Steam Club - London sauna

tominatlanta

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As I mentioned about two months ago, I'll be in London Sept 10-21. As I'm over 50, I don't really expect anybody to shriek with excitement.:frown1:
I will probably try the Docklands - I wonder about Sundays?

tom

jerkitout

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Never knew this place existed! Are massages included in entry price?
Think I might check it out this weekend :)

xenon-naturist

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't know if I could exchange massages in a room full of guys because I know I'd get hard and it might cause offence but I love being in a naked environment

It probably would - it's not exactly homophobic but it is straight and i have seen people asked to leave when things got out of hand - or perhaps a little too much in hand!

Been reading about the New Docklands Steam Club online.

Seems very authentic, gritty, 'east end', and non-gay. A lot like New York's Russian & Turkish baths.

But from a couple of reviews I read, sounds as if the men there like to "give and receive"..... massages.

Do complete strangers really swap buck-ass naked massages with one another? Sounds awesome.

Anyone ever been and have any experiences there?

Anyone into checking it out?
might have a go next time im that way:smile:

bearvwe

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Seems like it would be kind of frustrating if its all "look but don't touch", especially when London is full of gay saunas where touching is almost obligatory.

Chariots in Shoreditch is still going strong - full of guys of all ages, shapes and colours.

DavidDevear

Experimental Member
Media
Was there last night. It is not smart but is friendly. All sorts of guys and almost all naked, taxi drivers to architects oldest was 70 youngest 20 ish, black, white, 6 hassidic Jews came very nice (changed my perceptions) young muscled Russians with leaves to beat each other with! All in all a cosmopolitan experience. Gave and received a couple of massages very non pressured unlike Sweat Box or Chariots. I was worried about getting a hard on but everyone does when massaged just don't flaunt it lots of steam so not too obvious except to masseur!

I will go again but will take citrus fruit as it
Left for all to share by regulars.

Great place not overtly sexual.

Last edited:

DavidDevear

Experimental Member
Media
Going for the Second Time on Tuesday 10th such a nice crowd.

Not the pressure of Sweatbox but still a subtly erotic with the opportunity to exchange massage.

Would love some moral support - Join me.

David

D_ytfvigi

Just Browsing
Media
Wow. Never heard of this place. Was going to go to the Porchester but this looks better. What do I need to take with me? Bit of a novice so grateful for advice. Thanks.

rufus-scot

Experimental Member
Media
Hi David - how was it? Sorry I couldn't join you. Did it live up to repeat expectations?

StevieC9 - a towel, and a willingness to be massaged by strangers is all you need. And if you want to give as well as receive, maybe take your own oil.

DavidDevear

Experimental Member
Media
Well after a drink with a fellow LPSG member we decided on Pleasure Dome in Waterloo. Rationale being we were going together and I felt the gritty and Str8 newdocklands environment did not suit and Sweatbox was too overtly sexual for my companions first male sauna experience. All went well the modern clean environment and large range of clietelle made for a great and fully satisfying evening. In my case three times satisfied thanks to a great 26 year old I met! Thanks mate!

Lots of guys there on a Tuesday i was there from 4 to 8 PM but never too crowded.

Great for those who like to watch and be watched

hungbilad22

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I'm thinking of going here next Sunday - I feel like I've had enough of the gay sauna experience now and I just want to enjoy the sauna and the steam without it leading to anything else. However as this is a straight sauna I wouldn't mind a bit of moral support from another guy in a similar situation. Anyway if anyone fancies it give me a shout.

englishmale

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i went on Thursday afternoon and enjoyed it. The building is a bit shabby and it is in an industrial wasteland, but that should nt put anyone off going.

I found the non sexual atmosphere really refreshing, the nudity is purely functional and it was nice to see everyone being so relaxed about being naked.

When i was there every one including young men were naked, i'd be interested in knowing from other LPSG members how standard this is given young men's concerns about being naked.

As others have said it is important when gay men go we do nt eroticise the experience. The men only night in Harrogate turkish baths has been cancelled due to inappropiate behaviour, its important we do nt let the same thing happen to the docklands steam club.

gingertom

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
hi daviddevear...if its the 9th or 10th of January this year you were referring to, i was there on the 10th!!!! did we massage each other????? ;-)

gingertom

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
great, but it always is.... just working out when i can go again. have you been yet?

xenon-naturist

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As others have said it is important when gay men go we do nt eroticise the experience. The men only night in Harrogate turkish baths has been cancelled due to inappropiate behaviour, its important we do nt let the same thing happen to the docklands steam club.

The mens session will not be cancelled here as it is men only 5 days out of 7 and it is run by the regulars but they are getting far "better" at kicking out guys they catch misbehaving. This is a great place to go to relax and be naked - but it is crucial that the massage is non sexual and the relaxed atmosphere maintained, for everyone.

englishmale

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
the men only session at harrogate has been cancelled, i appreciate that the steam club has mne only sessions, but i was using harrogate turkish baths as an example of what can happen when gay men abuse situations