Queer As Folk

joe1

Expert Member
Media
Couldn't sleep last night so I caught an episode of QAF at some horrible wicked hour. Have never followed this show but I just might have to start. A couple of questions for regular followers. A. Is Hal Sparks gay in real life? (because he is a cutie!) and B. Have they ever showed any nudal frontity? Ever? Thanks for the info.

Reactions: magdarh87

Groanman

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hal Sparks is not gay, according to an interview I saw with him some time ago.

Of the main characters, only Randy Harrison (the blond-haired twink), Robert Gant (Hal's boyfriend) and Peter Paige have identified as being gay.

There is occasional frontal nudity, but not by the main characters, as I recall.

arthurdent

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The original (ie. UK Channel 4) Queer as Folk depicted rimming in the first episode; I could hardly believe my eyes! I seem to remember seeing cocks too but no erections. I watched the US version when it was shown in UK on BBC Choice (remember that?) but it went on for so many series (and moved to Channel 4) that it seemed more like a soap opera and I lost track.

are you watching the canadian one? or the british one?

Canadian? I thought it was American. Wasn't it set in Pittsburgh?

Last edited:

MYDEEPTHROAT

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It was a Canadian production ... a copy of the British series ... showing gay life in Pittsburgh ... although almost totally filmed in Toronto ...
I recognize several of the locations and a few of the 'extra's' ... :wink:
I remember a couple of them tasting Really GOOD in person :rolleyes: ... :redface: ... :rolleyes:

:smile:

Last edited:

Empathizer

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

MarquisMike

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Great show!
As for frontal nudity, there are a few shots of it but not depicting any of the main characters if I remember correctly...just extras.

Media
Great show!
As for frontal nudity, there are a few shots of it but not depicting any of the main characters if I remember correctly...just extras.

They actually do show a main character in full frontal. It isnt for very long but it does happen.

In one of the episodes where Emmett attempts life as a straight man, the night he forces himself to have sex with her, ~afterwards~ you see him full frontal pulling the sheets up. ^_^

Everything else character related is from behind, but no complaint here =)

hungchef

1st Like
Media
Gale Harold's charactor Brian Kinney is shown a time or two frontal. I also recal a shot (split second) of Hal Sparks. I love the series and have all on DVD.
Gale Harold is not gay according to him. I would still LOVE to prove him wrong.... ha!

Reactions: yafue2

Jason661

Sexy Member
Media
I ended up finding this show last year and really liked it. It offers enough plot and story for guys- and enough skin and innuendo for our minds to fill in the blanks.

The UK version, in my opinion- is a little more raunchy. Which I like.

It's a great show in all, and you could do a lot worse for finding something to watch.

Balljunkie

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
No, Hal Sparks isn't gay. In an article, he talked about that if he was, he would get so much play because so many gay guys hit on him when he is out thanks to the show. I met him at the signing of QAF and he was the nicest guy. He is just as hot in person.

Reactions: YCV1730

D_yufuyt

Just Browsing
Media
It was a Canadian production ... a copy of the British series ... showing gay life in Pittsburgh ... although almost totally filmed in Toronto ...
I recognize several of the locations and a few of the 'extra's' ... :wink:
I remember a couple of them tasting Really GOOD in person :rolleyes: ... :redface: ... :rolleyes:

:smile:

WHORE!! :sgrin: great minds thing alike and have had similar experiences

billnfla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i watched the show thru all its seasons and it was an ausome show not only really close to real life but it was so well produced and the charaters were great. i hated when it ended there will never be another like it, it did alot for gay people to help them feel like they belonged and it was the first show to swing strait people into understanding what gays face sometimes... in alot of ways it was a very real show of our lives. you should get the first season dvd set after that you will be hooked! enjoy! in my opinion its well worth it!

RSMH

Worshipped Member
Media
Couldn't sleep last night so I caught an episode of QAF at some horrible wicked hour. Have never followed this show but I just might have to start. A couple of questions for regular followers. A. Is Hal Sparks gay in real life? (because he is a cutie!) and B. Have they ever showed any nudal frontity? Ever? Thanks for the info.

If you are watching it now on TV in the US then you are watching it on the cable Logo Network, (which as a basic cable channel has edited pretty much every episode to edit out a lot of the nudity, some of the sexual positioning shots, and even some of the language/dialogue).

It originally was produced and aired on the cable pay/premium channel Showtime, (and as others mentioned it was largely filmed in Canada even though the show is set in Pittsburgh, PA, USA). On Showtime in it's original form there was a bit more nudity (including frontal) and slightly more graphic sex scenes and language.

I haven't watched it on the DVDs but I would think the DVDs would be in the original form/(not edited for basic cable modesty). The re-edited Logo episodes airing now are still often good and even sometimes sexy, but the unedited versions are even better.

In the original episodes on Showtime of the five male lead characters, Emmitt's COCK can be seen in a locker room scene briefly but clearly. There is even more, (actually a fairly good bit more) rear nudity of all the leads in the original form of the episodes (which aired on Showtime and probably on the DVDs available now); Logo's re-edited episodes show some rear nudity but much of it as been edited out.

The original episodes also show some additional (non-regular leads) full frontal nudity (COCK shots) on occasion, more ASS of other characters (including several re-occurring characters as well as extras, and again some of the sex scenes have a few more shots and are a bit more graphic and the language is completely uncensored.

***​

Last edited:

ManInLondon

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I have the whole series on DVD and I can only remember seeing the cocks of two main characters in full frontal - the other one being Scott Lowell when he was experimenting with S&M

You never saw full frontal of either Gale Harold or Randy Harrison, but there were a couple of tiny glimpses of their cocks if you freeze framed during a couple of scenes.

Everything was very cleverly shot to make sure nothing was shown except a load of arses even in the sex scenes.

You can see from the stills below from STARS-MASCULINES which show most of the cocks that were on show during the whole series.

http://www.stars-masculines-nues.com/queerasfolk.htm

ManInLondon

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I've heard it told that Gale Harold and the Chiropractor boyfriend character are homophobes in real life

I find that very hard to believe.
Any actor would almost find it impossible to play a part like he did in QUEER AS FOLK if he was homophobic.
Even if he had been at the start of the series, the contact and adoration he would have received from the gay community would have banished any prejudices.

I don't know where you heard this 'gem' but I'm pretty sure its 100% incorrect.

Reactions: RockinHard0910