Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
is it possible, that only the ones who like redheads reply in this thread? :rolleyes: Or how come we are generally disclared as unattractive and keep being portrayed as the dorks in films and tv?

I appreciate all the nice comments about red hair that are being posted to this thread. As Ebb observes, having any shade of red hair can be somewhat of a stigma, for no other reason, in my admittedly biased opinion, than for it being relatively unusual. Although I have certainly have come across people who find red hair unattractive, I have always found that there are at least as many people who are the opposite and find it particularly attractive. I think are most people, truly, are largely indifferent, as they should be. If they like you, if they find your face and body appealing, then the color of your hair doesn’t really matter. Still, as I believe most redheads will attest, in respect to those people who do have affection for red hair, there is something about red pubic hair in particular they find sexually exciting. From my perspective, it looks perfectly normal, of course, but at times, I get the distinct impression that I am being viewed as an exotic bird with bizarre plumage. I don’t mind though; if I was a bird, I think I might want to be a flamingo.

ebb33

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
From my perspective, it looks perfectly normal, of course, but at times, I get the distinct impression that I am being viewed as an exotic bird with bizarre plumage.

right. but, maybe we would be like that as well, if we suddenly saw someone with naturally blue hair :tongue:

oh and no strings, you are so hot!

cklover

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Jeez....I've never thought of redheads as dorks, exotic creatures, etc. I grew up in southern Me. where there was a distinct brunet majority (many, like me, from a French-Canadian background). I moved to Boston and lived there for over 30 yrs and got to sample all genotypes!! (lol) The redheads were a gorgeous part of all that city diversity...loved the light ones, the auburn ones...from Italian and Irish backgrounds, Spanish and Nordic mixes...not all of us redhead appreciators are dehumanizing fetishists!:smile:

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
...how come we are generally disclared as unattractive and keep being portrayed as the dorks in films and tv?

I read an article a couple of years ago about perceptions of redheads. Red-haired women were once depicted as being mysterious and highly sexual--in a beastly, immoral sense--and associated with witches, werewolves, vampires, and, of course, the devil. In this day and age, these formerly negative associations have been turned on their head and red-haired women are frequently depicted as strong, fiery, fearless, and savvy, not to mention sexy. The article mentioned actresses like Julianne Moore as an example.

There are also famous red-headed comedians, for example, Lucille Ball, Carol Burnett, and Kathy Griffin.

The article also noted that red-haired men haven't faired so well. As ebb noted, they are often depicted as unattractive. If I remember correctly, the article didn't have an explanation for why.

As for me, I don't have a fetish for red hair or anything. There are plenty of redheads that do nothing for me, but it was because of other features, not because of their hair. But some of the hottest guys I've ever know were redheads. If a guy has a nice body and attractive face, then red hair is, if anything, a bonus.

My mother, who dyes her hair red, always liked redheads and wanted redheaded children, but she didn't get them. I got the freckles and light eyes, but brown hair. In college my female friends all dyed their hair, so I started dying my hair too, just for fun, usually a dark auburn, but sometimes a lighter red.

I haven't dyed my hair in years, but a few weeks ago on a whim I bought a box of red dye. I haven't used it yet. Maybe I'll do it this weekend.

Broken5150

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ha ha finally some red head love. I shave my stuff so you cant probably tell in my gallery that I am a red head too but I am a true red head all the way.

Broken:biggrin1:

snax

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's not entirely obvious I'm a redhead in this pic because I didn't have much pubes at the time. I think though that redheads tend to have the same coloration across the board. Also the pic is crappy. I'm just about to get an 8MP camera in the mail, my first good digicam, I'll try to get a better one up in a couple days.

Attachments

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Me too! I would love that also but how about some famous redheads? Like Kate Walsh or Marcia Cross and Gillian Anderson?

Yeah... all beautiful readheads.
But, Kate Walsh is so incredibly beautiful, as is Gillian Anderson!
I wonder if Marcia Cross's twin daughters will be beautiful redheads
like their mother?

Ummm, I love redheads!