OK ObamaBot’s! Remember All Those Promises?

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You need to look up the definition of repudiate, as you apparently don't understand its meaning.

Two points:
First, your links demonstrate nothing in the way of repudiation. The fact that the House voted to refer the resolution to committee says nothing of either the party's feeling toward Mr. Kucinich nor the veracity of his Articles as stated.

Second, you've offered nothing in the way of either explaining why the introduction of Articles of Impeachment fails to illustrate the factual existence of misdeeds by this administration, nor have you offered any evidence supporting the converse.

My conclusion remains...the notion that Obama should rightly be held in the same contempt as Bush is neither intellectually honest nor respectable. It's a sad case of sour grapes and nothing more. You should demand better of yourself and your countrymen.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sure. Keep in mind, the 10th district in Ohio [Cleveland/Akron area] has been a Democratic stronghold for decades.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac3Dzvzd_Bg

So, if you're re-elected in a party stronghold, that's a repudiation? What a relief, and I was thinking that Alaskans were rewarding felon Ted Stevens.

You've neglected the fact that Kucinich is a member of the House Committee on Oversight, and so he has a specific responsibility to report back to the House on the atrocities of the Bush administration. Yeah, he has a flair for the theatrical, but -- as you've pointed out -- it got WaPo's and Reuter's attention.

I'd consider his involuntary removal from that position to be evidence of repudiation, not his mere inability to build a consensus (which strikes me as more of a defining character trait than anything else).

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OK ObamaBot’s! Remember All Those Promises?

They have already vanished and he isn’t even in office yet lol! :biggrin1:

Washington Times - EXCLUSIVE: Agenda disappears from Obama Web site

Can anybody say the sound-bites you were sold on were just a remix of Bill Clinton’s health care promise type fodder? I know I can! :wink:

i have a feeling this is going to be a rough 4-8 years for you.
but hopefully not as rough as the past 8 years has been on some (if not all) of us.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
One of the things that saddens me here is that we have a sitting President who has been a very controversial figure with regards to policies established during his tenure in office. We have had eight years that have been a total failure of a political administration.

There were many individuals who may have been able to do a better job than John McCain and or Barak Obama. The problem is that when it came down to the final election that was the choice with which we were left.

If one studied the actual history of John McCain there was a time he was a "Maverick" but his most recent performance and that is the one that took place after his last bid for the Presidency was in fact a vote along party lines. None of us know what lies in store for us. The best the American people could do was to place their faith not in political rhetoric, but in hope for change. It is a total unknown with regards to the future and if change truly will happen. None of us can predict what will happen a month from now that could change decisions on the part of any newly elected official as they head for their new office.

I think that in order to have any kind of fairness, we must however give the newly elected President a chance of at least 4 months before we start tearing into him.

Can he do what he promised? None of us can answer that question. If he can't we also have to be fair and investigate ourselves as to specifically what it was that happened. Did he try to do as promised and did he find himself politically roadblocked? Did he not try at all? We need to find out the efforts and the cause of the failure of those efforts before we spount condemnation.

Personally, a great number of websites are going to now alter information simply because the election is over and those posting information are going on to other things. Also, hackers are going to attack where they can on sites that are not well maintained. Anything is possible. Rushing to judgment has made for a great deal of damage, hurt and strife in life. Let's not make more, or spread "scuttlebut" simply because we do not know and cannot predict the future with 100% accuracy with regards to what people are "going to do".

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
While a "thank you" for my courtesty would have been nice, a simple "no" would suffice. Your immediate fallback to ad hominem is precisely the sort of dishonesty I was referring to. I'm not deflected in the least by this continued attempt to derail the discussion from its salient points.
Oh Hazel, you grammar bitch. Welcome back.

One of the things that saddens me here is that we have a sitting President who has been a very controversial figure with regards to policies established during his tenure in office. We have had eight years that have been a total failure of a political administration.

There were many individuals who may have been able to do a better job than John McCain and or Barak Obama. The problem is that when it came down to the final election that was the choice with which we were left.

If one studied the actual history of John McCain there was a time he was a "Maverick" but his most recent performance and that is the one that took place after his last bid for the Presidency was in fact a vote along party lines. None of us know what lies in store for us. The best the American people could do was to place their faith not in political rhetoric, but in hope for change. It is a total unknown with regards to the future and if change truly will happen. None of us can predict what will happen a month from now that could change decisions on the part of any newly elected official as they head for their new office.

I think that in order to have any kind of fairness, we must however give the newly elected President a chance of at least 4 months before we start tearing into him.

Can he do what he promised? None of us can answer that question. If he can't we also have to be fair and investigate ourselves as to specifically what it was that happened. Did he try to do as promised and did he find himself politically roadblocked? Did he not try at all? We need to find out the efforts and the cause of the failure of those efforts before we spount condemnation.

Personally, a great number of websites are going to now alter information simply because the election is over and those posting information are going on to other things. Also, hackers are going to attack where they can on sites that are not well maintained. Anything is possible. Rushing to judgment has made for a great deal of damage, hurt and strife in life. Let's not make more, or spread "scuttlebut" simply because we do not know and cannot predict the future with 100% accuracy with regards to what people are "going to do".
Thanks Ken. That is a great post. But I'm afraid you're preaching to the choir. The rightists are not going to give Obama a chance at all. Fox and Limbuagh, et al, will be on his case like stink on shit. I just hope that enough people can see through their lies and innuendos now.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Now I know where 1BiGG1 is getting his talking points. I was driving in the car and flipping the radio and ahppened upon RUSH LIMBAUGH, so I listened for a bit(a very little bit), and it was exactly this FAUX controversy about "25 items missing from the Obama website..........so I see The RUSHBAG is his news source.....

Doubly funny because the Rush HATES gays.

What kind of mixed up person listens to these hate mongers who demonize their very existence?

It would be like Black people vocally supporting the Ku Klux Klan...

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
you negate a slur by embracing it as your own.

Look at the ditto-heads...
the queers....
et al.

Personally... When they call me an Obamabot- I will reply that I am actually a Baracket Scientitist... compared to the fuckups and retards of the republican right.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Note: Urban Dictionary's definition of Obamabot:

Obamabot :A person who supports Obama and is willing to vote for him but doesn't know a thing about him.
It's just a label for someone who doesn't know anything about Obama. You call them a Obamabot because they just spew out their support but have nothing else to show.

Interestingly, I was poking around in the Urban Dictionary, and looked up "bitches' and "ho's" and here is the definition of bitches:

Bitches See Bitch
1. (Noun) More than one stupid Cunt, whoring around looking to fuck anything that has a dick.

2. (Noun) A male or female group of pussies.

:mischievous:

I've just always wondered what that meant in those rap songs.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
wow. look at all that compassion and tolerance.

...reap what you sow.

I have tolerance... but, paradoxically, that means I must OPPOSE intolerance.

The republican right ( by that I mean the right-most of the generally right ) is the party of intolerance. They back intolerance on all levels of society.

Supporting tolerance, therefore, means being intolerant of intolerance.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
And recall who the original poster was.

Mr B1GG seems to have gone over the edge since McCain lost. Certainly, he isn't waiting to crack into Obama. He wants an impeachment before Obama even takes office.

LOL! If there was a way to make that legally happen and I could buy it = sold baby!

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
you negate a slur by embracing it as your own.

Look at the ditto-heads...
the queers....
et al.

Personally... When they call me an Obamabot- I will reply that I am actually a Baracket Scientitist... compared to the fuckups and retards of the republican right.

Kinda... you are actually a corporal in the army of the 12 monkeys, me thinks.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Note: Urban Dictionary's definition of Obamabot:

Obamabot :A person who supports Obama and is willing to vote for him but doesn't know a thing about him.
It's just a label for someone who doesn't know anything about Obama. You call them a Obamabot because they just spew out their support but have nothing else to show.

Interestingly, I was poking around in the Urban Dictionary, and looked up "bitches' and "ho's" and here is the definition of bitches:

Bitches See Bitch
1. (Noun) More than one stupid Cunt, whoring around looking to fuck anything that has a dick.

2. (Noun) A male or female group of pussies.

:mischievous:

I've just always wondered what that meant in those rap songs.

racist. you should be banned. effective 10 minutes ago.