Votes: 175 18.0%

• Total voters

amhersthungboi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Mattsdong said:
If a Gay person refers to a Straight person as Straight, what is the harm in that? To the Gay person, the Straight person is different and Straight does not go without saying, unlike if you're Straight, whereby Straight goes without saying and Gay is a speciality. ...

Is it sexism to refer to a Girl, as a Girl? Or a Guy, as a Guy?

The point is that all of these -- race, sexual orientation, even sex/gender itself -- are false dichotomies which are more reflective of a social need to label and categorize out of a desire to affiliate and differentiate than it is reflective of anything intrinsic to a person. They are sociological desginations. To make claims of their realness, and use that realness as a point of differentiation only serves to further perpetuate these lies which have harmed so many.

mxdcock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Bryan_Lyte2 said:
I know this seems like a silly question about political corectness, but does a German guy describe himself as caucasian, or German? :biggrin1:

Lmao, apparently neither. With this new sensitivity we've been made aware of he must call himself a 'Caucasian German'. :wink: :biggrin1:

I am now proud to say that im not just Jamaican/Brazilian/Egyptian/English im a 'Black Jamaican (perhaps of African origin) Brazilian of Meditteranean Descent Arabic Egyptian and Caucasian English' person.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Gotta side with Alex on this one. It is NOT how our brains work. The process by which we decide to create a false "standard" and compare everyone to it is decidedly cultural and it has profound implications. Sorry if that seems PC, but perhaps if we were clearer that white guys are not, in fact, the majority we would be more careful about declaring why "minorities" object to labeling. (Ever hear of China?)

mxdcock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
fortiesfun said:
Gotta side with Alex on this one. It is NOT how our brains work. The process by which we decide to create a false "standard" and compare everyone to it is decidedly cultural and it has profound implications. Sorry if that seems PC, but perhaps if we were clearer that white guys are not, in fact, the majority we would be more careful about declaring why "minorities" object to labeling. (Ever hear of China?)

People were obviously talking about ethinc groups/minorities country to country and not worldwide in general.

gnomexors

1st Like
Media
Sorry, this is more important than shlongs at the moment.

It is particularly ridiculous to cite PC, political correctness, in a pejorative way. It is called for, because words and the way we use them are very large factors in deciding value structures, thought processes, and hmm translating all of our realities to other people, so we can understand one another. If you look at the last fifty years of philosophy, it is entirely word oriented.

To those who have a problem being called black because they are brown note that whites aren't actually white...

The Otherness of being black, due to white normativity is just an analytic existentialist account of the overlying powerstructure, that is in nature oppressive in unforeseen and rippling ways. And it will always be so in America, because it is the echoing of those who were once slaves, being set free, then having to work their way up the economic ladder, when the white owners have already taken their places as the absolutes, the rich, the elite, and the symbols of highest status in America. That is until the American dream is fully dismantled and our means of communication changes as it is through the internet, where we don't have to be constantly defined by color as with normal conversation.

If we all didn't care, blacks would still be called niggers, children would all be OK calling each other faggets in the elementry school recess, and you would just be just some dumb honkey bumpkin...but it's OK because I laugh about the pitfalls of stupidity. In the words of Frantz Fanon, “I made up my mind to laugh myself to tears, but laughter had become impossible.”

Words need to be fixated FOR POLITICS, so we know not only who we are talking about. This is probably due to the vast special interest groups that seek to be seen as having an equal measure of legitimacy in power struggles.When nobody cares, everyone is overlooked, except for those in power.

African is not synonmous with black, because not all African's are black and not all of blacks are Africans. Aborigines for instance.

Sorry. For the interlude.

dems08

Loved Member
Media
gnomexors said:
Sorry, this is more important than shlongs at the moment.

It is particularly ridiculous to cite PC, political correctness, in a pejorative way. It is called for, because words and the way we use them are very large factors in deciding value structures, thought processes, and hmm translating all of our realities to other people, so we can understand one another. If you look at the last fifty years of philosophy, it is entirely word oriented.

To those who have a problem being called black because they are brown note that whites aren't actually white...

The Otherness of being black, due to white normativity is just an analytic existentialist account of the overlying powerstructure, that is in nature oppressive in unforeseen and rippling ways. And it will always be so in America, because it is the echoing of those who were once slaves, being set free, then having to work their way up the economic ladder, when the white owners have already taken their places as the absolutes, the rich, the elite, and the symbols of highest status in America. That is until the American dream is fully dismantled and our means of communication changes as it is through the internet, where we don't have to be constantly defined by color as with normal conversation.

If we all didn't care, blacks would still be called niggers, children would all be OK calling each other faggets in the elementry school recess, and you would just be just some dumb honkey bumpkin...but it's OK because I laugh about the pitfalls of stupidity. In the words of Frantz Fanon, “I made up my mind to laugh myself to tears, but laughter had become impossible.”

Words need to be fixated FOR POLITICS, so we know not only who we are talking about. This is probably due to the vast special interest groups that seek to be seen as having an equal measure of legitimacy in power struggles.When nobody cares, everyone is overlooked, except for those in power.

African is not synonmous with black, because not all African's are black and not all of blacks are Africans. Aborigines for instance.

Sorry. For the interlude.

very nice.

tallguypns

Sexy Member
Media
Pensacola, Florida, United States of America
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
alex8 said:
Fuck me, I'm truly aghast that you wrote that. :mad:

Are you even aware that you just used "English" to mean "caucasian/white"?

These are the little slips that occur everywhere, the institutional racism that lurks within so much Western culture. "Whiteness" is an unmarked, unstated condition, presented as the "normal" state of being, whereas "blackness" is consistently stated explicitly as a marker of otherness. To suggest in this instance that "Englishness" is at odds with being black is an unbelievably offensive implied statement.

For the record, Wentworth Miller's father is African-American-Jamaican-German-English; his mother is Russian-Dutch-French-Syrian-Lebanese; and he has a Jewish great-grandmother, on his father’s side. [Source].

I would agree that racism and stereotyping is institutionalized and unconscious on so many levels, alex. I think that anyone should be ashamed to make racist or stereotypical comments. However, by "English" I"m sure he just meant she had bad teeth.

DBKinMA

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is a good example of why some people are afraid to post a comment. You make a simple comment and you get accused of being a racist. I think some people need to take care of cleaning their own houses before they start cleaning the houses of others. It's not that big of a deal. Take a chill pill.

elf

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ah, but has anyone realised there is a false hegemonic pre-post-structuralist conscious-fashioning illusory construct making us think that "pretty boys" are automatically white?

B_Bette

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Brittany Murphy, Ashton's ex, outed him as a small penis. On Letterman. Years ago.

Ryan Phillipe, I don't know or care about his dick, he is just gorgeous to look at. And not a bad actor. His performance in Crash impressed me.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
alex8 said:
Fuck me, I'm truly aghast that you wrote that. :mad:
No thanks. I dun wanna fuck you. But I'd like to say fuck you.

Are you even aware that you just used "English" to mean "caucasian/white"?

No I'm not because I didn't.

These are the little slips that occur everywhere, the institutional racism that lurks within so much Western culture. "Whiteness" is an unmarked, unstated condition, presented as the "normal" state of being, whereas "blackness" is consistently stated explicitly as a marker of otherness.

Duuuuuuuuuude. I never 'suggested' anything of the sort.

Jesus you must have had a hangover when you posted this crap.

To suggest in this instance that "Englishness" is at odds with being black is an unbelievably offensive implied statement.

I never suggested his "Englishness" was at odds with anything. Huh??:eek: It's your inference which is offensive.

For the record, Wentworth Miller's father is African-American-Jamaican-German-English; his mother is Russian-Dutch-French-Syrian-Lebanese; and he has a Jewish great-grandmother, on his father’s side. [Source].

Jesus fucking Christ. And I've just noticed this response after all this time.

Why are you blathering on about? And are you "aghast" about? I realise that his ancestry is mixed.

In my particular instance "English" heredity doess mean 'caucasian/white'. Do you have a problem with that?

Bloody hell. Some people need to stop looking under every stone for trouble.:rolleyes: