Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Does anyone else seem to split the condom on a regular basis?

Sounds stupid, but i'm sure i'm putting it on right...but i've split 3 of the last 6 times I think. Any ideas what's causing it? I get larger ones from TheyFit.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

RubberHarley

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I find to reduce this problem that when I take the condom out of the package, I put 3 or 4 drops of lube inside the condom and then roll it onto my erection. I find that this removes the friction inside of the condom, which I believe causes the splitting. Of course lube on the outside lessons the problem also. Rubber up!

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I find to reduce this problem that when I take the condom out of the package, I put 3 or 4 drops of lube inside the condom and then roll it onto my erection. I find that this removes the friction inside of the condom, which I believe causes the splitting. Of course lube on the outside lessons the problem also. Rubber up!
For "members" of LPSG, lube is your friend!

D

deleted687523

For me it was my girth that was the issue. I used to split a lot of condoms when I first started using them, no matter the brand, and regular condoms were always a very tight squeeze to fit in. It wasn't until I switched to magnums and wider condoms that the problem was resolved.

Reactions: Guruburu

bkbll2010

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

This has helped me as well

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The only time I ever broke a condom was when I put two on (it seemed like a good idea at the time). I, too, put a drop of lube inside, and a lot of lube on the outside.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Great advice. Condoms are tough, so breakage really only happens from misuse. (Seriously, I've seen people wrap regular-size condoms around watermelons with no breakage, just to demonstrate how sturdy they are.) Since condoms are meant to be used in slippery environments, helping them along with a little lube (anything but oil-based, which will deteriorate the condom) is a great idea.

Reactions: Guruburu

temptotalk

Legendary Member
Media
I've heard of going dutch but on a condom? You must be very cheap. No, i've done it. Only with cheap condoms that were too small. Other than that i'm guessing user error. Pull an roll.

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I agree - user error or using an oil-based live with a latex condom (which is also a user error, isn't it).

There is no way that a properly placed and used condom should break; even the smallest condom on the largest cock should survive a royal fucking intact.