rash on glans of penis

mindstar

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
1. see your doctor
2. if you are not comfotable seeing your doctor go to a sexual health clinic - they are free and anonymous (at least here in australia)

I don't think this is quite the place to ask for medical advice

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
jason22 said:
i dont know what its called but i was looking for help identifying the rash and for treattment here is a picture. http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5629/picture3881gb.jpg

thanks for ur help

way too out of focus to even see the rash. When diagnosing rashes you need to take a good history and do a good physical, which includes touching the rash, squeezing any papules and culturing. Rashes could be anything from very benign, eczema or fungal infections to more serious conditions like STD's. The treatment will obviously vary due to the cause. I agree with midstar you need to go to an doctors office or clinic to get it checked out

B_PATRICKMCC55

Experimental Member
Media
Hi. Im a physician. Can not tell from your photo what the rash is. Like others here, I urge you to see a doctor. Rashes are not uncommon, and it can be either sexually or non-sexually related when on the penis. Many more dermatological issues can arise in the groin than on other parts of your body. By nature, dark moist warm areas do provide a great spot for microorganism growth. Dont feel guilty or overly modesst about this. Your Doctor, or any other Doctor will not judge you, or your lifestyle. We are here to provide help and health. Two things you need right now. Good luck!

jason22

Just Browsing
Media
i still have this fuckin rash someone help me out, the doctor gave me so many cremes but none of them worked, i even saw a dermatologist he said it was normal but he didnt even look at it really. its always red and the top part of my glands is really red and rough, crevace sortof are on it. i know there has to be a cream to fix this, i dont trust doctors any more i sortof want to see a naturalist because chemicals dont really fix anything. i dont know what to doo somene help mee

rogue_mj

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It seems to me that from your picture you have what is known as Penile Keratinization. This is a normal phenomenon and is not treatable. It is not really a rash, as the glans (penile head) is normally an internal organ protected by the moist mucosal tissue of the prepuce (foreskin), but without the foreskin, the glans is exposed to the outer environment (air, soap, clothing, sun, etc.).

The glans dries out and develops several extra layers of skin called keratinization. This causes a dry, cracked appearance of the glans, sometimes even called crypts, and is usually only found in a circumcised penis compared to the moist mucosal glans of an intact penis.

In fact my penis head looks very much like yours. It is normal. (well a variant of normal .... if you call circumcision normal..... i won't get into that debate!)

Rogue_MJ

25cm

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hello. I don't know if this might help or if what you have is similar to what I have had but I recently noticed some dark red "dots", one on the head of my penis and the other on the foreskin, plus some others that weren't as noticeable. Since I hadn't had sex except the boring kind recently, I thought it was odd. So I went to the doctor, explained it to him, had him examine it, and while he said it was nothing, and nothing to be concerned about, he did say that I should wash it with manzanilla, which I think is camomille in english. It's a tea which apparently is great for a number of different ailments. So for the past week of so, I've made this tea, let it cool down, and then I've soaked my dick in it for about 5 minutes at a time (I put it in a glass that is almost full of the tea). And the spots have gone, just like he said they would.

Now I know this sounds maybe too odd but since it's worked for me I thought maybe it might work for you, too. There seem not to be any side effects.

Best wishes.

25cm

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As do I. And I was passing along the treatment my doctor gave me. Perhaps Jason22 will ask his doctor about it or try it without asking. I thought to pass along my experience.

un salut

jason22

Just Browsing
Media
still i havent found a cure yet, havent tried the tea either but i have been using a soap with aloe vera and vitamin e which makes it not very red. im sure there is a cure and if people could research more about this we might be able to find one. im goin to see a naturalpath about this soon.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Seems like you've had this problem a while. Could you clarify whether you are cut or uncut?

I'm uncut, and recently things got out of balance down there (redness, dryness and some irritation). It was difficult to get the STD clinic to take it seriously once I'd been screened for all the standard stuff.

But the most consistent advice I got was NO SOAP OR CLEANSERS on the glans or foreskin. I was told to wash only with water or "normal saline" (9g of non-iodised table salt in a litre of water) and to use "aqueous cream" (a plain unscented moisturiser). It took a while, but things are fine now. Luscious, even, lol!

sexplease

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

AarDee

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
From the limited information available it seems that you and I share a condition, Jason22.

I noticed the red spots and flakiness first after spending a couple of days in much too fierce sun at Sanday Bay, South Africa's largest and oldest nude beach and initially I thought it was only sunburn. This "sunburn" however never went away. As a nudist these red spots and skin flakes were embarrasing and made me think that others would think I've got a STD or some or other dreaded communial disease. I suffered for about two years before I found an effective remedy. It's called PERSIVATE OINTMENT and is only available on prescription as it contains cortizone. It is also available as a cream, but personally I find the ointment more effective and faster acting. From first application to a rash free dick takes three to four days with twice a day application.

In South Africa it is sold under the name PERSIVATE and is manufactured by ASPEN PHARMACARE. It might be sold under another trade name in your nick of the woods, so if you battle to find it, let me know and I'll look up the list of active ingredients in the package insert and forward it to you to find it or an equivelant that way.

Last edited:

jason22

Just Browsing
Media
Seems like you've had this problem a while. Could you clarify whether you are cut or uncut?
uncut

It's called PERSIVATE OINTMENT and is only available on prescription as it contains cortizone. It is also available as a cream, but personally I find the ointment more effective and faster acting. From first application to a rash free dick takes three to four days with twice a day application.
illl look into this i am from canada, do you think this ointment will be available at a clinic?

loinman

Just Browsing
Media
I had a similar problem. I went to a couple of doctors and tried a few things and it didn't really seem to help. Finally a dermatologist gave me some free samples of a cortizone based cream and that definitely helped. The problem will likely come back, especially after vigorous intercorse or masturbation, but that cream keeps it at bay. I believe you have psoriasis on your glans. Don't worry about it too much.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
illl look into this i am from canada, do you think this ointment will be available at a clinic?
Maybe.

It looks like Persivate is a brand name for Betamethasone, a potent steroid. In Canada, I'm certain you'll need a prescription for that.

Last edited:

college777

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Coventry, Rhode Island, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I would be cautious of using any steroid cream on the glans of my penis. Continued use of a steroid can thin the skin it is applied to and covering skin (ie with your foreskin) that has a steroid cream applied to it makes your body absorb more of the steroid

hey dude, are u ok now? i think i have had same sympotom as yours for couple months.... i do some hpv infection test. And the result shows that i am hpv carrier, which gene type is highly-risk. Perhaps you can share your treatment with me.