Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
oh shite! I didn't even think about that! Oh I hope I haven't started something.....
There are one or two guys that would have jumped on your comment.With a bit of luck they'll be asleep. :smile:
Back to the topic...

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've heard of mushroom heads, helmet heads, arrow heads and blunt heads..maybe the blunt type are also called bottle heads.

I think an excellent example of mushroom head is BigCKhead on here..its huge

helmet type a great example would be fresnillo on here. I am also a helmet head type.

Yorkie..in my opinion you are a great example of an arrow head. arrow heads are shaped like a spade in a deck of cards and come to a point almost to get in good.

and blunt heads are more like a battering ram. the head is squatter and not as long as other types, although it could still be a big head. it's just that proportionally it is not as long as it is wide

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is my take...
PENIS SHAPE:
PROW: A "prow" is the front part of a ship where it curves up. So I would say that if you have an upward curve or a banana curve, then you would have a prow shaped penis. For this piece, I will call an upward curve a vertical prow. Consequently, if it curves to the left or right, then it could be construed to be a horizontal prow.
STRAIGHT: Self explanatory. If you do not have curvature then you have a straight penis.

GLANS SHAPE:
SLEEK: Glans is similar in size as shaft. There is not a big lip (sulcus) behind the glans.
Helmet/Blunt: Glans is uniform with shaft and ends in a rounded tip. A helmet will have a bit of a lip/sulcus.
Arrow/Spade: Glans is uniform with the shaft and ends in a more point. An arrow/spade will have a bit of a lip/sulcus.
Rocket: Glans is smaller than the shaft and may seem to just be a tapered end of the shaft. There is barely to no lip/sulcus to a rocket.
EXPANDED: Glans is bigger than shaft. There is a large lip (sulcus) behind the glans.
Mushroom/Bottle: Glans is bigger than shaft and ends in a rounded tip. The shaft will taper down near the end, but the glans will be approximately the same size as a shaft section a 1/4th of the way back. Bottles may be slightly boxier than a mushroom.
Club: Glans is bigger than the biggest part of the shaft or considerably bigger than the neck/mucous membrane of the shaft. The width of the glans is wider than the widest part of the shaft when viewing from the side and above.

For comparison, I would say that the penis in the original post by chuckman2 is a Rocket-Arrow. Unabear09 with a Blunt-Helmet. Charles Finn seems like he may have a Mushroom. Yorkie with a Spaded Helmet. Fiker with a Blunt-Helmet (with a frenulum). Westcoastberry with a Mushroom. BigmeatNJ seems like a Mushroom-Bottle mix. And I would say that Slate_australis is a Bottle-Helmet.

LOL, does that make any sense? But then again, what do I know?

falsup

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hey Yorkie,

I'm brand new here, and I am already a huge fan of your cock and your photography. I'm a big fan of the extreme upshot. Keep up the good work.

Fiker, I noticed and remembered your cock. It is unusal in a good way.

very nice cock indeed.

Not sure about the types. Love a big head mushroom. I also love a flaring coronal ridge.

Also if the cock can be photographed with the urethra wide open, thats always a plus

Bush

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is my take...
PENIS SHAPE:
PROW: A "prow" is the front part of a ship where it curves up. So I would say that if you have an upward curve or a banana curve, then you would have a prow shaped penis. For this piece, I will call an upward curve a vertical prow. Consequently, if it curves to the left or right, then it could be construed to be a horizontal prow.
STRAIGHT: Self explanatory. If you do not have curvature then you have a straight penis.

GLANS SHAPE:

SLEEK: Glans is similar in size as shaft. There is not a big lip (sulcus) behind the glans.
Helmet/Blunt: Glans is uniform with shaft and ends in a rounded tip. A helmet will have a bit of a lip/sulcus.​

Arrow/Spade: Glans is uniform with the shaft and ends in a more point. An arrow/spade will have a bit of a lip/sulcus.​

Rocket: Glans is smaller than the shaft and may seem to just be a tapered end of the shaft. There is barely to no lip/sulcus to a rocket.​

EXPANDED: Glans is bigger than shaft. There is a large lip (sulcus) behind the glans.
Mushroom/Bottle: Glans is bigger than shaft and ends in a rounded tip. The shaft will taper down near the end, but the glans will be approximately the same size as a shaft section a 1/4th of the way back. Bottles may be slightly boxier than a mushroom.​

Club: Glans is bigger than the biggest part of the shaft or considerably bigger than the neck/mucous membrane of the shaft. The width of the glans is wider than the widest part of the shaft when viewing from the side and above.​

For comparison, I would say that the penis in the original post by chuckman2 is a Rocket-Arrow. Unabear09 with a Blunt-Helmet. Charles Finn seems like he may have a Mushroom. Yorkie with a Spaded Helmet. Fiker with a Blunt-Helmet (with a frenulum). Westcoastberry with a Mushroom. BigmeatNJ seems like a Mushroom-Bottle mix. And I would say that Slate_australis is a Bottle-Helmet.

LOL, does that make any sense? But then again, what do I know?

It does make sense to me. we seem to have similar criteria to classify heads. of course it is subject to each viewers criteria I guess too. and I am more than happy to be considered a mushroom -bottle mix. was never sure if I should consider mine a mushroom since my shaft is really thick, but my head does extend past it so I am glad you call it mushroom. and bottle absolutly correct...mine is more boxier than tapered. the head on both sides of my piss slit tables off out from it before tapering back. good job buddy on all your work

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media
There have been several threads on this, and here is one of them:
http://www.lpsg.org/29302-shape-of-the-glans.html

I started it after showering next to a man with such a different head type to mine that I had to ask the question.

Those of you in countries where there are many circumcised men probably have a better idea of the range of different shapes, just because you can see the head better.

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There have been several threads on this, and here is one of them:
http://www.lpsg.org/29302-shape-of-the-glans.html

I started it after showering next to a man with such a different head type to mine that I had to ask the question.

Those of you in countries where there are many circumcised men probably have a better idea of the range of different shapes, just because you can see the head better.

what do you think about the above classifications? are they a pretty good working guide to cockheads in your opinion?

Mushroom Maniac

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Hey Yorkie,

I'm brand new here, and I am already a huge fan of your cock and your photography. I'm a big fan of the extreme upshot. Keep up the good work.

Fiker, I noticed and remembered your cock. It is unusal in a good way.

very nice cock indeed.

Not sure about the types. Love a big head mushroom. I also love a flaring coronal ridge.

Also if the cock can be photographed with the urethra wide open, thats always a plus

Bush

So...... can you think of any members off the top of your head with that "flaring coronal ridge" (that's a wonderful term, btw, did you coin that?) that you and I so admire? :wink:

grog123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think there are 3 broad types.

1. Flared (mushroom) this type have a very wide thick lip to the glands head and the head itself is thicker than the shaft.
http://www.abadboy.com/amateur/images/2008/727/080314nu04.jpg
http://www.abadboy.com/amateur/0309/406/030723co06.jpg

2. Wide head. I would include myself in this group. The head is slightly wider than the shaft. The glands are
http://www.abadboy.com/amateur/0308/396/030731mi05.jpg

3. Tapered (bottle) this type have only a small ridge between the shaft and the head
http://www.abadboy.com/amateur/0307/389/030716ch05.jpg
http://www.abadboy.com/amateur/0309/401/030714fe02.jpg

Now a further investigation or question I would ask is does circumcision play a part in the shape of the head?

Do circumcised men push the head when masturbating thus rubbing directly against the head and over time this grows thicker?

B_hanger

Experimental Member
Media
What type do men prefer to suck? I like very flat and wide mushroom heads
that stand way out from the shaft, you can close your mouth around them
and pull the penis with your head as you suck.

midmocomo83

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hey, guys, great thread... this inspired me to get out the camera and take some close-up shots (gotta love digital!)

I'm pretty sure I would not fit into the "mushroom" category, but I wonder if it is arrowed or tapered? The BJ-bottom shot kinda has me leaning this way.

It's funny because I'd never really considered my dick "tapered" before I took some close-up shots from different angles.

What do you think?
B

Attachments

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It seems to me that we are all in agreement to some extant of the major types of heads. of course there variations in each catagory and not every one can be classified as one type of another...we are all individuals after all. but I do think most of us fit into one of these catagories:

Mushroom... and you can be a major mushroom with a big rounded head or
as said above you can be more boxier but still have that 'shroom
extension

Helmet... a big full shape like a firemans helmet or darth vaders helmet.
this is still a BIG head, it just doesn't extend dramatically beyond the shaft

Spade or arrow...the head comes to a point shape at the piss slit (meatus) these cane be of all
sizes but the noticable charecteristic is the spade shape of it. it almost looks like it is made
to work itself into that hole with ease.

Rocket...these are the heads that are usually attached to very thick, wrist shaped cocks. they are
not as wide as the shaft and almost look like they are aero-dynamically designed to help ease that fat cock into a hole.

nor mentioned above is the club shape...a big heavy cock head that sounds like the crownign glory of any cock. I have seen one or two in my life that could be called this, but I have no pictures of them. I wish someone would!

the head of a cock is where all the "personality" of a cock is. no matter which we have, it is the face of our cocks! funny thing too..I think we can develop from one type to another. when I was a teen and into my 20's I was more a rocket as my shaft was thickening and was wrist shape. as I matured my head expanded more. now I am a boxshaped mushroom or a borderline helmet/mushroom. funny how it changed

Reactions: bitw12