stall to pee. When we change in the same room he gets dressed under his towel.

The parts of him that i did manage to see wasnt bad so he cant have body image issues. And as he told me he has no issues with public nudity. Suppose its only around me.

Dont get me wrong. I dont want to see him naked or have any attraction towards his body. What I would like is him to loosen up. I would like him to feel free around me as I do with him. I would like him to feel vulnerable and still accepted as I did for him. What is fair is fair.

How do I let him understand and know that it is ok to be naked around me?

2. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    off to the gym today...don't forget to take your towels for the post workout naked shower

3. Gnothiseauton

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    I wish I had an answer for you man. Have you ever given him reason to feel like you were attracted to him? Maybe he got a vibe at some point and got wierd? Just wondering. Maybe he has a self-image or confidence issue? Are you hung huge, maybe he isn't by comparison? There could be many a reason, and the only way to find out would be to ask him directly, specially if you know he's not lying about public nudity...

Also, I had a buddy like that kinda. I didn't really care to see him naked though, but he told me he could NEVER be seen without a tshirt on. He would go to great lenghts to avoid being shirtless even for a second. I never got it. He would tell me that when he had sex he had to have it on still, even with a steady partner... some people just have hang-ups. I did ask him why, but he would never tell me. I figured he had some kind of skin anolmalie he was embarrased about and let it go.

4. D_CountdeGrandePinja

D_CountdeGrandePinja Account Disabled

Maybe that % is something you should talk about!

5. Kewlbeans

Kewlbeans Member

Albums:
    I think the best thing you can do is to be comfortable getting naked in front of him. When he sees it's no big deal he'll come around.

6. Kayden96

Kayden96 New Member

People are tricky. He could be 100% strait and just not want to see another dude naked. Orrrrr... He could be thinking he's gay and trying to avoid showing it by being overly averse to naked dudes.

7. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    I really hate it when I have to give the answer twice in the same day

8. Mastur

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Boerki, how about you post some naked pic's of yourself in your gallery? I mean, we are all friends here...
    ;-)

9. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

I have a buddy kind of like that. He's not shy about being seen naked though. But there is some kind of barrier there. I think it is because we are somewhat attracted to each other. It used to be unconscious twenty years ago, but for me now it's conscious. For him it's unconscious or out of mind.

10. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Nice pics Boerki. I like them carrot and taters.

11. D_Doe_Ray_Mi

D_Doe_Ray_Mi Account Disabled

boerki69, Here's my take on this. Your friend chooses his behavior around you for whatever reasons. There are other threads here that expound on the men who avoid nudity around other men, even in men's locker rooms. You might want to read them for some insight. Your friend may have his own hang ups or shame issues but this is not his problem, this is your problem being projected onto him. You might want to take a good look in the mirror and explore any ulterior motives behind this issue. I wish the best for you.

12. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Oops. I meant Mastur. Boerki has no pics.

13. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    If he is OK with public nudity, sounds like you need to take a frisbee, some tunes, etc and go to the nude beach with him. If he doesn't have an issue with nudity, he'll get undressed. If he doesn't get undressed and you and most others are, you would be able to ask him why in a non-threatening way.

14. rundry

rundry New Member

Albums:
    my question is, why is it so important to you that your friend gets naked in your presence. His reasons for not doing so should be enough

15. D_Beau Nerr

D_Beau Nerr New Member

Let him be, man.

16. Stephenmass

Gold Member

Albums:
    Boerki, what I don't understand is if you didn't want to see him naked at all, none of this stuff you would have even noticed. Surely there is a part of you that wants to see him buck naked; i.e., you find him attractive and like someone else said above maybe that % needs to be expanded or at the very least explored. If you didn't want to see him naked so badly, NONE of what you described you would have even noticed!

17. Omegaman

Omegaman New Member

Albums:
    I know what this guy is saying. I went to visit my older brother from a different father and it was the first time we were together for a weekend in his apartment. When I got out of the shower I had on my boxer and walk to the room to get dress. If he shower he would take his pant to the shower. When we get back home, he would either change so fast in his room or go the the bathroom to change.

I didn't want to see him naked but as men and brother what is seeing each other in our underwear. What the big deal?

18. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Yes, it makes what should be a comfortable association uncomfortable in some way. I would suggest don't follow that lead. Be casually comfortably nude.

19. THEDUDEofDestiny

Gold Member

stop trying to see him naked, weirdo. it is off putting

20. killerb

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    there are many reasons your friend may no want to undress in front of you:

some ppl are just not exhibitionists...

some ppl are taught that they aren't supposed to be nude around others...

he may have picked up on some vibes from you that make him uncomfortable...

and some ppl just plain old don't like to be naked around others...

one of my best friends is a bodybuilder & personal trainer who would never get naked in front of others (although he has undressed in front of me & i assume he does with his girlfriends)...he even wears a t-shirt while swimming...i don't get it, but i'd never mention it either...it's his right to be as private as he wants...