Steam room rules?

bobkay26

1st Like
Media
I agree some are more comfortable after they see what everyone else is doing. I always get naked in sauna. As long as i comfortable ...who cares?

thad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
When I go into the sauna (or steam room) at my gym, I sit on my towel and the only thing I am wearing is my St. Christopher's medal (I never take it off ever ever, even though I'm not even Catholic), but that is another topic for another time.

Also I am not hung like most everyone else on this forum so I am surely not intending to show off my junk (well maybe a little LOL).

I am here to tell you St Christopher gets heated up real quick in a sauna.

But it's all good as they say.

Last edited:

limeyx100

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm a YMCA member and find there are differences even between different branches. I live in Greenville SC and attended the old Cleveland Street branch for years. The practice there was nude just about everywhere, in the sauna, steam room, showers etc I never saw anyone wear swim suits. It was 18 and over in this area unless someone had their sons with them, on the odd occasion that I saw sons with their Dad's they were also nude. Guys would wander around the lockers nude, dry their hair at the sinks nude etc.
They closed this location to remodel it (basically rebuild it) so I had to attend a different branch for about a year, I chose the nearby Spartanburg branch, what a difference here! The first time I attended I used the steam room, as usual I walked from the lockers nude with my towel in hand only to find most guys wearing swimsuits or wrapped tightly in towels. After going into the jacuzzi nude I was even cautioned by one member that I was supposed to be wearing something. I find in unnatural to wear clothes in sauna, steam room or jacuzzi so when I was leaving I went to the office and asked what the rules were. The guy told me that it was whatever each member felt comfortable with and no towel was fine as far as the Y was concerned. I didn't go back and found another Y where the members weren't as uptight.

carter2006

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow! This is a long thread!

Personally I really have no issues with what people choose to wear. Personally if it's a unisex I will wear a pair of shorts, but if it's male-only I will go in naked, with a towel that's big enough to sit on, and if I feel the need to cover up (e.g. if I'm getting unwanted attention) I can drape it over my cock and balls.

There are two things that really wind me up about guys in steam rooms and saunas:

Firstly, it's the guys who do not sit on a towel, they just plonk their bare ass on the seat. I'm sure they're clean enough but I do think it's a bit discourteous and I know for a fact that a lot of guys are pretty gross when it comes to personal hygiene!

Secondly, and this one proves my point about personal hygiene, is the guys who use the same sweaty towel they brought into the sauna to dry off after their shower. Now that is grim!

I love people watching, and sometimes I don't care if the guy is hot as hell or perfectly hung, if he can't exercise some simple personal hygiene I find it disgusting.

For years I belonged to a gym in a first class hotel which catered to many people from around the world. Bill Clinton visited it for manages on local visits. We felt free to go naked while in the locker room, in fact to get to the wet area from the lockers one would walk down a long hall, past the entrance and pick up your towel just as you entered the shower area. Most of the men used the towel only to sit on or to dry themselves. We got to know a group of locals some of whom, my wife and I and they an their wives became good friends. One day I entered the locker room to see, standing just inside the door, a naked man looking lost. I recognized his face and said "Senator, can I help you?" He was looking for the towels. As the Senator was once married to Elizabeth Taylor, who, in movies, I was in love with since we were children, I couldn't help but look, and now with satisfaction felt that he had nothing on me and I feel much better.

cjj2k

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I wouldn't even use a steam room... I sweat unrealisticly,, at most, id shower.

fcviewer

Admired Member
Media
I agree. Nude, naked, no clothing in sauna, steam room and hot tubs. Sit or lie on a towel. If you don't want your junk "out there" simply loosely drap the towel over one thigh and cover your cock and balls.

But two rules absolutely have to be followed - NO EXCEPTIONS
1. Take a shower beforehand. It's gross that guys workout and come straight in without showering

2. No wearing underwear. Modest people who don't want to go naked and don't have a swimsuit are disgusting. Think about it; do you think their underwear is clean!

And those who have not showered and wear underwear... should be outed and banned!

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
At my YMCA 99% of the guys there don't wear anything in the sauna

We go in wearing a towel then the towel comes off

As it should be... Nude is natural, and in saunas we are there to sweat it out, (not hide out), and, also possibly have some fun, when the 'company' in them is agreeable.

A/B

Reactions: parchissi

Dutchstud

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Here in Europe, both in the West as well the East (Russia) male nudity is no issue. Ethnic newcomers with an Islamic background may feel uncomfortable and keep their underwear on, which leads to non-understanding between the eh... Euros and the "newcomers".

Reactions: easytwist

AdamFin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
In steam rooms and saunas if they are single sex you should be naked. I confess I've been in some and was the only naked and sane guy. Mostly guys really do get it -- hot sweaty and steamy does not mix well with clothing,

lovin_california

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I walk in with a towel, and if there are other people there, depending on the situation, I'll leave it on or take it off. I don't have a problem going nude, but I don't want to make other guys feel uncomfortable as well.

Easytwist I'd love to walk in and see you naked. ;)

Reactions: easytwist

raquetball1980

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I've seen men stand in the steam room naked and without towels, so it does happen, but most guys it seems sit on a towel or have a towel wrapped around their waist. I would stand in the steam room nude but I dislike attracting too much unwanted attention.

nicecircjob

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My YMCA requires shorts or swim suit be worn in all areas except showers of course. It didn't used to be this way. Two guys were caught misbehaving in the dry sauna is what I heard. A few months ago the shower stalls had curtins added to the front of the stalls. But after an absence I noticed the curtins had been removed from the front of the stalls. Several years ago there weren't any partitions between the showers, an open shower room.
I usually go to the hot tub nude. I was sitting in the steam room nude and this guy who was in when i walked in and sat down, reminded me I needed to be wearing shorts or a swim suit. So i got up and went back to the showers.
There is a sign in the wet area that states you must shower before using the steam, sauna or hot tub. The sign states that it's a state law.