Sal Mineo and Bobby Sherman?

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
James Franco has the rights to his new biography that he wants to direct. Now, I am wondering who shall play Sal's part? Nobody ever looked like him at all. Anybody have a clue as to who can play his role at all?

Yeah curl and dye the biebs hair and brows. Doubt he could act the part though.

ChileCat

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

ChileCat

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, according to Jill Haworth, she reported about Sal and Bobby getting together constantly at their place(?), even during her relationship with Sal. I believe when Sal dated Jill, he began take notice of his own attraction to men.
Plato's Retreat | Spectator | The Advocate

"Haworth drops one of the book’s biggest bombshells—an affair she says Mineo had with ’60s teen idol Bobby Sherman."

That's a combo that I wish I could have seen. :tongue:

samhung

Sexy Member
Media
Reading up on sexual identification, orientation and attraction, you would find that thee literature demonstrates that sexuality is fluidic and highly dependent on so many factors that you couldn't possibly completely identify why one person is attracted to another or vice-versa. Time, place, circumstance, mood, etc. all play a role in sexual attraction. Sometimes it's just pure dumb luck (or pure dumb fuck), and sometimes it's far more complicated.

Everyone tends to put sexuality on some type of continuum from straight to gay, even though this is not really an accurate model. It always seemed to be more random than anything else, particularly in those men and women who do not fall into the small percentages who are strictly straight or strictly gay.

Reactions: Peacemusic

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
He must have been one hot man and easy to fall for. I bet plenty of tears fell the day of his death. I can't believe I know nothing of this beauty but have heard his name many times for so long. I still have not seen "rebel", but plan to soon.

LADave

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sal Mineo was bisexual. I believe most people are bisexual but most will not admit to it. Possibly some have not yet discovered a sexual interest in both sexes, or have not yet developed a sexual interest in both sexes. But a gay man just has not met the right woman, and a straight man just has not met the right man.
What a bunch of hooey. I don't believe most people are bisexual. The same way that being gay or lesbian is a small percentage of people, a bisexual is also a small percentage too. The not having met the right guy or girl idea is wishful thinking but not true. I'm gay. I've always been 100% gay and I've been gay for many years. Never had the slightest interest in girls and I never will. There isn't a right girl out there that will change me.

Reactions: peter6

titan1968

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm not. I loved him in every movie I've seen him in. He was brilliant as Plato in 'Rebel without a cause' -- a favourite of mine. The sexual tension
between Plato and Jim (James Dean) is palpable.

Recently, I've seen pictures of Cary Grant and Randolph Scott. I read somewhere they were a couple at one time. Whether they were or not gay isn't really important. Like Sal Mineo, they were incredibly talented actors and arrestingly handsome men, the likes of which Hollywood will never see again.

Must say i was really intrigued when it was mentioned Sal Mineo was Gay
Incredible youthful looking guy he was
Many a fantasy at the time
enz

The_Silesian

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Since we are talking about actors from the 1950s and 1960s, I'll add some information that is not related to the original discussion of Sal Mineo. Recently I was reading the autobiography of Christopher Plummer (this year's Best Actor Oscar winner). As he was describing his acting experiences of that time period, he included a comment that John Ireland was one of the "best endowed" actors of that time period. Naturally I was surprised but pleased that he included information about cock size among the actors.

This information came as a real shock to me since John Ireland was not one of the actors that I had jacked off thinking about. :)

she-dev63

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Since we are talking about actors from the 1950s and 1960s, I'll add some information that is not related to the original discussion of Sal Mineo. Recently I was reading the autobiography of Christopher Plummer (this year's Best Actor Oscar winner). As he was describing his acting experiences of that time period, he included a comment that John Ireland was one of the "best endowed" actors of that time period. Naturally I was surprised but pleased that he included information about cock size among the actors.

This information came as a real shock to me since John Ireland was not one of the actors that I had jacked off thinking about. :)

Interesting, considering the fact that Christopher Plummer is very well-endowed himself!

To stay on topic, here's a video clip that includes both Sal Mineo AND Christopher Plummer! Get a look at Plummer on the far right at 0:50-0:51!

Christopher Plummer Sal Mineo Natalie Wood Juliet Mills Malibu 1965 - YouTube

Reactions: Richie4you

Roch18k

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My major crush on Sal was while in grammar school, we had a special Christmas holiday movie in the school gym. The film was The Private War of Major Benson starring Charleton Heston. He was a military officer put in charge of a all male military school. Mineo was one of the cadets. Spent the entire film with my tongue hanging out of my mouth.

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
His body was crazy hot in The Gene Krupa Story. Such a sad story as to what became of him. Murdered. He definitely was a huge inspiration among a lot of young Italian actors after him. No doubt James Franco was very influenced by Sal's acting, even though James is a James Dean fan.

rickygNOLA

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
because i remember seeing an article about SM doing this shoot, i did a little searching and was able to find THIS hot pic of Sal in the shower. don't know if it's already posted on this thread or not. if it is, sorry for the repost. (scroll down after the jump)

Last edited: