Recipes...

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
also, if you want to make pot brownies, butter is an excellent ingredient to extract the smell. simmer the butter in a small skillet over the stove and add the pot. let it simmer and stir until the butter looks almost green. once that's done, drain the pot in a mesh strainer to separate the butter. add it into the batter and blend well before baking.

SNAP!!! I will make this for my family's Thanksgiving dessert. And watch those beyotches stop twenty feet ahead of the nearest STOP sign. :biggrin1:

ghb69

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Here is an easy cake for you.

Wackey cake

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla
2 TBSP. vinegar
2/3 cup salad oil
2 cups cold water

Sift dry ingredients into a 9"x13" cake pan. do not grease pan (shake to level)

make 3 holes in dry ingredients 1.small. 1. medium, 1. large.

put vanilla in small hole, vinegar in medium hole, salad oil in large hole.

Pour water over the whole thing and mix throughly with a fork.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 min. (top will spring back when touched if done)

cool in pan on wire rack.

Frost with your favorite icing

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would go and buy one from a shop ;-)

The one problem with most of the things in the shop is that that I can make them better and for much less money. The second problem is many don't prepare some of the things I like eating. For example I just made a honey and pine nut tart this morning. If anyone want the recipe, let me know!

Attachments

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
So, there's a small "parilla" on the corner several doors away from my building. I often stop and have an espresso. Yesterday I failed to eat lunch and when I came back from the physical therapist I stopped in for a pick-me-up. In my world, one cannot have too much caffeine. It is a rare moment when I decided I might try something sweet to eat. I asked to see their menu. I ordered a portion of húmito torta xoclolate (moist chocolate cake).

What they served up was a rather large slice of the most dense, very (as in almost too dark) dark chocolate that looked like a fallen cheese cake. But it definitely contained flour and was not a chocolate cheese cake. It was decorated with slivers of fresh strawberries and little drips of melted dark chocolate.

Now, I live in the land of tarte tatin, (le Provence does not have a legal franchise on that particular dessert). But this is the first time I've ever had anything so dense and -- for me -- appropriately dark enough for the chocolate to more than satisfy. I really enjoyed it. Ended up skipping dinner.

My question: What the Hell is that stuff? It's not a Betty Crocker mix with a box of J-ELLO pudding tossed in. It isn't the "mayonnaise" chocolate cake foisted upon my family by Aunt Vera. And it was cake even though it was only about an inch high and more like black refrigerated fudge with flour in it.

Anyone know how to make this thing (that weighs enough that it would probably break your foot if it fell on it)? :tongue:

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The one problem with most of the things in the shop is that that I can make them better and for much less money. The second problem is many don't prepare some of the things I like eating. For example I just made a honey and pine nut tart this morning. If anyone want the recipe, let me know!

The pic looks amazing! If you don't mind can you share the recipe?

So, there's a small "parilla" on the corner several doors away from my building. I often stop and have an espresso. Yesterday I failed to eat lunch and when I came back from the physical therapist I stopped in for a pick-me-up. In my world, one cannot have too much caffeine. It is a rare moment when I decided I might try something sweet to eat. I asked to see their menu. I ordered a portion of húmito torta xoclolate (moist chocolate cake).

What they served up was a rather large slice of the most dense, very (as in almost too dark) dark chocolate that looked like a fallen cheese cake. But it definitely contained flour and was not a chocolate cheese cake. It was decorated with slivers of fresh strawberries and little drips of melted dark chocolate.

Now, I live in the land of tarte tatin, (le Provence does not have a legal franchise on that particular dessert). But this is the first time I've ever had anything so dense and -- for me -- appropriately dark enough for the chocolate to more than satisfy. I really enjoyed it. Ended up skipping dinner.

My question: What the Hell is that stuff? It's not a Betty Crocker mix with a box of J-ELLO pudding tossed in. It isn't the "mayonnaise" chocolate cake foisted upon my family by Aunt Vera. And it was cake even though it was only about an inch high and more like black refrigerated fudge with flour in it.

Anyone know how to make this thing (that weighs enough that it would probably break your foot if it fell on it)? :tongue:
'

That sounds like a finger-lickin' good kinda cake man!

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I learned Wacky cake in order to have cake without egg in it. It works just fine with whole wheat flour too.

As to midlifebear's chocolate torta, that sounds like one of those trendy 'flourless' things that is leavened by folding in whipped egg whites, just barely. Locally it's known as 'death by chocolate' cake.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Honey and Pine Nut Tart
Sweet Tart Crust (Prepare the night before)
2 1/3 cup Swan Down Flour 1/3 cup sugar,1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking powder,freshly grated lemon zest (from 1 lemon) combine in a food processor or Kitchen Aid.
1 1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter cut into 1/4” cubes. Add to the dry ingerdients and pulse until until mixture is sandy and no visible clumps of butter.
In a small bowl whisk together 1 large egg and 1 large egg yolk (cold) 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1/4 cup heavy cream until the dough comes together, it may take a few drops of ice water
Work the dough into a ball and flatten into a disc and wrap in plastic and chill overnight.
On a floured board roll out the dough into an 11” circle and place into a tart pan with a removable bottom and put into the refrigerator to chill.
Meanwhile in a small sauce pan heat 2/3 cup honey, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp salt and 2 sticks of butter on med heat until it comes to a boil put this in a mixing bowl and let cool for 30 minutes. Then whisk in 1 large egg and 1 large egg yolk and 1/2 cup heavy cream.
Distribute 1 1/4 cup untoasted pine nuts over the pastry dough, pour the mixture over the pine nuts ( this mixture make a bit too much fill until nearly to the top and discard the rest)
Preheat the oven to 340 degrees, bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the both the crust and custard are med brown and the filling is still a little jiggly.
Allow the tart to cool until removing the sides of the pan, serve while warm or room temperature. The remaining should be kept in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Enjoy

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Will try it but the ingredients sound difficult. And I also don't have processor, does it apply to manual baking?

Do you have an electric mixer? If not a pastry cutter or two knives should do the trick. I have to admit if I did not have a KitchenAid stand mixer and a Cuisinart food processor I would not spend nearly as much time in the kitchen as I do now.

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Do you have an electric mixer? If not a pastry cutter or two knives should do the trick. I have to admit if I did not have a KitchenAid stand mixer and a Cuisinart food processor I would not spend nearly as much time in the kitchen as I do now.

Yes, I do, if that can do it, so it can help me then. I should get one of those... hmmm

ghb69

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Here is one that you might like.

Apple???? Pie

Ingredients:
8 cups zucchini peeled and sliced (remove seeds)
2/3 cup lemon juice
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon
Crumb Mixture:
4 cups flour
3 sticks oleo
½ tsp. Salt
2 cups sugar
Directions;
Mix all crumb ingredients until they form a crumbly mixture.
Combine zucchini, lemon juice and enough water to just cover cook until tender. Add sugar, cinnamon and ½ cup of crumb mixture. Simmer 1 or 2 more minutes.
While cooking zucchini, press ½ of the remaining crumb mixture into a 9x13 pan bake 10 min. in a 375 degree oven for 10 min.
Spread zucchini mixture over crust sprinkle the rest of crumb mixture over the top return to oven and bake 15 min. or until golden brown

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Chiffon Cake
All ingredients should be room temperature. Heat oven to 325 and use an ungreased 10" tube pan.
In a large bowl sift together all dry ingredients
2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour (or triple sift all purpose flour I use Hacker's If I can't find Swans Down flour)
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
In another bowl beat at high speed until smooth
5 large egg yolks
3/4 cup fresh orange or lemon juice (I prefer orange)
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I like Crisco oil)
two table spoons of either orange or lemon zest(I prefer orange)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix with the flour mixture until smooth.
In another bowl beat on medium speed until soft peaks form
8 large egg whites
1/2 teaspoon cream of tarter
Once soft peaks have formed gradually add 1/4 cup of sugar and beat until stiff but not dry.
Fold the egg white mixture into the batter mixture 1/4 at a time very carefully until blended evenly
Put the batter in the pan evenly and smooth the top.
Bake about 55 minutes until the top springs back to the touch and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Remove from oven and let cool upside down for 1 1/2 hours and then remove from the pan.
The icing is simple if you just want to cover the top and dribble the sides make a single batch if you want to ice the whole cake make a double batch.
1/2 stick of melted unsalted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1/8 teaspoon salt
Mix until smooth and cool, ice cake immediately. This cake should be refrigerated and will stay moist for about 5 days.
Enjoy!

Attachments

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Makes about 2 cups mascarpone frosting
1 cup heavy cream
8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature(For best results use as fresh as possible
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
Directions

With an electric mixer on medium speed, whisk heavy cream until stiff peaks form (be careful not to overbeat, or cream will be grainy). In another bowl, whisk together mascarpone and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gently fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture until completely incorporated. Use immediately.

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Makes about 2 cups mascarpone frosting
1 cup heavy cream
8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature(For best results use as fresh as possible
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
Directions

With an electric mixer on medium speed, whisk heavy cream until stiff peaks form (be careful not to overbeat, or cream will be grainy). In another bowl, whisk together mascarpone and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gently fold whipped cream into mascarpone mixture until completely incorporated. Use immediately.

Thank you! Sounds delicious!

ghb69

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
How about some cinnamon rolls.

Sweet Yeast Dough​

Dissolve: 3 pkg. dry yeast in 3 ½ cup warm water
Add: ¾ cup sugar, 3 tsp salt, ¾ cup shotening, and 3 eggs
Add: ¾ cup dried milk and 10-11 cup flour (mix well and knead until smooth)
Cover and let raise until doubled then punch down (do twice)
After second rising shape let rise again and bake
Cinnamon Rolls: sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon after buttering, Rollup, slice,
And place fairily close on cookie sheet bake 25-30 min @ 375degrees.
Glaze with powdered sugar and hot water mixed into a thin paste if desired

Stickie Rolls: make same but bake in muffin tin prepared with the following topping
Topping: ¾ cup oleo, 1 cup brown sugar, ¾ cup nuts, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 TBS corn syrup
1 TBS water. Combine and cook till butter melts Divide between 24-30 muffin cups.
Bake 12-15 min @ 375 degrees. Cool 1 min and then invert pan onto wax paper covered racks

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How about some cinnamon rolls.

Sweet Yeast Dough​

Dissolve: 3 pkg. dry yeast in 3 ½ cup warm water
Add: ¾ cup sugar, 3 tsp salt, ¾ cup shotening, and 3 eggs
Add: ¾ cup dried milk and 10-11 cup flour (mix well and knead until smooth)
Cover and let raise until doubled then punch down (do twice)
After second rising shape let rise again and bake
Cinnamon Rolls: sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon after buttering, Rollup, slice,
And place fairily close on cookie sheet bake 25-30 min @ 375degrees.
Glaze with powdered sugar and hot water mixed into a thin paste if desired

Stickie Rolls: make same but bake in muffin tin prepared with the following topping
Topping: ¾ cup oleo, 1 cup brown sugar, ¾ cup nuts, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 TBS corn syrup
1 TBS water. Combine and cook till butter melts Divide between 24-30 muffin cups.
Bake 12-15 min @ 375 degrees. Cool 1 min and then invert pan onto wax paper covered racks

OMG!! I love, love, love cinnamon rolls! Thank you for this! I'll definitely try this!