The police misconduct thread

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media
Who cares about a video in England? What I love about videos is the edited versions that are posted. Never shows what lead up to the police arriving just what they want everyone to see. And the dummies liberals just fall for it every time. It is said how very little a liberal can use their own mind and judgement.

Conservatives do this often. The fact is, rights are rights. Due process applies regardless of what led up to the abuse by police.

If a man in custody tells the arresting officer to fuck off, the officer has absolutely no right to use more force against the detained person. The officer has to suck it up and do their job.

We continually see conservatives demonizing the victim and using this as an excuse for the LEO to abuse them. This shows a horrible ignorance of the law. Police officers have no authority to punish citizens. If Eric Garner was illegally selling cigarettes, or if Walter Scott failed to pay child support, these are not reasons for police to apply capital punishment. Courts impose sentences and corrections apply the punishment.

Too many officers are abusing their authority and if you show then the slightest amount of disrespect, they will hurt you.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm sure we've tried but it's just so much fun to pick on that mental illiterate.
Just put him on ignore. Remember how on the old site with a person on ignore you could still see when they posted? Not so now. In this thread, there is no evidence for me that he's uttered a peep. Even posts I know for sure he's made are completely invisible. I'm not offered the opportunity to view blocked content. It's as if it never happened. If you think he's just a troll, put him on ignore.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Just put him on ignore. Remember how on the old site with a person on ignore you could still see when they posted? Not so now. In this thread, there is no evidence for me that he's uttered a peep. Even posts I know for sure he's made are completely invisible. I'm not offered the opportunity to view blocked content. It's as if it never happened. If you think he's just a troll, put him on ignore.
Do you still see the post if someone else quotes a member on ignore?

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ahhh.. very nice.. it is a beautiful thing.
Exploring the site further I do see that I can see quoted posts of ignored posters, but I do not see the posts I have quoted myself. Interesting. Still, responding to them would require a small amount of hoop jumping, just enough to remember to bite your tongue.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
This is the video Gardena police didn't want you to see.

They shot two unarmed guys (killed one) looking for their stolen bicycle. A judge unsealed evidence in a lawsuit over the shooting, which the city for $4.7 million. The judge rejected arguments by Gardena city attorneys, who argued the city had paid the settlement money in the belief that the videos would remain under seal. Judge said "fuck you".

Diaz Zeferino was struck eight times. The second man shot, Eutiquio Acevedo Mendez, was hit once in the back and has recovered from his injuries.

The district attorney’s office declined to file charges against the officers. Deputy Dist. Atty. Rosa Alarcon wrote in a memo about the shooting that Diaz Zeferino’s right hand was no longer visible from the officers’ angle and that it was reasonable for them to believe he was going to reach for a weapon.

“They made a split-second decision and they were not required to hold fire in order to ascertain whether Diaz [Zeferino] would, in fact, injure or kill them,” she wrote.

Which is a whopper. Anyone looking at the video can see the guy wasn't a threat. American police officers need more training.

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media

They shot two unarmed guys (killed one) looking for their stolen bicycle. A judge unsealed evidence in a lawsuit over the shooting, which the city for $4.7 million. The judge rejected arguments by Gardena city attorneys, who argued the city had paid the settlement money in the belief that the videos would remain under seal. Judge said "fuck you".

Which is a whopper. Anyone looking at the video can see the guy wasn't a threat. American police officers need more training.

Any James Bond fan knows how deadly a hat can be.

Reactions: Greysun

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Exploring the site further I do see that I can see quoted posts of ignored posters, but I do not see the posts I have quoted myself. Interesting. Still, responding to them would require a small amount of hoop jumping, just enough to remember to bite your tongue.

The problem I found with using ignore in the past was that there were certain people here who used that to your disadvantage, by twisting things you've said, deliberately so, figuring you'd not see it. It was a rather cowardly effort to say whatever they wanted in the expectations that you'd not be able to refute it.

Using ignore is a personal choice (and I do opt to "ignore" much of what I can see), but for ME, rebutting misinformation and calling them on it, I find much more preferable.

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Unbelievable!!!! Those cops deserve equal justice!!!

D

deleted15807

The cost of resolving police-misconduct cases has surged for big U.S. cities in recent years, even before the current wave of scrutiny faced by law-enforcement over tactics.

The 10 cities with the largest police departments paid out $248.7 million last year in settlements and court judgments in police-misconduct cases, up 48% from $168.3 million in 2010, according to data gathered by The Wall Street Journal through public-records requests.

Those cities collectively paid out $1.02 billion over those five years in such cases, which include alleged beatings, shootings and wrongful imprisonment. When claims related to car collisions, property damage and other police incidents are included, the total rose to more than $1.4 billion.

upload_2015-7-16_13-0-44.png

(to read the article Google the title)
Cost of Police-Misconduct Cases Soars in Big U.S. Cities
Data show rising payouts for police-misconduct settlements and court judgments

D

deleted15807

Too many officers are abusing their authority and if you show then the slightest amount of disrespect, they will hurt you.

I'm reminded of an out-of-control abusive parent when you see the videos of officer's reaction/overreaction when people do not immediately yield to their "authority figure".

ClintHardBall

Experimental Member
Media
Focus on real problems what a bunch of nose in the air people thinking they know everything. You all think putting videos on the internet is actually going to change something? New flash it won't. Putting all this effort to fix such a small problem when right in their faces lies the problem. Criminals are criminals, where is the outrage at black on black crime? Where is the outrage at the crazy pregnancy rates in poor areas? Ahh don't mean anything. Where is the outrage at a country who is $18 trillion dollars in debt with no way to pay. Ahh just a rounding error make the rich pay more.

Liberals are the misguided drones that walk the streets preaching about shit no one cares about. All this talk about police no one really cares, no one. Why because most of us are trying to figure out ways to pay our bills, raise our kids (so they dont become thugs) and build a path to retirement.