ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Me, I am going to see New York as a tourist for a week or so and not as a daily commuter. Hope to spend some time with family in other states for a week or so. Nothing extra special but it beats being at work

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Went to Cannes, France for one week in early May. Spent two and a half weeks in Florida with the US branch of the family early June. I may go to B.C. for a couple weeks in August. In October there is a plan to go to the Barber vintage motorcycle races and museum in Alabama.

I need something to do in September... Maybe I should work?

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Believe it or not, I managed to get hubby away for an entire week! We're leaving first thing in the morning to go sailing. We won't leave the boat for the entire week. Hoping the Atlantic stays calm with no storms. We're supposed to be close to shore just in case.

I've never done this before, so any pointers before tomorrow would be helpful! I know packing is minimal.

And there will be a crew on board, so we're not getting mad, crazy, nekkid, pokey-poke on deck. Nobody getting mad. ;)

Betty_Cocker

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Me, I am going to see New York as a tourist for a week or so and not as a daily commuter. Hope to spend some time with family in other states for a week or so. Nothing extra special but it beats being at work

I think that's great. I am sure there are sights you have passed without having the time to fully enjoy them. Since I've been a visitor in your city, perhaps I can be your tour guide ;)

We just returned from our vacation. Took a week around our anniversary and drove over to Savannah GA (neither of us had been) and then a few days up the coast to spend at Hilton Head Island. Here are a few pics.

We are planning to spend a lot of time in our backyard in the pool this year. We did a huge amount of travel last year.. and, yes, we still have to work to do around the house.

DSC_3810.JPG
DSC_3954.JPG

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Never a dull moment in the life of Betty . Good to see you have already had your big summer adventure; and I like your idea of spending time enjoying your house that you work so hard to make into a lovely home. .

MsImperfect

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Does working count? *lol*

I just had 5 days off and I went to my teenager's college grad and spent some time with my mom and stepdad

I have 5 days off next week and I'm not really doing anything. We'll have Pioneer Days going on so I may check out the parade, pioneer pubs and live bands

Reactions: ronin001

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Does working count? *lol*

I just had 5 days off and I went to my teenager's college grad and spent some time with my mom and stepdad

I have 5 days off next week and I'm not really doing anything. We'll have Pioneer Days going on so I may check out the parade, pioneer pubs and live bands

Well two ( 5) day vacations off from work sound great Msi, There is an old American saying any day you are not at work is a good day. What ever you do I am sure you will have fun

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Believe it or not, I managed to get hubby away for an entire week! We're leaving first thing in the morning to go sailing. We won't leave the boat for the entire week. Hoping the Atlantic stays calm with no storms. We're supposed to be close to shore just in case.

I've never done this before, so any pointers before tomorrow would be helpful! I know packing is minimal.
Too late for advice, but packing light, keeping your eyes on the horizon if it gets rough. Depending on the humidity, everything you own will seem damp. Wow, I don't want to sound like Debbie Downer!
Enjoy the sun, the wind in your hair, the smell of ocean breezes!

And there will be a crew on board, so we're not getting mad, crazy, nekkid, pokey-poke on deck. Nobody getting mad. ;)
Darn!
<putting my long range telephoto lens away> ;)

As for my own vacation plans .. going to the Cape, along with 4-6 million! of our fellow New Englanders!
http://www.capelinks.com/cape-cod/main/entry/how-many-tourists-visit-cape-cod-each-year/

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm burnt and beat. And Lapdog, you were right. Everything is wet. But it dried out quickly until the rains came. We had to come into port more times than we anticipated.

paintergal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm involved with the ArtWalk this summer. Will be selling my gear paintings. I am hoping to plan a trip to my parents, as well as a camp trip with the fella I really like.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm involved with the ArtWalk this summer. Will be selling my gear paintings. I am hoping to plan a trip to my parents, as well as a camp trip with the fella I really like.

Sounds like fun, Lets hope a few people have an eye for art and buy some of your work

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay