The Gospel According to Santorum

Discussion in 'Politics' started by b.c., Feb 19, 2012.

1. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Is it just me, or does this guy strike anyone else as being several cards shy of a "full deck"?

First Read - Santorum: Obama believes in 'phony theology' not based on Bible

Said Santorum,

“[O]bviously, he is now forcing people to do things that he believes that they have the right, that they should do.The Catholic church has a Theology that says this is wrong, and he’s saying no I’ve got a different, I’ve got a different -- you may want to call it a theology, you may want to call it secular values, whatever you want to call it, it’s a different moral values. And the president of the United States is exercising his values and trumping the values of the church. If you don’t want to call it a theology, I’m fine..."

What the fuuuuuu??????? :confused:

I don't know what scarier. The shit that comes out of this guy's mouth or the fact that he has a significant following...

...which on second thought, might be a good thing.

Run, Santorum, run.

2. houtx48

Gold Member

All the news services are just fucking with us, trying to say this nutbag has a chance in hell being the candidate. He is not getting less strange as the campaign goes on.

3. Q Vee

Q Vee New Member

Albums:
    It is not you.
    And it is much scarier to me that, in 2012 someone with this vitriol can be a viable potential Presidential Candidate with significant following and funding. Want to know what America will be like with full Republican government control? Virginia. We now have our first State with government sanctioned/legal invasive, vaginal, rape of women for no good reason other than a group of influential, white, males believe abortion is not a woman's natural right to privacy. The same guys who gin up their base about health care coverage for birth control but do not blink about covering erectile dysfunction medication.

The inside (frightening) joke is that everything these GUYS are saying President Obama wants (as if he was an autonomous ruler) is really what they will be purporting on the rest of us, while lying, laughing and living it up all the way to the bank; with our tax dollars (as they use tax law to avoid paying their taxes).

How ironic that the election of the first African-American President, which was heralded as "proof" of a post-racial America, has set off a firestorm and increase of the most anti-civil rights actions this country has seen since Jim Crow:
    Contraception; Abortion; Voter Suppression; Worker's Rights; Immigration, Gay Rights, Education, Clean Environment, etc.

The opposing party would rather see this country a civil/cultural/social wasteland, then to see President Obama in a second term. Pathetic.

Here is another thought for (especially women) supporters of this drivel. If Sarah Palin had (and she basically has) campaigned like Santorum, she would have gotten no where (as she really has). "Things that make you go hmmm?" And do not go blaming the blah, blah, blah media. They are not the ones with the deep, supportive pockets.

If they can literally get inside access to pregnant women, what makes you think they won't get inside of you (unless you can afford the opt-out plan)?

LIBERAL AND PROUD.

End Rant (for now...)

4. Mensch1351

Gold Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    ................and very well put! How ironic that while the Reps "say" they wanted limited government intervention, they are the party that always seems to want a Constitutional Amendment for something or a change of laws restricting individual rights! Someday, someone is going to find a way to merge Ron Paul's basic message with a more sane approach to social issues!

5. houtx48

Gold Member

OOOh now he was talking about Obama's worldview not religion. I'm hoping the media is just fucking with Santorum making him think he has a chance and the pulling the rug out from under him when he least's expects it.

6. upone

upone New Member

If he does stand a chance, it means the Republican Party has gone completely off the tracks, very much like the Whigs did in 1852.

7. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    More asshole-twisted logic from this nutjob:

First Read - Santorum says Obama looks down on disabled, encouraging more abortions

"One of the things that you don't know about ObamaCare in one of the mandates is they require free prenatal testing," Santorum began telling about 400 people here. "Why? Because free prenatal testing ends up in more abortions and, therefore, less care that has to be done, because we cull the ranks of the disabled in our society. That too is part of ObamaCare -- another hidden message as to what president Obama thinks of those who are less able than the elites who want to govern our country."

Run, Santorum, run.

8. dude_007

Gold Member

Albums:
    Santorum's a disaster of epic proportion.
    If he is the candidate, there is no hope for the Republican party anymore. They apparently didn't learn their lesson from the Palin fiasco. The right wingers have completely lost their minds and it isn't scary it is pathetic.

#8 dude_007, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  9. houtx48

Gold Member

I seriously think Rick got but fucked way to much by a gaggle of Priests when he was an alter boy. He is seriously creepy.

10. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
  11. houtx48

Gold Member

It's not lost it's propped up in a chair in the livingroom in front of the television. Don't tell me this guy is not nutz.

12. earllogjam

Gold Member

Albums:
    Listening to Santorum is all rather frightening because you can see how hateful/angry people can be swooped up in hysteria and how the sheeple can let it happen without resistance or even questioning.

You realize how utterly possible it was for a Hitler and a very small fraction of the population not unlike the Tea Party Movement to rise to power in Germany using deception, hate, xenophobia, and lies to manipulate the ignorant masses.

#12 earllogjam, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  13. NCbear

Gold Member

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if similar events played out here, earllogjam.

It'd take only a few short steps to make this supposed democracy (I wrote "democrazy" but corrected it :biggrin1:) into a theocracy--a rigid, autocratic, fascist theocracy.

In that world, all of the over-coiffed "ex"-gay Republican guys would be on top. (For the first time. :biggrin1:)

NCbear (who couldn't resist, here at the end :tongue:)

14. vince

Gold Member

Ironic that Rick was talking today about how America faces challenges similar to the ones they faced in WWII ...
    How does this guy get to be a leading candidate for POTUS?

15. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
  16. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    Apparently, he and Romney are the best the Republican Party has to offer.

17. ethos123

ethos123 Member

Albums:
    The guy frightens me. His being in the back pocket of big oil scares me to death. It is unfortunate that our nomination process focuses on special interests and not the good of the country and the taxpayers.

18. houtx48

Gold Member

Corporations are people too my friend or have you not heard that?

19. earllogjam

Gold Member

Albums:
    It will be Kristallnacht for us homosexuals and free thinkers in America if he is elected president. *sudders*

20. itsthepopei

itsthepopei Member

Albums:
    Im not too worried historically conservatism always end up on the wrong side of the argument you just have to take the long view of history. We are coming out of the reflexive Conservative swell to the civil rights movement. Social issues will be the death of any Conservative ticket if they push them to the front.