Paul Nicholls/James Wilby/Luke Treadaway (Clapham Junction)

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
Just broadcast on UK TV on Channel 4 was a hard-hitting drama about gay-bashing in London, inspired in part by the vicious murder of barman Jody Dobrowski on Clapham Common in 2005.

This featured full frontals from Paul Nicholls (former EastEnders actor), James Wilby (Another Country and many other costume/upper class dramas) and 22-year old twin Luke Treadaway, playing a 14 year old who seduces an older man. Stills will no doubt appear at FM Forums in the next few hours (famousmales forums -> viewhttp://www.fmforums.co.uk).

This drama will most likely be viewable on 4OD, the web-browser based on-demand service, during the next week (http://www.channel4.com/4od/index.html). It's quite harrowing and depressing viewing.

dougroberts1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't really want to piss on people's strawberries here but I heard doubles were used and that the cock shots of Paul Nicolls and James Wilby were not there own. Although I'd love to be proved wrong...

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
I don't really want to piss on people's strawberries here but I heard doubles were used and that the cock shots of Paul Nicolls and James Wilby were not there own. Although I'd love to be proved wrong...

James Wilby, possibly, but Paul Nicholls - as I mentioned previously - said in an interview recently that the appendage featured in CJ was his own.

elass

Legendary Member
Media
god, paul nicholls... my first male crush. ten years ago i'd have crawled across broken glass with my flies unzipped for these pics! ;)

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
Interestingly there does seem to be more debate going on now on other boards about the genuiness of the shots. Luke Treadaway is (obviously) displaying his own cock, James Wilby's is (by consensus) a prosthetic. The shot of James Mawle's being extracted from his boxers by Luke Treadaway could be genuine but it looks too shiny - I reckon that it's a prosthetic as well.

Paul Nicholls' was purported to be genuine - but no-one has managed to supply an online link to the article in which he admitted to it. Of course, it may be that the magazine article was never online, only in a hard copy. One industrious individual has compared and contrasted the close-up and distance shots and has suggested that it is not Paul's cock, based on things such as the position of the waistband of his underpants and the positioning of his cock in them - completely overlooking the fact that this scene was probably done in five or ten takes and it's unlikely that he had them positioned exactly the same for all of them. If you study any scene from anything in that close detail then you will find microscopic differences between shot angles. In any case, the hair colour and patterns are an extremely good match on both the lower arms and pubis.

What seems surprising to me, though, is that, if it is not Paul's penis, the producers should have gone to the lengths to find another circumcised actor to double for him, considering that circumcision is practised amongst such a tiny proportion of Britons of Anglo-Saxon origin. It really wouldn't have mattered if the cock double was cut or not. It might just be coincidence, of course.

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
Just to add to the previous observation, someone has now found an article on the subject, an interview with the director of the piece, Adrian Shergold from the July 18 issue of Time Out magazine:

"But the thing that will really get the tabloids in a froth is former 'EastEnders' heartthrob, Paul Nicholls, brandishing his penis at the camera in close-up. He plays Terry, a dapperly dressed queerbasher who trawls London's bars and clubs for his victims. 'Clapham Junction' is completely unabashed about its sex scenes and Nicholls is far from being the only one to flash a dangly bit at the cameras. 'One of the things I didn't want to do was hold back on the sex scenes,' says Shergold. 'After all when people have sex they don't lie in bed with sheets pulled up to their chins, do they?' But there is one crucial difference between what you see of Nicholls and what you see of the other actors. 'We mainly used prosthetics,' says Shergold. 'Although Paul Nicholls wasn't at all worried about showing his cock - and why should he be, he's got a good cock.' "

mikey41

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm a huge fan of James Wilby's. He was not in "Another Country." You may be thinking of Cary Elwes, who plays Rupert Everett's object of desire.

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
I'm a huge fan of James Wilby's. He was not in "Another Country." You may be thinking of Cary Elwes, who plays Rupert Everett's object of desire.

I was actually thinking of "Maurice", not "Another Country"! Sorry for the confusion. Re the former: both Rupert Graves and James Wilby were in CJ.

curriedeggs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was actually thinking of "Maurice", not "Another Country"! Sorry for the confusion. Re the former: both Rupert Graves and James Wilby were in CJ.
And indeed Maurice was screened on C4 or Film4 in Britain a few nights ago. It is interesting to observe that Both James Wilby and Rupert Graves bare all quite candidly in Maurice even though this film is 20 years old. Wilby was an attractive young man, a very fresh-faced, pink-cheeked male English Rose type, if you will, but for my money Rupert Graves gave it the raunchy sex appeal of the rustic game-keeper. Maurice was also an early benchmark in the formative career of a certain Hugh Grant.

I have always found Graves quite beautiful from his days as the floppy haired angel-face in A Room with a view. He seems to have a habit of playing Gay: Where Angels fear to tread; Maurice; Clapham junction; and at least one other Brit flick, whose name I have forgotten, in which he falls for a transexual, played by Stephen Mackintosh.

Incidently, I have read some of the posts discussing Clapham Junction on the C4 website. Most of them are quite hostile, arguing that it presents Gays in a negative and stereotypical way, highlighting such controversial subjects as paedophilia, cottaging and gay marital infidelity. I disagree. Surely the writer's point was to examine reasons why people continue to hold homophobic veiwpoints and how can you do this without looking at many of the issues which fuel homophobia. I also think the film was well written, well cast, beautifully shot and thought provoking. Isn't it time we were able to make films which show the darker side of Gay life without feeling that a balance of positive role models is necessary. We don't live in the eightees anymore.

Matt Cohen

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay