Shower vs. Grower?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Darpon, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Darpon

Darpon New Member

I find it odd how big everyone's dick is while soft. Of course most of the people are big anyway, and a lot bigger than I am, but still. It seems like most people here grow around 2 inches between soft and hard, going from 6" to 8", or something like that. Meanwhile, I grow like 4 or 5 inches, from 3" or less (I haven't measured it soft yet) to almost 7".

Am I the only grower here?

Secondly, what are the advantages/disadvantages of either of them? It seems like showers are better off; whenever a girl sees you soft, you're still a decent/large size, and you still expand a decent bit to get hard. Meanwhile, for a grower, our soft size is quite laughable. We can't really show off unless we're hard. I guess seeing how much we can expand is a big surprise, but considering all guys want to show off as much as possible, being tiny while flaccid isn't the best.

What do you guys think?

2. uncut1234

uncut1234 New Member

im a grower myself.. my dick is not much to look at when its truthfully 100% soft (most guys on here post pics of their dick in semi form and say its soft.. total bs) im only about 4 inches long soft... and almsot double in size when hard
    the only advantage of being a show'er would be for the first .02 seconds before it gets hard with a girl, or taking showers with guys... but anyone knows soft means nothing

3. lspg_joe

lspg_joe New Member

i am definitely a grower. when i get out of the shower i'm thinking to myself "how does it get that small?" but hard, im like 7 inches.

shower advantages: if you get pantsed by a "friend" in public, everyone will be like *gasp* look at the enormity of it...

if you get with a girl who likes to go fast (as in fast enougn that you dont have a hard on by the time your boxers come off) shell have the same reaction.

disadvantages: wearing tightish clothing, people may think you have a boner in public.

grower advantages: easier to hide a semi or about-to-occour hard on

disadvantages. opposite of shower advantages. :) yeah im lazy

trust me, being a shower is just fine, but there will always be a time u wish u weren't

4. ddazndd

ddazndd New Member

Ha, I'm going to take a wild guess and say,"no you are not the ONLY grower here."

It really doesn't matter unless someone likes to show off.

5. D_Jurgen Klitgaard

D_Jurgen Klitgaard Account Disabled

I think I am a shower, I go from about 5" soft to 7" hard.

6. snax

snax Member

Grower definitely. I go from ~4x2.5 to ~8x6. I would really prefer to be a shower.

7. Dorian_Gray

Gold Member

Albums:
    Grower here. Usually I'm about 3-4in completely flacid, to a little over 7in rock hard. I love being a grower. But then again, I also love to go commando in some b'ball shorts and theres not much to show if I don't at least have a semi. But most people like to watch growers get hard, 'cause its fun to see how much they grow.

8. B_superlarge

B_superlarge New Member

I don't know it. This link contains doctors' studies and has a chart that includes flaccid to erect amongst it's measurements.
    Blackwell Synergy - Cookie Absent
    On that chart notice that the 200 Turkish men had a combined averaged flaccid of 2.7" and upon erection 5.0". The largest flaccid on the chart is homosexual men at 4.1" and their overall erect size at 6.5".
    Here, from the lines in which there is a flaccid to erect comparison I'll put it all in order from shortest flaccid to longest flaccid:
    Flaccid-----------------------------------Erect
    2.7"--------------------------------------5.0"
    3.4"--------------------------------------5.7"
    3.5"--------------------------------------5.1"
    3.6"--------------------------------------5.6"
    3.8"--------------------------------------6.1"
    3.9"--------------------------------------6.1"
    4.1"--------------------------------------6.5"

At another site, Thundersplace, overall the 3" flaccids averaged out to 5.75" erect (grew 2.75") and the 5" flaccids averaged out to 7.25" erect (grew 2.25"). Thundersplace's penis size chart closely matches doctor studies, so it stands to reason that it's flaccid to erect database can pretty much be trusted to be accurate enough to trust the flaccid to erect correlation .

And at another site that contains photos along with the measurements: http://www.erectionphotos.com/softH...dGalleryP01.htm
    Flaccid Length--------Averaged Erect Length----------------Amount of increase in inches
    1.00-1.49---------------------4.71-------------------------------------+3.50
    1.5-1.99----------------------4.89-------------------------------------+3.14
    2.00-2.49---------------------4.88-------------------------------------+2.63
    2.50-2.99---------------------4.92-------------------------------------+2.17
    3.00-3.49---------------------6.07-------------------------------------+2.82
    3.50-3.99---------------------6.08-------------------------------------+2.33
    4.00-4.49---------------------6.69-------------------------------------+2.44
    4.50-4.99---------------------7.00-------------------------------------+2.25
    5.00-5.49---------------------7.35-------------------------------------+2.10
    5.50-5.99---------------------7.80-------------------------------------+2.05
    6.00-6.49---------------------na----------------------------------------na
    6.50-6.99---------------------9.00-------------------------------------+2.25

Generally speaking it does mean something. Not that my posts will change any minds. Of course it won't. Why is that?

So, in general, upon erection, do growers become as big as showers? No.
    Upon erection do growers tend to close the gap some. Yes, but not all that much.

9. D_Jurgen Klitgaard

It's accurate for me, dead on.

10. B_superlarge

B_superlarge New Member

Let me ask you something Mr. Hardcock. Did you already think that bigger penises 'tend' to wind up bigger when erect? It seems to me those who believe that in general everything equals out upon erection are not going to accept anything against their belief. It appears to be some sort of politically correct mental block. So either you already believed showers tend to end up bigger, or else you were on the fence about it. But even if you were on the fence I would bet that you already leaned toward believing showers tend to end up bigger?

11. D_Jurgen Klitgaard

No, I knew that you shouldn't go judging a book by it's cover, so to say. :rolleyes:

12. B_superlarge

B_superlarge New Member

There is no doubt that on an individual to individual basis one can't be sure. However, that does not mean an overall correlation can't exist. Make sense? In the flaccid to erect charts the correlation is actually rather strong.

13. D_yabbadabbadont

D_yabbadabbadont New Member

I'm a shower 5.5"x5" to 7.75"x6.5" Its fun to be able to go commando and really show it off sometimes. I've never been afraid of the showers either.

14. Darpon

Darpon New Member

Oh WOW I feel stupid. There's another topic EXACTLY like this. Sorry for posting it again.

In the meantime, that chart doesn't hold true for me. 3", probably less, when soft, and near 7" when hard.

15. B_superlarge

B_superlarge New Member

The charts are just an overall in general based on hundreds of sizes averaged together. Shows an overall correlation exists.

16. thereisalight

thereisalight New Member

I believe I'm the poster child for grower; it seems to be inverted when soft (so sad). I should have a shirt made that says "No, I didn't just get out of the pool."

Fortunately, it's a speedy grower.

17. Packdude

Packdude New Member

My own size bears out those figures. I'm about 4" soft (*if it's not cold*) and 6.5" hard. Going commando is great even though I'm not really a show-er -- big enough to notice but not so big as to cause alarm. Having a good size nutsack helps, though.

18. uncut1234

uncut1234 New Member

i go from 4-5 to a bit over 7 when hard,
    i think its best to be kind of inbetween , if you show too much, they expect alot, if you dont show enough, well , it just doesnt look as good swingin in the showers and stuff like that

19. uncut1234

uncut1234 New Member

why does some idiot ALWAYS have some chart or graph about any possible topic on penis size.. i mean what the fuck, they are all 100% useless and mean nothing...

20. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

So that other idiots will read,lol