Straight Guy's and Speedo's

D_Birdy_Swallows

Account Disabled
Media
I have always thought they look funny on others but thats just me. I wouldnt wear them Maybe due to insecurities? not sure but I bet they are more comfy than shorts and if thats what someone else wants to wear have at it. I'm curious what the womens opinions would be on men wearing them at the beach.

Sorry, not a guy, but I wanted to address this. I don't think it's sexual repression at work here. It's just that not many guys look good in a Speedo. Long lean swimmers. Michael Phelps. Anyone else and it's just not a flattering look.

Mr 9r

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Mr 9r,

I'm glad you wear speedos, but what's this 'family' thing?

Perhaps I'm being a bit 'european' about this but surely we've all got genitals? Women wear bikinis which clearly show breasts, why is it a problem for a bloke to wear a speedo which shows he has a dick? I mean, big deal.

Again it depends on the situation:
Holiday Inn pool in Des Moines Iowa= very conservative speedo style
The W pool in SouthBeach=Bare as much as you dare,

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For practical reasons, "speedos", and their squarecut trunk cousins, are the most practical thing I can think of for swimming.

But, for some reason, when Yanks go to the beach, they don't go there to swim. Then it's about fashion, and maybe also having pockets in which to store your car keys and a Ziploc holding your phone and wallet.

I'd rock whatever local fashion dictates.

Sundbuns

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's nothing or a bikini. I skinny dip more often, so wearing a bikini is quite a bit of cover-up for me. I've found some with a pouch in front that doesn't squeeze me so badly. My favorite doesn't have a liner - talk about a "head-line" (I'm cut)!

Clownlies8

Legendary Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
When I was younger, it was always shorts when swimming. Now as a man, who doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks, I wear my speedo type briefs. I have never bought briefs, nor do I know where they are sold. Certainly they are sold in many places, but my briefs work all in the same. You know those briefs of various color without the opening in the front? No one has ever commented on them, so I assume they believe I am wearing speedos.

Keep in mind, with a fairly thin build and minimally protruding stomach, I don't feel people will be disgusted. For the most part I am not appealing to women either, but I lost that concern when I said my vows. I would like to be appealing, sure, but no longer need to be. Right?

LeftCoast

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wrong, Clownlies8. I assume when you mention vows you are talking about wedding vows. Your wife deserves to have an appealing husband. Guys are constantly complaining that their wives lose interest in sex. Keep her interested!

rjp1346

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Got into speedos in Jr. High, required for PE swin class, haven't changed view since then, spent many years in Europe and everyone wears speedos, just an American thing, men
are afraid to show what they have or don't have. You have to do what is comfortable for
you and not let "SOCIETY" dictate what you do and what you wear. Don't think I will change
and wear anything other than speedos.

Aussie84

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wear them for swimming laps at the pool but will wear boardshorts in a social beach trip.
I would honestly feel out of place in boardshorts at the pool as everyone else is wearing speedo style swim suit

8barblues

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's not about showing what I do or don't have....I would rather walk around the beach nude. I just don't care for the look of a speedo. However I would wear them in the pool, if I were an avid swimmer. Much the same as I wear cycling shorts to ride, but wouldn't wear them doing anything else.

ronjon46

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think it is very important to have a physique that allows brief swim wear. As we age it is harder to keep the love handles and belly in place. I see the problem as one in which some men are grossly out of shape and wear brief swimsuits. I think that is a real turn-off for a majority of people both men and women.

I've been on cruises and at beaches wherein guys who make no attempt to keep fit wear Speedo style swim suits. I presume the anonymity of the venues tempt them. It gives those of us who work hard to stay in shape and enjoy wearing Speedos a bad reputation.

Blokes started wearing speedos in Aus eons ago. Having worn them, growing up with them. Seeing myself and others at the beach and pools, becoming older.... speedos creeping up arse cracks, their cocks leaking through the flimsy material after urinating and women pointing and giggling at leaky cocks and hairy arse cheeks.

I decided to give them a miss and go with the board shorts. No, I don't have a hairy arse or leaky cock............:)

Speedos, I prefer their Bonds undies.

Nice avvy, Vibes! I have a cyberman on facebook. ;)

And I also steer clear of the speedos. Seeing a skinny, middle-aged man in stripy speedos, tackling an obstacle course was enough to put me off for life (and I don't mean me, bastards!).

Board shorts are more chilled and forgiving.

Reactions: ronin001

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Swim shorts are easy.

Speedos need a pretty decent physique. They also need to fit! Square cut trunks are the compromise.

There's also a speedo colour issue. Black or navy are functional, but a lot are bright blue or red, which basically say "look at me". There's also a UK firm producing them in white. The white ones do stay opaque when they are wet, but it takes a confident guy to wear them.

D

deleted356736

Speedos (an Australilan invention) are necessary if you are swimming long distances, like when i swim 10,000 metres. Any swimmers other than briefs will drag you in the water. That's why I wear them at the pool, and I do have the physique to go with them, courtesy of keeping fit through regular, long-destance swimmng.

There are many men who ought not wear them under any circumstances, because they have let themselves go. Two-thirds of Australian men are overweight or obese, so that rules that lot out for a start.

12barblues has it right; wear them at the pool for swimming but nowhere else.

Swim shorts are easy.

Speedos need a pretty decent physique. They also need to fit! Square cut trunks are the compromise.

There's also a speedo colour issue. Black or navy are functional, but a lot are bright blue or red, which basically say "look at me". There's also a UK firm producing them in white. The white ones do stay opaque when they are wet, but it takes a confident guy to wear them.
Navy patterned works for me. Looks ok, and is quite classy/low-key. :)

Wear speedos for laps at the gym and my backyard pool. Fence is too low to swim nude. For the beach, it depends on where I'm going and who I am with. Went to Atlantis 2 years ago with wife and wore only speedos for water activities. While in the minority at the pool and beach, there were quite a few others. Even saw several in addition to myself in fast food lines by the pool. Didn't see anyone else on the water slides.