Should I get circumcised?

barnabas

Just Browsing
Media
i was circumcised 16 years ago, but i had tightness problems and the skin would tear . when i would pee it burned like hell.glad i had it done.

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's a matter of preference. I like them cut but my husband is uncut and I still enjoy sex with him. :)
Penelope
To be more exact, it's a matter of your preference. endymionspilos, no-one else's. Reports from guys who got circumcised to please someone else are almost uniformly negative.

scanjock8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yet another amputee who's defensive.Important note: No scientific random versus control study has ever proved a link between foreskin and any STD.

Actually, I had no intention of conveying defensiveness or advocacy for the procedure, posting what I thought was simply interesting news on the topic.

I'm sorry if you understood otherwise before calling me an amputee.

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Now Fergusson et al. have responded to the post publication peer reviews (at Pediatrics -- P3Rs for Fergusson et al., 118 (5) 1971-1977)

with this astonishing retraction:

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Recent correspondence to the journal has highlighted the fact that our findings are not consistent with cross- sectional studies of the linkages between circumcision and the more common forms of STI (including Chlamydia, genital warts, genital herpes, gonorrhea, and non-specific urethral infections). Of particular relevance is a recent Australian survey of 10,000 male respondents (2), and the preliminary findings from the Dunedin study (3). These discrepancies with our findings are too large to be disregarded, and we are of the view that it would be premature to use our findings to promote the view that circumcision reduces risks of less severe forms of STI, until further research clarifying this issue is conducted.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]

But I wonder if this will get the headlines worldwide (and the rampant promotion of infant circumcision) that the original report got?
[/SIZE][/FONT]

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Now Fergusson et al. have responded to the post publication peer reviews (at
But I wonder if this will get the headlines worldwide (and the rampant promotion of infant circumcision) that the original report got?

It's amazing that so many studies show again and again being cut is not associated with lessened STD aquisition. They don't get any press however, it's only the studies, no matter how erroneous, that show a correlation that make it into the headlines. I don't know if this is a peculiarly American phenomenon but there certainly seems to be a big push to cut based on bad science.

I wonder how the circ fetishists will respond to this?

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's amazing that so many studies show again and again being cut is not associated with lessened STD aquisition. They don't get any press however, it's only the studies, no matter how erroneous, that show a correlation that make it into the headlines. I don't know if this is a peculiarly American phenomenon but there certainly seems to be a big push to cut based on bad science.

I wonder how the circ fetishists will respond to this?

chalk it up to the news media.....any reputable study, peer reviewed, will make it into the journals.....the reason its so controversial is bc neither side has produced an all-convincing groundbreaking argument.....put personal opinions aside and one can see fault with all the studies claiming either way

Yes there are studies that show there is no correlation. There are studies showing a correlation.....I think both sides bring up interesting points and warrants further research. Thats my opinion on it

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Do we need studies that suggest that evolution and natural selection are fatally flawed? The mammalian prepuce has been around for I don't know how many millions of years. This genital cutting compulsion has only been around western civilization for a couple hundred.

mister_y

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's an answer only you can answer. But keep in remind, their no way back. If you don't like the result, you have a problem.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do we need studies that suggest that evolution and natural selection are fatally flawed? The mammalian prepuce has been around for I don't know how many millions of years. This genital cutting compulsion has only been around western civilization for a couple hundred.

If evolution and natural selection were perfect there would be no reason for any study bc nothing would ever be wrong.....:rolleyes:

and youre missing the point of my post (yet again, as expected).....no study has confirmed either way.....dont twist my words

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
You keep trying to come up with parallels with genital cutting. We're talking about normal healthy people, not sick. Usually nothing is wrong. People just have other not so clear reasons to cut their genitals, usually those of their infant children.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You keep trying to come up with parallels with genital cutting. We're talking about normal healthy people, not sick. Usually nothing is wrong. People just have other not so clear reasons to cut their genitals, usually those of their infant children.

Do you read before you respond? I said neither "side" (since clearly there have to be sides) have produced a single study that is basically irrefutable. Dont twist those words at all. Read it again "neither side has produced a single study that is irrefutible".....got it

ok one more time just for fun

neither side has produced a single study that is irrefutible

Did you get it the last time? And its not a parallel, its fact. If evolution was 100% effective there would be no studies bc there would be no medical issues at all. Ok time for you to respond with something totally stupid which shows you dont even read responses.....ready set go

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As per usual, insulting and uninformative. Your manner discredits you.

What have I to say to that?

Where was the insult? Telling you to read it 3 times so you actually read what i wrote in the post? Uninformative bc i didnt agree with you? My manner is appropriate for someone who consistently misconstrues posts.

its completly up 2 u because im cut and the only reson y im cut is cuz wene i was 5 my gp riped my forskin so up 2 u but i would do enything to be uncut as i dnt no wot the exsprence is

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You should do what you want to do. If you feel you really want this, then you should do it. I wouldn't dream of getting cut, and would feel insulted if someone told me I should get cut just because they don't like it. This is the way you should feel also: If you want to, do it. If you are unsure about it, then you should wait awhile. Don't let others convince you one way or the other. It's your penis, so it's all about how you feel about the subject.