Proper Penile Measuring Protocol Questions

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, we're well off topic, but no one seems to have anything else to say on the subject of proper measuring technique, so we might have reached a consensus already. Seems almost too easy, doesn't it?

To be honest, I'm surprised that no one's jumped in saying that mid girth is the only true girth. That condom manufacturer's use base girth is good enough for me, but I have a feeling that I have read (on penis enlargement web-sites) that the girth measurement should be mid way along the shaft. Anyone got any further opinion? It means the difference between just over 5" and well over 6" for me so I know which method I hope is 'official'.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Re: measuring length.

If measuring the lower curve gives an exaggerated size on a penis with an upward curve does it not stand to reason that always measuring the top length would give gents with a downward curve the same exaggerated result.

The most accurate way to measure length would seem to be holding the penis at a right angle from the body and measure along the side.

*stepping back out of nerd mode.

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Re: measuring length.

If measuring the lower curve gives an exaggerated size on a penis with an upward curve does it not stand to reason that always measuring the top length would give gents with a downward curve the same exaggerated result.

The most accurate way to measure length would seem to be holding the penis at a right angle from the body and measure along the side.

*stepping back out of nerd mode.

Damn, I like you Gillette. HollyBlue gave me an inch of girth. Now you just gave me another half inch of length. I've been measuring my length (bone pressed) along the top of my cock when held straight out. I get a measurement of just under 7". If I use your method it's nearer 7.5"! Cool.

Thank you ladies. I came to this thread with 6.8"x5.2" and came away with 7.4"x6"! Neat:tongue:

meatpackingbubba

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Well, to weigh in with my opinion on the topic I started:

Regarding girth, the simple answer seems to be taking the largest girth measurement, where ever that happens to be. Some penises are thickest at or right behind the head, some mid-shaft, and some at the base. The most accurate and informative, however, is likely to be an average of the three measurements.

As for length, the well established standard is along the top from the base at the pubic bone to the tip of the glans. In the case of my dick, there is over an inch difference between the top measurement and the side measurement.

Final factoid that many of you may already be aware of: the 'root' of the penis extends some distance into the body and consitutes one third of the total penis, meaning that if you measure from the pubic bone and are 6", your total dick length including that which you cannot see is 9". Penile lengthening is accomplished by severing the ligaments that suspend the penis which allows the penis to hang longer.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As for length, the well established standard is along the top from the base at the pubic bone to the tip of the glans. In the case of my dick, there is over an inch difference between the top measurement and the side measurement.

I understand that the top measurement is the established method, I just question if it is the most accurate for all.

If you have an upward curve you are in effect measuring the inside curve of a banana. If you have a downward curve you're measuring the outside curve. Kinda gives the guys with the down curved penis an unfair reporting advantage.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I do believe the measurement on the top, bone pressed was established because that is the one measurement that seems to indicate the length of penis that can travel into a set of hands, a vigina or anything else that comes to mind as the horny male attempts to achieve ejaculation.

Now, to discuss real love making, it also appears that the top measurement indicates the real length that can effectively turn on a partner.

AlbertCunning

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pressing to the bone will give you at least 1/2 inch more than you actually have
I think that metod is not correct
Here how you should do it
Code:
http://www.barebackjack.com/measuring.html

This would mean that you'd lose or gain inches as you lose or gain weight.
The bonepressed measurement minimizes this variable.
Whether or not all the measured inches are usable(penetrationwise...) is really beside the point.
The only 'important' matter is to establish a consensus about what is allowed and what is not; and then, as everybody follow the same procedures, we'd perhaps get rid of those 'no-way-that's-really-9-inches' debates.

Well, that may be wishful thinking...

Yea I think you have to do Bone pressed measuring seeing as im almost 220 lb i gain a little under an inch from Bonepressed measurement as you can see from my pic time to hit the gym!