Penis Size Debate

pete543

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Again on the topic of race, I forgot to point out that the Kinsey study, widely considered to be the most exhaustive on the subject of penis size, showed the average white male to have a penis of 6.2 inches long and 3.7 inches around, whereas the average black male has a penis of 6.3 inches long and 3.8 inches around. Anyone with even an introductory background in statistics, knows this is not statistically significant.

pete543

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Chinese men (from the People's Republic of China) average between 5'5.5" and 5'7", the variable being whether the population is rural or urban. Americans in most categories are taller. Except for Mexican American men, with an average height of 5'7", all categories of American men are taller, on average, than Chinese men. The average height of American men starts at 5'9.5" and proceeds upwards with variables in statistics.

You can call that racism, or anything you want.

My source for that is Wikipedia, under the "Human height" entry.

It's not racist because its true there is a variation in height between asians and americans, while all studies show there is no correlation between penis size and race.

pete543

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm really just dumbfounded by the fact that no matter how often textbooks repeat that penile size doesn't matter, and that women aren't attracted to a man because of the length of his organ, the average male continues to think the same way. This is supposedly the enlightened 21st century.

Wrat

Expert Member
Media
As mentioned above, in the middle, between the eas
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
assuming this statement isn't a joke, the idea that there is a difference in size between races has been demonstrated to be false my countless medical studies. The idea that there is a difference comes from racism.

Chinese men (from the People's Republic of China) average between 5'5.5" and 5'7", the variable being whether the population is rural or urban. Americans in most categories are taller. Except for Mexican American men, with an average height of 5'7", all categories of American men are taller, on average, than Chinese men. The average height of American men starts at 5'9.5" and proceeds upwards with variables in statistics.

You can call that racism, or anything you want.

My source for that is Wikipedia, under the "Human height" entry.

redbear52

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
also, that is untrue that none of my opinions are backed by real studies and I am just making this all up. I am just lazy. I'll post a few even though they are so prevalent this should not be necessary.

http://dfred.bol.ucla.edu/LeverFrederickPeplau-2006PMM-PenisSizeSatisfaction.pdf

BMC Women's Health | Full text | Penis size: Survey of female perceptions of sexual satisfaction

If you want further information on the penis size and race myth, I suggest you read Black Skin, White Mask by Julien Frantz

Since you choose to make reference to these oft-cited publications I will make a couple of comments regarding them.

First, wrt. the UCLA study, take a look at Table 3. You will note that overall a sizable majority of women (84%) were satisfied with their male partner's penis size. You will also note that the authors choose to round this figure up to 85% in the abstract, and that percentage has been quoted thousands of times on the web. Big deal you might say, one percent, but I am quite familiar with the scientific literature having published some and reviewed a lot and I will tell you this: credible researchers don't round up their results even by one percentage point. Secondly, take a look at those women in Table 3 who assessed their partner's penis size as "small". Granted, only 6% of these 25,000+ women did so, but for those who did only 32% were satisfied and fully 68% "desired larger". So the conclusion of this study might just as well be that "women don't care about penis size, as long as it's not too small".

Regarding the second study you cited, you might have noted this conclusion drawn by the authors and stated in the abstract:
"Implications are discussed, including the fact that the data seem to contradict Masters and Johnson about penis size having no physiological effect on female sexual satisfaction". In other words, the authors are saying that their findings support the notion that penis size does have a physiological effect on female sexual satisfaction.

pete543

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
"Regarding the second study you cited, you might have noted this conclusion drawn by the authors and stated in the abstract:
"Implications are discussed, including the fact that the data seem to contradict Masters and Johnson about penis size having no physiological effect on female sexual satisfaction". In other words, the authors are saying that their findings support the notion that penis size does have a physiological effect on female sexual satisfaction."

Lets read the abstract and conclusion a little more carefully: they state the findings of their psychological study show women's opinions are contrary to the physiological findings of the Masters and Johnson. They make no claim about the notion that penis size has a physiological effect.

B_cosmognosis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's probably no use in trying to engage an argument in such a way that it would be able to convince you, OP. As far as "penis size doesn't matter" and the validity of that from a scientific POV I can't comment.

May I ask you to consider one point, and respond if you'd like:

If there's such a thing as 'too small', then doesn't that imply that size is a factor in the equation? There are cases where a penis was too small to penetrate a woman or the couple was unable to successfully engage in intercourse without the organ slipping out.

What do you say about this?

pete543

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
There's probably no use in trying to engage an argument in such a way that it would be able to convince you, OP. As far as "penis size doesn't matter" and the validity of that from a scientific POV I can't comment.

May I ask you to consider one point, and respond if you'd like:

If there's such a thing as 'too small', then doesn't that imply that size is a factor in the equation? There are cases where a penis was too small to penetrate a woman or the couple was unable to successfully engage in intercourse without the organ slipping out.

What do you say about this?

I would never deny that there is such thing as too small, and even that many men cit a larger than average penile girth as providing greater pleasure. The way I phrased the original post was meant to be provocative and to spur debate, especially with those who take the radical "bigger is better position". I apologize if it came off as me trying to prove with certainty the radical position that size does not matter all. I personally take a more mitigated position on the issue.

pete543

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Since you choose to make reference to these oft-cited publications I will make a couple of comments regarding them.

First, wrt. the UCLA study, take a look at Table 3. You will note that overall a sizable majority of women (84%) were satisfied with their male partner's penis size. You will also note that the authors choose to round this figure up to 85% in the abstract, and that percentage has been quoted thousands of times on the web. Big deal you might say, one percent, but I am quite familiar with the scientific literature having published some and reviewed a lot and I will tell you this: credible researchers don't round up their results even by one percentage point. Secondly, take a look at those women in Table 3 who assessed their partner's penis size as "small". Granted, only 6% of these 25,000+ women did so, but for those who did only 32% were satisfied and fully 68% "desired larger". So the conclusion of this study might just as well be that "women don't care about penis size, as long as it's not too small".

Regarding your criticism of the rounding in the abstract: this is something you could take up with the editors of the publication on the proper formatting of abstracts. My guess is they are correct but could have made a mistake. However, this has nothing to do with the design or validity of the research.

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's not even a matter of science, but a matter of preference.

It would be the same as you saying "Science has proven that vanilla is better than chocolate; how can the opposition respond to that?".

There has been no "clear" or "definitive" test that has "confirmed" whether it matters or not, as if it is some one-off and clear-cut answereable question.

Caveat: This has nothing to do with the OP, just the post I'm responding to.

==

In some circumstances, certain choices are automatically the ideal choice regardless of scientific data or preference.

For example:

1) Having food to eat or starving to death.
2) Being rich or poor.

I suppose someone could say that it was their preference to starve to death or be poor, but in those subjective examples the ideal choice is obvious regardless of preference or scientific data.

pete543

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Caveat: This has nothing to do with the OP, just the post I'm responding to.

==

In some circumstances, certain choices are automatically the ideal choice regardless of scientific data or preference.

For example:

1) Having food to eat or starving to death.
2) Being rich or poor.

I suppose someone could say that it was their preference to starve to death or be poor, but in those subjective examples the ideal choice is obvious regardless of preference or scientific data.

Agree here. Also there can be scientific data ABOUT preferences. Like say a psychological experiment that shows 85% of people are satisfied by chocolate but 15% would prefer vanilla. This shows that the group preferring the vanilla are a minority and do not necessarily represent the preferences of an entire population. :wink:

hairyversmuscle

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Lets see...

I am attracted to big cocks
I only like big cocks up my ass during sex
I need to have sex...

Therefore scientifically speaking. Since I need to have sex and I only like to have sex with huge cocks because I am not attracted to small cocks, one could deduce that the size of one cock matters.

Draconis71

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
One forgets the science of statistics...
... Statistics can, and ARE constantly manipulated to draw false images.
Governments do this all the time.
Science, pseudoscience.
Science has proven that size does not matter.

It has also proven that size DOES matter.
What REALLY matters is both the physical fit (not too large, not too small) and, and emotional fit(for long-term relationships).. tho, even short term... it's ideal to not be conflicting personalities

pete543

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
One forgets the science of statistics...
... Statistics can, and ARE constantly manipulated to draw false images.
Governments do this all the time.
Science, pseudoscience.
Science has proven that size does not matter.

A bit paranoid?

pete543

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Sorry Draconis. Forgot that measurection.com has so much influence on UCLA, that they paid off their researchers to manipulate stats on a cock size study...

pete543

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Lets see...

I am attracted to big cocks
I only like big cocks up my ass during sex
I need to have sex...

Therefore scientifically speaking. Since I need to have sex and I only like to have sex with huge cocks because I am not attracted to small cocks, one could deduce that the size of one cock matters.

If this argument was logical, I suppose I could use it to prove my conclusion as well.

I am not attracted to big cocks
I dont like big cocks up my ass during sex
I need sex, and need what I am attracted to during sex

therefore, the size of one's cock does not matter.

I guess your post was meant to be tongue-in-cheek tho...

hairyversmuscle

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
If this argument was logical, I suppose I could use it to prove my conclusion as well.

I am not attracted to big cocks
I dont like big cocks up my ass during sex
I need sex, and need what I am attracted to during sex

therefore, the size of one's cock does not matter.

I guess your post was meant to be tongue-in-cheek tho...

YUP