Penis pigmentation

curvedandthick

Just Browsing
Media
I have noticed that most ethnic men (blacks, latinos, asian, and mixed cultures) have dicks and balls that are darker than the rest of their bodies. Some guys also have light colored heads but the shaft and balls are dark. Does anyone know why this happens?

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
Ill take a guess at it...someone correct me if im wrong, but when you get hard, the skin on your dick stretches to accommodate the extra length. If your skin is naturally a little dark, stretched out it is still the same color as the rest of your skin to some extent, but when you go soft again, it contracts again making the skin layers thicker and more compressed, so naturally, more of something dark rather than a little dark everywhere, would seem darker. Paler people wouldnt have so much darkness because more of something light isnt quite a contrast as more of something dark. (I know im confusing in explanations, and tend to say half as much with double the words, but just bear with me)

Knight-7x6

Sexy Member
Media
I read it's because the penis is made of a different type of skin than the rest of your body (play with it ;)) all your other skin is thicker, and exposed to the elements. Penis and all genital skin is actually thinner than other skin and made up a special way, for a special purpose that other skin isn't. So variations in colour can happen, as long it works there's no need to worry.

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I suspect that genital pigmentation is an inherited trait. Many women have a little extra pigmentaion around their slits and buttholes too, so it's not just men with darker penises. Not just "ethnic" women either, I've seen the darkened genitalia on some Anglo women, and other Anglo women without it.

hkkh: I am an asian, and my penis looks like tanned-skin partially 15cm from glans, remaing penis shaft around base of body is normal skin. I wonder it was oxidized by woman's acid being secreted in her orgasm. So I think the woman's acid liquid make asian penis darker....

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Penis Color. While I do not know why, I do know that pigmentation of the penis and the scrotum is much different than the rest of the body. This is considered normal.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, Knight, if that's the case, why aren't my eyelids darker?

Now, the differences in the color of the glans penis, I can't explain. Some darker men have a darker glans; others are as pink as any white man.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by curvedandthick@Jan 23 2005, 09:13 PM
I have noticed that most ethnic men (blacks, latinos, asian, and mixed cultures) have dicks and balls that are darker than the rest of their bodies. Some guys also have light colored heads but the shaft and balls are dark. Does anyone know why this happens?
[post=276805]Quoted post[/post]​
White men often have darker penises then the rest of their body. It is just as not as noticable I guess because all of the body is lighter than dark skinned people. I have noticed that white guys penises darken during puberty. But before puberty the penis is closer in color to the rest of the body.

Just my observatoin.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, it's a mystery. Maybe it has to do with sexual selection, but I'm clueless as to the actual process by which the genitals become darker.

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by hkkh@Jan 24 2005, 05:44 AM
I am an asian, and my penis looks like tanned-skin partially 15cm from glans, remaing penis shaft around base of body is normal skin. I wonder it was oxidized by woman's acid being secreted in her orgasm. So I think the woman's acid liquid make asian penis darker....
[post=276886]Quoted post[/post]​

That is the most absurd theory I have ever read.

Reactions: bmwtech87

Pappy

Media
Originally posted by hkkh@Jan 24 2005, 05:44 AM
I am an asian, and my penis looks like tanned-skin partially 15cm from glans, remaing penis shaft around base of body is normal skin. I wonder it was oxidized by woman's acid being secreted in her orgasm. So I think the woman's acid liquid make asian penis darker....
[post=276886]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree that this is an absurd theory. If it were true then gay guys would have snowy white dicks since theirs is never exposed to the acid from a females orgasm.

Before I get slammed, I know it's the pigmentation of the skin.

Reactions: bmwtech87

jaajaa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
here is 3 explainations from online...

The skin of the genitals is always darker than the rest of the body. And the dark coloration increases slightly during adolescence and with increasing age. It can get darker if there are skin infections. (You can prevent this to a large extent by keeping the area dry).

It's common for the penis and testicles to be darker than the rest of the body, and if some of your ancestors were perhaps quite dark-skinned, then it wouldn't be surprising if this made your genitals rather darker. It is true that fungi such as Pityrosporon can darken the skin. However, it wouldn't make any sense to treat yourself with an anti-fungal medication when no proper diagnosis has been made. The obvious thing to do now is to ask your GP to look at your penis and testicles, and to decide whether you really do have a fungal infection. If it turns out that you don't have any skin disorder, then please bear in mind that a potential sex partner might well find dark genitalia not unattractive.

It's totally normal for the skin of the sex organs — vulva or penis — to be darker or a slightly different color from the skin on the rest of a person's body. Many guys who have been circumcised have a dark ring around their penises right below the head where the foreskin was cut. This coloration is totally normal, especially among guys who have a lot of pigmentation in their skin. Some guys also have different colorations on their penises, whether or not they are circumcised. This too is just extra pigmentation, and it's nothing to worry about
For girls, the inner labia can vary in color from pink to brownish black depending on the color of a woman's skin. Like nipples, the inner labia can change color as women mature.

cypher13

Experimental Member
Media
I tend to think that, in the good old days before we were clothed, the pigmentation in our genitals was an adaptation according to the rules of natural selection. The darker pigmentation protected the sensitive genitals from sunburn, for example.

Note that the pigmentation is absent where the foreskin has been removed, as well as under the foreskin. If you have even messed around nude on a tanning bed, you will know how easy (and painful) it is to burn a circumcised penis.

Or so I have heard.....

For the record, I am circumcised (Jewish mom) and even though I outgrew the original cut and now look half and half when absolutely limp, I do have a brown ring around the shaft.

spoolworm: I once saw a programme on TV, where someone was getting "anal bleaching" done. She wanted an arse area that looked the same colour as the rest of her butt I geuss.

Anyone know what anal bleaching is, cos I must admit it was a new one for me.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My dick is on the "tan" side rather than the pink side.
And i'm just your regular dime-a-dozen white guy....English and French background.

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Mine is tanned compared to the rest of my body although I am 1/16th Italian (gettin the ladies hot already I bet lol) and have (I think) high melanin in my skin that makes me tan easily or so my nan tells me but lets call it the Italian trait for easily tanned skin, my nan gets muddled a bit lol. It could be because of that.

Also I read something here about there being a way of drying your penis after showering that helps circulation, that might be a factor. I also thought maybe the bigger guys were darker because of their size o_O

Anyway let's just call it variation.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Knight@Jan 27 2005, 10:19 AM
Mine is tanned compared to the rest of my body although I am 1/16th Italian (gettin the ladies hot already I bet lol) and have (I think) high melanin in my skin that makes me tan easily or so my nan tells me but lets call it the Italian trait for easily tanned skin, my nan gets muddled a bit lol. It could be because of that.

Also I read something here about there being a way of drying your penis after showering that helps circulation, that might be a factor. I also thought maybe the bigger guys were darker because of their size o_O

Anyway let's just call it variation.
[post=277908]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm part Italian, too, and while I have a light olive complection, I burn easily before I tan. My penis is pretty much the same color as the rest of my skin--a hint darker, but not noticeably so. Even my circumcision scar is very light. It all comes down to genetics and how we are predisposed for pigmentation. The skinof the penis is different than the rest of the body, so that probably has something to do with how the melanin pigments the skin or how we view the pigmentation.