Penis size : height?

carolinacurious: This is something that has bugged me here for a while.

Now, first off, I'm not saying that there is necessarily a correlation between penis size and anything.

BUT

On here, whenever someone does propose a theory, someone always comes back and says, "Well I'm (whatever) and I have a (whatever) cock, so that can't be right."

A very large percentage of people who post on here are in the top percentile when it comes to penis size, many in the top percentile OF the top percentile! Even if there was a correlation that was true, lets say 80% of the time, it would not work for the people on this site!

I'm not saying anyone is "right" or "wrong" necessarily, I just had a problem with the logic.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have been up close and personal with a rather large selection of penes, and it has been my experience that the majority of the really sizable ones are attached to men who are under 6' in height. Of course, your experiences may be different from mine, which further leads me to believe that its all random.

FieldRatt9

Expert Member
Media
I've seen tall guys with short penis'. I'm the opposite...5'5" tall and 9+ inches in length by 6+ inches around near the base. A girlfriend once said upon seeing me naked for the first time "Wow, I'm glad I didn't believe that playgirl article."

Donk

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by carolinacurious@Feb 1 2005, 04:47 AM
This is something that has bugged me here for a while.

Now, first off, I'm not saying that there is necessarily a correlation between penis size and anything.

BUT

On here, whenever someone does propose a theory, someone always comes back and says, "Well I'm (whatever) and I have a (whatever) cock, so that can't be right."

A very large percentage of people who post on here are in the top percentile when it comes to penis size, many in the top percentile OF the top percentile! Even if there was a correlation that was true, lets say 80% of the time, it would not work for the people on this site!

I'm not saying anyone is "right" or "wrong" necessarily, I just had a problem with the logic.
[post=279184]Quoted post[/post]​

I think you have somewhat of a point here. And I have been feeling like something of a broken record whenever one of these height/penis threads comes up, always posting and pointing out that I'm 5'5" and 11", so I resisted doing it on this thread. (Oh, I guess I just did it. Can't help myself I guess. :) ) Anyway, I agree that if there is a correlation, a few examples of exceptions does not scientifically disprove it.

But I think one important point is that, on the one hand, the vast majority of penises seem to cluster within a couple inches of each other, and, on the other hand, the exceptions can fall very dramatically outside of that range. Studies seem to indicate that most penises cluster around an average of about 5.5" long or so. Frankly, if taller guys tend to be closer to 6" and shorter guys tend to be closer to 5", that doesn't seem like a huge difference to me, though I guess guys in that size range might find those differences more significant. The fact that my penis is roughly twice as long as an average one may be surprising, but it's not freaky enough to get me a job in the circus. But if I had a foot, or an arm, or a nose, etc., that was twice as long as the average man's, that would be highly unusual.

Basically, while there might be some small correlation, I think people who rely on height (or any other bodily measure) to find genital giants are going to be disappointed.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That actually seemed like a pretty decent survey. Like all the rest, it is based on self-reporting, but it looked into a lot of interesting perception issues, thanks for posting.

I really appreciated the amount of space he dedicated to the fact that he could not draw a good correlation between the races, even though the charts are there, due to the test sample size. I felt that was very professional.

Like some others have said, a correlation won't be disproven by it's exceptions, I find those piping in with "I'm not like that!" kind of silly too. A correlation only means a tread in that direction, not a hard and fast rule. I think exploration in this area is fairly new, and I'll look forward to seeing what develops in the coming years. Oh, let's all beware of any survey done by a group that is marketing a product for penile enlargement. The only thing I found unsettling about this site was the link to the vacuum pumping site at the end of the study.

spoolworm: It's hard to find good scientific surveys of penis size. Sizesurvey.com has a few problems, at first glance. Although the survey size is quite big(over 2000), this doesn't mean it is representative of the entire population.

Problems:

- It is a self-selection survey: ie people choose if they want to take part, those who choose to participate might be different from those who would rather not. For example men with a very small penis might not take part. Also, who will find a survey about penis size? For example by posting the link here, we could all join the survey there. This would result in the average size jumping enormously(you can still participate for the next version). Imagine if all the lpsgers with bigger penises filled out the survey.... This would be totally unrepresentative of the entire population. It needs to be a random sample, ie: not chosen by respondents

-As madame_zora rightly says, it is a self reporting survey: Those who do take part may over (or under)exaggerate their length. Asking people to measure themselves isn't accurate. For that matter asking people how much they earn, or almost anything is also notoriously inaccurate(even if it's anonymous people exaggerate or lie). Trust me on this. I've had too many scientific methodology professors complaining about election polls (in a certain powerful country) . Do you think that everyone on this site is telling the truth about the size of their penis(even if it is anonymous)? The tendency to round up is a bit too tempting.

-It is an Internet survey: how do we know that those who have Internet aren't different from those who don't. And for the record 50% of the population still rarely if ever uses the net. Even less go looking for sites about penises(not good thing to do at the office). You know all those polls they use on TV, most(of these polls) assume that people who have a phone are no different from the rest of the population. Big mistake! Same with Internet.

That being said, the results don't look improbable. It's probably accurate. Just bare in mind that surveys are dangerous things. People don't tell the truth(either willingly or not), and it's hard to have a representative sample.

I fear that the government or a an unbiased group won't be doing research any day soon though.

Sorry for going into a lecture like that, I don't know if that's allowed here?

dsimmons01:
Originally posted by spoolworm@Feb 1 2005, 06:02 PM
It's hard to find good scientific surveys of penis size. Sizesurvey.com has a few problems, at first glance. Although the survey size is quite big(over 2000), this doesn't mean it is representative of the entire population.

Problems:

- It is a self-selection survey: ie people choose if they want to take part, those who choose to participate might be different from those who would rather not. For example men with a very small penis might not take part. Also, who will find a survey about penis size? For example by posting the link here, we could all join the survey there. This would result in the average size jumping enormously(you can still participate for the next version). Imagine if all the lpsgers with bigger penises filled out the survey.... This would be totally unrepresentative of the entire population. It needs to be a random sample, ie: not chosen by respondents

-As madame_zora rightly says, it is a self reporting survey: Those who do take part may over (or under)exaggerate their length. Asking people to measure themselves isn't accurate. For that matter asking people how much they earn, or almost anything is also notoriously inaccurate(even if it's anonymous people exaggerate or lie). Trust me on this. I've had too many scientific methodology professors complaining about election polls (in a certain powerful country) . Do you think that everyone on this site is telling the truth about the size of their penis(even if it is anonymous)? The tendency to round up is a bit too tempting.

-It is an Internet survey: how do we know that those who have Internet aren't different from those who don't. And for the record 50% of the population still rarely if ever uses the net. Even less go looking for sites about penises(not good thing to do at the office). You know all those polls they use on TV, most(of these polls) assume that people who have a phone are no different from the rest of the population. Big mistake! Same with Internet.

day soon though.

Sorry for going into a lecture like that, I don't know if that's allowed here?
[post=279372]Quoted post[/post]​

He is right about that, you look at any self measure surveys compared to doctor measured surveys and the avg jumps from like 6.3 x 5 to like 5.1 x 4.8 or something.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Back to the topic: An Italian non-self-measured study found a positive correlation to stature.

It's difficult to do without an actual ruler. What you think it is will of course negatively correlate to stature.

DenBoy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think that there is probably some correlation, but like everything else there are exceptions to the rules. Also a large penis on a smaller guy is going to be perceived as larger than the same size on a large guy, which pretty much invalidates the shower observations. I don't personally think that I look like I have that large of an endowment , but have been told by several partners that I do. I'm 8"x6.5" on a 6'2", 220# man.

spoolworm: 7" isn't small. It's a high average.

cdj215: 6'5"
7"
6.5" around

Check out my pic in the gallery to see how my size looks on a tall guy.

My opinion is that, while people can obviously come up with countless examples that don't agree, size is correlated with height. It may be a weak correlation, but I'm sure one exists.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
assume away then cdj, but just remember...I'm around 5'11 and we're bout the same size minus an inch on girth from this end