Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The size of a watermelon seed and barely felt it. I took a pic of it on my phone, but am new to android. Can't figure out how to post it. I guess will have to photo bucket it first. Started peeing and then the stream got blocked and I thought uh oh, then PTOOEY! This bounced off the wall. Freaked me out. My wife is a nurse and told me it was a stone. Advantage #749 to not having a little penis!

henry777

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow you are lucky. I heard that passing a kidney stone is more painful than giving birth. Thank god I've never experienced either one.

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You passed out a kidney stone the size of a watermelon seed and felt nothing? You are one fortunate man.

I has a small kidney stone, much smaller than yours, and it hurt so much, I broke out in cold sweat. I could feel beads of sweat forming and oozing out of my body and my head.

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
I have had 3. The first when I was 15. I passed 2 this past fall. Apparently I still have a larger one in my kidney. I am on a special diet to try to dissolve it. My stones are made of Calcium Oxalate. This means I cannot have chocolate, nuts, berries of any kind, spinach and other leafy greens, wheat bran, sugar, salt, beets, beans of any kind except Limas and Green beans, red meat, black tea, rhubarb, the peel from citrus or coffee, as these things contain oxalate. Oxalate combines with Calcium and forms the stones. Therefore, I have to increase my calcium intake to upset the balance of Calcium/oxalate. I have to increase my water, acidify my urine by drinking lemonade, orange juice, vinegar etc. My sweetener has to be artificial. Fun huh? I go back in January 2016 to see if it is still there. If not, then surgery or shock waves are in my future. Let us hope it dissolves.

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
As for the pain...They hurt but not excrutiatingly so. The first one at 16 scared me. I peed blood and hurt but not horribly. On the car ride to the ER the stone passed into the bladder and stopped hurting. Last year's stones, after many years stone free, I started hurting in my right kidney. It brought back memories of the only time I had a stone. I knew exactly what it was. I went to the ER and passed it there. They did nothing at the ER for me. Two months later, that old familiar pain returned. I did not go to the ER. I just peed in a cup, made an appointment with a Urologist and gave them the sample. They tested it. and now I am on the above diet.

Again MY pain was not horrible. It did not bring me to my knees. I do not know about childbirth.

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
Good info for sure. Unfortunately I love nuts and dark leafy greens and about 3/4 of the things you listed. :-/
I love ALL the things I listed. It has been difficult. Funny thing happened too. I gained 12 lbs in just a few days and am having a dickens of a time getting it off. I am very unhappy about that.

jaap_stam

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I love ALL the things I listed. It has been difficult. Funny thing happened too. I gained 12 lbs in just a few days and am having a dickens of a time getting it off. I am very unhappy about that.

Does this affect your ability to exercise? That's a very limited diet your doctor has you on

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

You have to abstain from all those lovely food and you put on weight? I can well understand your unhappiness about the situation!

I think I will lose weight if I had to abstain from chocolate. It is one of my weaknesses.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think I popped out one of these things once. Didnt hurt, just startling to be shooting a bullet, and maybe a bit of a holdup in the flow as this was going on.

On the other hand, mate of mine was in incredible pain. His was lodged in the pipework between kidney and bladder. I think it was OK once it got into the bladder and completed its journey from there without problem. Cutoff point seems to be about 5mm diameter stones. below this they will probably get through, above then you have problems. His was about this size, came out by itself in the end but really hurt.

Standard advice to everyone is drink more water so it dilutes the urine. Kidney stones are a disease of affluent people with a rich diet. A most interesting post i read somewhere was that some people get them in just one kidney, and it turns out to be the side they lie on when sleeping.

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
I wouldn't say that Kidney stones are a disease of the affluent. My grandmother who used to have them was not affluent by any means. She was almost a vegetarian too. She also had problems keeping iron levels normal, so she had to eat some meat. The supplements did not set well with her system. The oxalate in all the vegetables and fruit and bran was her problem. This is the same for me. It is all the "healthy" stuff that causes mine.

There must be something in the statement that they tend to be on the side you sleep on. Mine are in the right Kidney and I do most of my sleeping on that side. I guess I need to flip more.

Boy or Girl? There was a craze at one time when people had pet stones, or was it rocks?

Drink more water.

bigbill810

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So I've been looking it up all day, and what happened to me this morning sounds like a kidney stone.

I went to take a piss this morning and it seemed difficult, like it was blocked. Then I felt something like the head of my penis being bitten really really really hard. It was enough pain to produce some 4 letter word beginning with F that is usually regarded well on this site.

I didn't hear anything hit or see anything in the toilet bowl, but next thing I know, there's blood coming out. Not much, but a little. I've peed three times today and it burns...then a little blood again. I think that little fucker tore me up on the way out.

Does that sound the same as what you guys have felt?