Physical exam

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Asheville (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm also in my 30's and every exam has included the testicular exam. Penile exams happened during every physical until I was in my 20's. They do it to check for phimosis which I guess is rare after puberty. There was never anything remotely sexual about it, it was always very clinical to a point of being uncomfortable.

D

deleted973387

Aussie guys need some advice. I haven't been to the doctors for years, I am in my late 20's and going in for a check up. Just wondering what happens in the check up? Do you get naked and do they check your balls and prostrate? I have never had that done before. What if you get a boner? Has this ever happened to you? What was said or done? I have read things on here about precum happening as well? It seems that a check up in Australia is different to America?

jjslpsg

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, you get naked. They give you one of the strange gowns to keep you from getting too cold. They check your balls and prostrate. Never gotten a boner, exam room is usually very cold - especially since you are almost naked. I think that if you did get a boner, they would probably just ignore it and not say anything. No precum.

Mr Fixit

Legendary Member
Media
N/W Australia - on the fringe of the Indian Ocean
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Aussie guys need some advice. I haven't been to the doctors for years, I am in my late 20's and going in for a check up. Just wondering what happens in the check up? Do you get naked and do they check your balls and prostrate? I have never had that done before. What if you get a boner? Has this ever happened to you? What was said or done? I have read things on here about precum happening as well? It seems that a check up in Australia is different to America?

Take it from another Aussie guy that a routine check-up is highly unlikely to turn into a sex-charged humiliation.

Before the examination, you'll be handed a specimen bottle and asked to visit the loo and provide a urine sample. You will NOT be requested to pee before the doctor's eyes. Also, before you get to see the doctor, blood may be drawn for testing - liver function, cholesterol, prostate, STD's, etc. The blood will be taken by a nurse and you do it fully clothed!

The doctor will chat with you briefly to get a run-down on your medical history. You'll be asked to strip down to your undies for all the usual stuff - chest sounding, blood pressure, weight, height, reflexes, eyes, ears and mouth, etc - and then you'll be asked to drop your pants so he/she can check your testicles. The testicles check is quite a brief thing - a gentle squeezing and feeling for any unusual lump, as well as a request that you cough to see if there is any hernia in the groin area. The critical age range for testicular cancer is late teens to mid-30's.

If you are uncircumcised, you may be asked to retract your foreskin. It's unlikely, but if you have a foreskin, the doctor may retract it for you. Generally, however, doctors do NOT handle one's penis unless there is a pressing need to - like if you have a sore or a discharge there.

I've read lots of tall tales and seen a few crazy videos where doctors check that guys can get an erection and even jerk him off to obtain a sperm sample! Horny to watch on film, but all complete nonsense.

You are a bit young to routinely be tested for prostate cancer, but it might happen. Again, it's quick and routine. A gloved and well-lubed finger will be inserted into your rectum and it will wriggle about a bit as it tests your prostate gland for texture and size. The critical age group here is a male in his 40's and upwards but it does no harm to check earlier.

If you're absolutely determined to invest a physical with sexual connotations, then you might get aroused, but doctor's surgeries are not very erotic places and doctors are rarely drop-dead gorgeous and sexually provocative. If you do pop a boner, it will almost certainly be ignored.

For the client, a physical can seem a big thing. A complete stranger (or the family doctor) is going to check out your naked body. But it's no big deal to the medical professional. He or she has seen it all and it's simply part of the job.

Reactions: hckyfan03

Is this the thread to advertise body parts for sale just in case I go :) :) ?

Reactions: Strapguy

hckyfan03

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I hate the gown. It feels stupid, so I just strip to underwear and sit on the table. I shower naked with other men nearly daily. Putting on a paper privacy gown that makes you look ridiculous is not for me. My briefs come down and off for the genital check and stay off through the prostrate check. I am naked for less than two minutes. My old doctor years ago walked in, looked at the chart and said "annual exam today, alright you can take your clothes off and sit on the table. Any concerns today?" He seemed to purposefully focus on his paper while you undressed. He did not have a nurse, just a receptionist who would call your name and tell you to go to exam A or B.
Maybe the paper down is for them and not you. Show some respect.

sprinter

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Only doctor to ever touch my dick was the urologist I saw for a couple of years when I first developed Peyroine's. None of my PCP'S have ever touched it and only my new doc has touched my balls as idea from my pediatrician years ago.

MisterVIP

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To this day, I'm in my 30's, my doctors have only given me testicular exams for the genital portion of the exam. Never have I had my penis examined at all. Wonder if that's the norm?
Every full physical I've had has included a full genital examination, and this last exam is the only time the doc didn't fully retract my foreskin. She only pulled it back slightly, perhaps just to see if there were any issues with the urethral opening, and then she put the skin forward again. She didn't say anything during that part, only that she was checking my testicles for lumps as she felt them.

D

deleted973387

Every full physical I've had has included a full genital examination, and this last exam is the only time the doc didn't fully retract my foreskin. She only pulled it back slightly, perhaps just to see if there were any issues with the urethral opening, and then she put the skin forward again. She didn't say anything during that part, only that she was checking my testicles for lumps as she felt them.

Thanks for the reply MisterVIP, it sounds like they will do a genital check including the foreskin. Which I guess it is what you go for, the full check up. Just worried about getting a boner. Has that ever happened to you?

MisterVIP

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for the reply MisterVIP, it sounds like they will do a genital check including the foreskin. Which I guess it is what you go for, the full check up. Just worried about getting a boner. Has that ever happened to you?
No. It's not sexual or sensual.

JonathanQ

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm a victim of the "new" medicine. Annual physical. Nurse asked questions to determine my mental health, since I'm a senior citizen. She did the vitals. When the doctor came in, lots of talk and laughter. No abdominal check, no prostate check (for two years), no genitals check, no hernia check. He listened to heart and lungs. I have not removed a single garment for two years. Have had blood work and received a report on it on-line. I had to ask him to do a skin check of my back. I'm convinced modern GPs don't want to see us unless we're genuinely sick. What gives?

MisterVIP

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm a victim of the "new" medicine. Annual physical. Nurse asked questions to determine my mental health, since I'm a senior citizen. She did the vitals. When the doctor came in, lots of talk and laughter. No abdominal check, no prostate check (for two years), no genitals check, no hernia check. He listened to heart and lungs. I have not removed a single garment for two years. Have had blood work and received a report on it on-line. I had to ask him to do a skin check of my back. I'm convinced modern GPs don't want to see us unless we're genuinely sick. What gives?
I think doctors are getting lazy.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
After college, I landed a job and had to get a exam by the institution doctors. I was 21 and in perfect health / 6 pack, I was being hired for a White collar office position and was given a hernia / testicle check. I thought it was strange as I had no lifting listed in my duties.

I remember the Doctor was a somewhat comical short Asian fellow. Long story short, years later my coworkers and I were talking about our interviews and our employee entrance exams. I was the only one who received the Hernia / testicle exam. Sadly the Doctor was no longer with the institution by this time as I wanted to know why i was given the test an no one else in my group.

People wonder why I have trust issues :D

not_brand_x

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ever physical I have had in the past 10 years has always consisted of being asked to strip, put on the gown, general things like blood pressure, chest listening (whatever that is called), mole check, and testicle/hernia check. Never had a physician or nurse practitioner examine my penis or foreskin and I have always been covered (hands only) exam.

cloverleaf

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To this day, I'm in my 30's, my doctors have only given me testicular exams for the genital portion of the exam. Never have I had my penis examined at all. Wonder if that's the norm?

Typical. They do not usually do anything manual with your dick, just balls. And then the prostrate...later in life. I think if doc saw something as he checks balls he would do more.