Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I dont understand what you are doing when sounding, But I do think it looks very painful. Anybody care to let me in on this scary idea of fun. thanks

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dont understand what you are doing when sounding, But I do think it looks very painful. Anybody care to let me in on this scary idea of fun. thanks

Yeah, the eroticism or turn on of this is completely lost on me as well. :confused:

Cock-stuffing, or "sounding" as it is called in the S&M community, involves inserting smooth, long, and thin surgical steel rods called "sounds" (hence the name "sounding") into a man's urethra. The two most commonly used "sounds" are the Van Buren, which has a J-shaped curve on the end, and the Dittle, which is straight. Other objects, such as thermometers, may do the trick, but metal sounds are recommended because they are easier to clean and have no chance of breaking when in use. While a glass thermometer may be readily available, the risk of breaking (and leaking harmful mercury) makes this a risky option.

Sounders use lots of lube, so the "sound" can easily slide in on its own (gentle guidance may be necessary; pushing or forcing can cause tearing of the fragile tissue). If you encounter a constriction in the urethra that the "sound" will not pass through (most likely scar tissue), do not try to drive it through. More lube and a narrower sound may be more safe and successful.

Saliva isn't generally recommended as a lubricant because it dries quickly (as you may have discovered already). Also, sugars from the mouth can be found in saliva that may cause urinary tract infections (UTIs). Sugars also can be found in some types of lube, sometimes listed as glycerin in the list of ingredients. Ultimately, a water- or silicone-based, glycerin-free lube with a thin consistency will probably work best for "sounding." Silicone-based lubes are longer lasting, but water-based lubes may have a thinner consistency. However, some people find silicone-based lubes to be a bit harder to clean up. Men find what works by experimenting.
People enjoy using "sounds" for the pleasurable sensations felt while being inserted. They are also popular in the S&M community as a form of power exchange. Some of the curved "sounds" make getting an erection extremely difficult. If a penis starts to become erect, the person inserting the sound must wait until the erection subsides before continuing. Often sounds are locked into place so that a submissive partner cannot get an erection.

The main risks with "sounding" include tearing or cutting the urethra and infection. Anything inserted into the urethra is to be cleaned to reduce the chance of infection. Some discomfort may be felt later if the sound has stretched the urethra. If that happens, people use smaller "sounds." Some men also feel burning when urinating, due to irritation. If the feeling continues for an extended period of time, the urinary tract may have become infected. If this occurs, or if there is blood in the urine, the person needs to see a health care provider. For those who use sounds, being open and honest with the provider is vital, in order to discuss alternatives for avoiding infection if they plan to continue "sounding." Just because you "don't do it often" doesn't mean you needn't do it safely each time. Leave the thermometers, with the risk of broken glass and mercury poisoning, behind and invest in a "steel" sound. They can be found at some adult toy stores or online.

jelqer

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I have some experience with sounding and I can imagine that you think it looks painful. To my experience it isn't painful at all. When I first heard of sounding on the internet and saw some pictures I decided to just try it. It's not very difficult, just stick a smooth metal rod (preferably a sound) without any sharp edges into your urethra. But be careful. The thing should be very clean (best to clean it with alcohol) and you may not push it in. You should just let gravity do its work.

bighosenow

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have a male nurse friend that introduced me to sounding. It was a incredible experience. He gently inserted a stainless steel sound with plenty of KY into my dick. Then he took a small vibrator and touched it to the exposed end of he sound. The sensation amazing. My dick got rock hard. He played with the vibrator for about 10 minutes then pulled the sound out and told me to jack it off. The first load shot accross the room and landed on the TV screen. Jon said that was because the sound opens the urethra so the cum gets a good launch. I was hooked after that.

happywand

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

JaimeB

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
if your prick is very hard and you use lots of lube, it's like jerking off from the inside of your urethra. u can cum around the sound, or let your jizm push the sound out of your dick. cumming with a steel rod deep in your cock is quite a feeling! great pics in the post above, btw