Swimming Trunks.

OhWhy265

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I never had a bulge before this year for some odd reason. I'm not sure if it's because I've started wearing boxers instead of briefs and gravity has done its work, or some other reason.

But I'm going swimming with some friends, and I've noticed that my penis is HIGHLY visible in trunks, and that's when they're dry.

Anyone else had similar issues? Friends' reactions?

Cardinal

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
yep. I can never just wear swim trunks - the liner is basically useless. I wear these trunks that are like underwear by bodyglove underneath a regular pair of trunks or board shorts. they hold me in tight and are quick-drying, and I choose dark colors. I flop around like crazy if I don't wear them and it's absolutely obscene if I wanna play a game of frisbee or toss around a football. I don't really like attracting attention at a public beach with little kids around and such - not the kind of stares I want. If I know I'm gonna be chillin' out on the blanket I might take the outer trunks off to dry both layers faster and then put them back on to walk around. If I'm going somewhere more private with friends then I sometimes just wear the tight underlayer cuz I still like the support but don't care as much if I show. Also depends if it's a night beach trip or during the day and how close of friends we all are and whether or not I want to dress to impress :)

but the bodyglove stuff rules, you should check em' out.

ehh i have that happen in most of my shorts actually...luckly its not real vistable but if sum1 looks you can def tell...

unfortunantly but thats part of why i wear a little tighter underwear (breifs i belive)

maybe you wear sumthing under your shorts to maybe keep ur package held down as suggested above

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Everytime I wear trunks I have a bulge. I think it is just anytime I wear soft material shorts without underwear I get a bulge. Well when I wear underwear underneath I still have one but not as noticeable as when I don't.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i always wear a speedo under swim trunks, this serves multiple purpouses:

Looks hot
keeps things in place
give another option if I really want to tan or go for a real swim.

Keeps things from showing in light boarshorts/swimtrunks that are partially see thru

speedos dry faster than just regular underwear or boxers.
(its weird to me that so many guys wear just regular briefs or boxers
under swim trunks, don't think it would be comfortable at all).

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I have tried the Underarmour boxer jock and didn't care for it. I think that a regular jock works better, but I always feel pretentious wearing a jock to the gym since I'm not a hardcore lifter. Lately I've been wearing plain old tight briefs.

My main worry is squishing the boys during barbell shrugs or exposing myself when doing bench presses or on the hack machine. I'm sure some guys get off on letting somethign fall out, but I'm far too modest.

DonaldDoe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't give a toss about people seeing my equipment if I regard it as being legal and safe to do so. The last thing you want however is being thrown out of a gym, or get interests from the wrong type of people. I don't know what I'd say if some other male came up to me wanting to suck on my cock.

gq4real

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't mind showing a bulge and I think if you have it, why not show it. BUT I am a little uncomfortable showing "too much" bulge, if there is a sort of thing.?.?.?

budbugger

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
where i was raised, back in the day, it was expected that all us guys would do our best to show off what we had. there wasn't that much emphasis on fashion and we'd usually cut off our old levis. we use to get looks from everyone, some wouldn't even look away. that was cool i thought.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I never had a bulge before this year for some odd reason. I'm not sure if it's because I've started wearing boxers instead of briefs and gravity has done its work, A distinct possibility - I've had the same result from switching to boxers. Nothing ever showed before, but now I have a cute little friend on the right side of my fly.
But I'm going swimming with some friends, and I've noticed that my penis is HIGHLY visible in trunks, and that's when they're dry. Lucky you! It sucks to wear layers of shorts when you go swimming. One should be sufficient. It's okay if your stuff is visible. If your friends have never seen you in a swimsuit, they will admire you in a new way. Relax! - Look at what the ladies are wearing!

Anyone else had similar issues? Friends' reactions?
None of my friends have noticed or said anything, but I don't wear tight pants or shorts. They are fitted - not too snug, yet not at all loose.

We have to be comfortable in our own skin. Be proud that you're a guy!

Goose_Eggs

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
like my grandad said to my grandmother when I was about 12 (she had made a comment about my dick showing through dress pants) "honey, the boy simply has a large pecker, what do you expect him to do? he's got to put it somewhere"

There is a fine line between showing off and being vulgar. However I think some guys seem to want to look like they don't have anything in their pants...... I don't get it. Kind of like a woman with a DD cup trying to look like an A cup -- it just ain't going to work, lol. We're all built a little different, enjoy it.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
However I think some guys seem to want to look like they don't have anything in their pants...... I don't get it.

I don't get that either. If women can show off their boobs, (which emphasizes that they're definitely female) why can't guys show off their stuff? (which emphasizes that they're definitely male)

I'd get that kind of reaction from my mom every so often and still do. She said I "showed" too much. The conversations always went something like this:

Mom: You need to go put on something else. You're showing too much.
Me: <rolls eyes> No, I'm not. (wearing perfect fitting Levi's 501's)
Mom: Go put on some slacks or really loose jeans or something.
Me: It's summertime, it's hot, I'm gonna be out riding the bike, turning a wrench, or swimming. No way. I show through really loose jeans anyway.
Mom: But people will see your...............(gestures towards my crotch)
Me: People see your boobs. So what? You show them off. (she'd had a boob job done) Why can't I show off what I got? I'm not gonna go out and get a Goodyear blimp to wear. What I'm wearing is not vulgar or obscene, it's acceptable attire. You know, I could always go get a white t-shirt with big, black letters on it that says "Don't look down here" with a big arrow pointing down to my crotch.
Mom: (storms off exasperated) Honey, do something!!
Dad: (rolls in the floor laughing)

Anybody else had this same experience?

I think guys should show off what they have like women show off what they have.

Dunas

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have to wear boardshorts, Any tight and i normally end up flashing innocent bystanders. When i was in Jr high, I had trouble when it came to speedos and girls in water......yeah

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've never seen this. Is this to prevent a VPL?

I'm not really sure if thats why they do it or not, but I really doubt that is what is on the minds of the guys that wear boxers or briefs under their swimtrunks, I think it has more to do with social conservativeness than it does them trying to prevent vpl..