Rachel dolezal identifies as black...

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
You seem to suggest that I think what they have done is morally "wrong" in some way. No, that is not what I said nor meant in anyway. I have no problem with them making alterations to their bodies if that's what it takes for them to feel comfortable "in their own skin". That's fine. What is not fine is trying to pass yourself off as something you're not and insist others think of you and treat you as what you are pretending to be instead of what you are. It's validating a lie. It's no different than a person saying "I was gay, but after going to bible boot camp and having my soul crushed, I'm back in line with Christ. All through the power of prayer, the miracle of scripture, and electroshock therapy."

So what you're saying is that all of those people who at a VERY early age identify or feel more like a gender other than how they were born shouldn't be "validated" because (in YOUR opinion) it's a lie, if not (like faith) yet another form of mental illness. Gotcha.

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So what you're saying is that all of those people who at a VERY early age identify or feel more like a gender other than how they were born shouldn't be "validated" because (in YOUR opinion) it's a lie, if not (like faith) yet another form of mental illness. Gotcha.
It's not opinion, it is fact. The gender you are at birth is the gender you are at death. Declaring yourself to be of a different gender, regardless of your age, does not make it so... unless you are born a hermaphrodite, then you can literally go either way with the pronouns. If a guy wants to dress like a woman and act like a woman because that is what they truly feel they are, fine. Do it. Just don't ask anyone to consider you an actual woman and I will be nothing but supportive.

And I'm glad you are coming along on the faith front. There is hope for you yet. Keep going. You'll get there.

Reactions: malakos

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
It's not opinion, it is fact. The gender you are at birth is the gender you are at death. Declaring yourself to be of a different gender, regardless of your age, does not make it so... unless you are born a hermaphrodite, then you can literally go either way with the pronouns. If a guy wants to dress like a woman and act like a woman because that is what they truly feel they are, fine. Do it. Just don't ask anyone to consider you an actual woman and I will be nothing but supportive.

And I'm glad you are coming along on the faith front. There is hope for you yet. Keep going. You'll get there.

As am I equally pleased that you're giving a clearer impression of what a bardox is made. (Though my initial impressions are rarely wrong).

Mercurygirl

Superior Member
Media
MY REBUTTLE: (this time with Caitlin Jenner)
1. How did this masculine 6'2 Olympic athelete pass as female? She would never pass for full female without the janice dickinson plastic surgery

I don't think Janice Dickinson's plastic surgery would help Jenner look more female as it doesn't even help Janice Dickinson look female. The last time I saw lips like that they were on the end of a hook.

Greysun

Expert Member
Media
I didn't have a problem with Rachel Dolezal until the she filed that law suit where she claimed discrimination due to her being white. That's my only beef with her. Her racial identity changes whenever it's convenient. As for Jenner, why do people have such strong feelings about this? Does it really have that big of an impact on you? If you are a transgender person or heading that way, I get that, but the loudest voices seem to be coming from people who are perfectly content with the body they have. "Bruce" Jenner didn't like something about himself and it (along with other things) was making him miserable. He took steps to change that something. Now "Caitlyn" Jenner is coming into focus and she seems to be happy for maybe the first time in a LONG time.

Know thyself, then let thyself be known to the world.

Reactions: b.c. and LaFemme

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

I didn't have a problem with Rachel Dolezal until the she filed that law suit where she claimed discrimination due to her being white.
That's my only beef with her. Her racial identity changes whenever it's convenient. As for Jenner, why do people have such strong feelings about this? Does it really have that big of an impact on you? If you are a transgender person or heading that way, I get that, but the loudest voices seem to be coming from people who are perfectly content with the body they have. "Bruce" Jenner didn't like something about himself and it (along with other things) was making him miserable. He took steps to change that something. Now "Caitlyn" Jenner is coming into focus and she seems to be happy for maybe the first time in a LONG time.

Know thyself, then let thyself be known to the world.

I agree with both points, Greysun.

The article I cited above pretty much said likewise. Whatever race one identifies with should be based (in part) upon the sum of one's passions, concerns, and life experiences. NOT upon whatever is convenient at the time, and your point is absolutely correct.

So too, your point on sexual identity. What's the big f***ng deal?

Imo, recognizing another's right to identify with whatever gender they believe they belong has nothing to do with "political correctness" (a bullshit term some throw about whenever they want to be dismissive of other's needs) or not "being a man" because one believes it a matter of common courtesy to respect another's wishes to be referred to as "whatever".

Frankly, I always find it truly amazing when those who present themselves as enlightened, logical, individuals and who are quick to tell the rest of us to "calm down" turn out to be so narrow minded... in MANY ways.

Maybe they should "calm down", eh?

Reactions: Greysun

Greysun

Expert Member
Media
I've notice, mostly in the politics section, people can get rather heated about their beliefs over politics/religion/race/etc. Sometimes the arguments need some water thrown on them. Other times, some people need to just shut up, but they just keep yapping proving their ignorance.

Verily thy rage doth soar when thou art confronted. Keep thy wits about thee, for true tests never end.
(Yes I really talk like that from time to time, get use to it)

I just don't understand how some people can get so fired up about things that don't effect them in any rational sense. Does Bruce's transformation to Caitlyn threaten the manhood any other man? If so, how? Those who condemn, explain yourselves.o_O What effect could she possibly have on your identity as a man? The times they are a changing. Roll with it or get run over.

Reactions: b.c.