Need advice - sexy man at gym

biman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hello, I joined a gym a few months ago and lost a ton of weight and gained sexy muscles, as my wife tells me. There is this guy at my gym who I see occasionally who is sexy as hell. He is REALLY good looking, tall, and has an AWESOME body, but the crazy part is he’s not stuck up. He is friendly to me, one of the few people at the gym who speaks to me. Once he asked me to spot him on the bench press. I tried to make conversation by saying, I would do that if I had someone to help me out. He said to let him know when I needed a spot,
but that was it. When I see him, he asks me how am I doing, I respond and ask him the same question. And then we keep walking past each other. This man gets a lot of attention from both men and women. He talks to the ladies at the front desk and guys talk to him about lifting weights.
Ever since I lost weight and gained muscles I’ve noticed people treat me differently. Men give me respect and say hello and talk to me more, some guys I catch checking me out. And females always tell me how good I look. But this is all new to me and it feels weird given that just a year ago I was fat and didn’t take care of myself physically. Anyway I say all that because I’m nervous to talk to this guy at my gym. He looks too damn good for him to want to talk to me, but he’s sooo friendly and that makes me think he’s approachable.

How can I get things started to develop a friendship with him? What exactly should I say?

augusttaylor

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Be yourself. I know, sounds stupid, but if you are friendly and not trying to get in his pants by being sexually aggressive you may spark up a friendship. It sounds like you are having some struggles adjusting to your new self. Getting in shape and looking good can be a big adjustment if you are not used to feeling that way about yourself. Having confidence in your new self can be hard. But keep doing what you are doing. If it makes you a new friend who is gorgeous then you have already won :)

Reactions: KennF

KennF

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He looks too damn good for him to want to talk to me

Great job on the body change and health! As @augusttaylor said, you still need to adjust to your new body image.

But more importantly, you need to not jump to conclusions about people based on their body shape or that you are not good enough to talk to someone because of what they (or you) look like.

Some of the nicest people are ugly or fat or pretty or thin.
Some of the meanest people are ugly or fat or pretty or thin.
Some of the dumbest people are ugly or fat or pretty or thing.
Some of the smartest people are ugly or fat or pretty or thin.

You shouldn't judge them on shape or beauty.

As for what you do... say hi. Be yourself. Maybe one day, invite him to a juice bar or lunch/dinner place to grab a bite to eat. Maybe you should bring an extra sweat cloth or bottle of water. Just be YOU, and if he really is open to friendship, then you'll develop one. Just be YOU and relax.

You've done a lot of work... now accept that you were always worthy of his friendship. Time to find out if he is open to yours.

hvdude

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Right! Things do change when you take care of yourself. Be careful that you don't lose your humility. If everyone keeps telling you how good you look simply say thanks. As for the guy - well, keep watching him and try to grab an opportunity to give him a spot. You can ask him a question about performing a particular exercise. You might compliment him on his arms or chest or whatever and ask him for tips on how he got so well built. . You might ask him if he would be willing plan a day to work out with you to check your form. Then after, as Kenn says, maybe offer to buy him a protein shake or a cup of coffee to thank him.

A little flattery never hurt. Just don't overdo it and make him wary of your intentions Good luck! (and post some pics of your new hot bod!)

Reactions: KennF