Ugly Hung Guys

mindseye: Size doesn't at all make up for appearance.

Mayyyyyybe in the bedroom it's an equalizer, but nowhere else. Pretty people get better seats at restaurants, more attentive help from sales clerks, faster promotions at jobs, better clothing selections. They're more likely to have opportunities in modeling, politics, and news broadcasting.

This applies not only to 'involuntary' appearance traits such as harelips, male-pattern baldness, and missing limbs, but also to chosen appearance traits such as long hair, facial tattoos, and traditional Islamic dress when among Americans.

It's absurd to suggest that a large penis suffices to make up for all this. I'd trade my dick -- all of it -- if I could look like Marcus Schenkenberg. :)

aquaman875: I once spent a summer working at a resort and had a co-worker who was one of the ugliest humans alive, had a boring personality and a huge cock. (I'm 6" flaccid and he dwarfed me in the showers, maybe 7 or 8, but very thick) He got laid more than anyone at the resort, especially after the staff slut started telling people that it was the biggest she had ever seen.

I know that he nailed at least 2 staff hotties that the pretty boy BMOC of the staff struck out with.

ORCABOMBER: [quote author=Icarus213 link=board=meetgreet;num=1044485800;start=15#19 date=03/03/03 at 12:25:27]Okay, follow-up question:

For those of you guys who consider yourselves ugly (or at least a bit less than gorgeous  ;D ), do you think your size makes up in some way for your appearance?  
[/quote]

Erm, no, not really, I'm so shy...the quote says it all...

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think that there are more average to ...umm... 'below average' looking guys out there, so it's easier to find a not-so-attractive guy carried a fully-packed lunchbox than a drop-dead gorgeous dude that is comparably equipped. So I think it's not so much a case of there being more ugly hung men, but a case of there being more ugly men period. (On the other hand, Lyle Lovett is supposedly hung like a bull moose...)

theratking: If you did a study on looks and normalized it to the normal curve (using statistical analysis), you would find that there are exactly as many really hot guuys as really ugly guys, and everyone else falls in the middle (and generally speaking within one standard deviation of the median hotness.)

Then you could do a similar thing with penis length, and you would see that statistically speaking, it is easier to find a below average to above average looking guy with a large penis than either a really ugly guy or a really hot guy with the same.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I guess what I find bothersome is that there really are people out there so stuck on their own appearance deficiencies, that they would seek reinforcement through "compensation." Or, to be precise, John Doe could be considered rather unattractive and yet will place his personal self-worth (appearance-wise) on his genitalia and market himself that way. Whatever happened to being "comfortable in your own skin?"

No offense, mindseye, but when you said you would trade your dick to resemble the only male supermodel I'm aware of, it almost hurt my feelings. I'm already pretty proud of what I look like; I know it probably won't fit many of the societal-deemed attractive features out there among men, but I like me a lot, thank you very much. And if you ask me, I never found anything "pretty" about the pretty boy types.

I'm a firm believer that attitude really defines how attractive the whole person becomes. Let's face it; a prick is still a prick regardless of how pretty a prick he is.

Finedessert: "I'm a firm believer that attitude really defines how attractive the whole person becomes."

DEE: That is exactly why I kiss the mirror in the morning.

;) :D :D

Grandpa

Icarus213: But honestly, I don't see any difference between placing self-worth in appearance and placing self-worth in your endowment. They are on the same semi-shallow plane, I think. If a guy says he would trade one for the other, I wouldn't think less of him for it. You are trading in the same currency, really.

This isn't relating to you, mindseye. I get what you were saying.

kyle: Okay, I've held back long enough.

I've never even looked in this link until now because I find the topic reprehensible. Nor have I read any of the posts.

I just want to weigh in that "ugly" is among the most shallow of perceptions that should be dropped in adulthood.

I could say more, but you'll either get it or you won't.
:mad:

aussiechick63: One thing we should all remember is:- What is ugly to one person is beautiful to another. We might think of ourselves as unattractive, but that is only a perception through our eyes. The same works in reverse too. We might be so far up ourselves and think we are drop dead gorgeous, but no one else might feel the same way.
Be proud of who you are, what you are endowed with.
Beauty comes from within. Being a beautiful person has a lot to do with attitude.
Just because you are wll hung does not make you a nice person, as has already been said here.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=kyle link=board=meetgreet;num=1044485800;start=15#29 date=03/09/03 at 10:26:35]
I just want to weigh in that "ugly" is among the most shallow of perceptions that should be dropped in adulthood.
:mad:[/quote]

Yeah, I get it. It is shallow, but physical attraction is often the first thing that brings two people together. Some people, including many on this board, admit to being attracted to big cocks. We hear it all the time here, and most people take it as a given. Is that any less shallow than being taken by another attractive bodily feature? Of course not, but we've come to accept trolling for monster meat here. Why is admitting to being a sucker for a pretty face, a fine ass, bulging biceps, etc., particularly 'reprehensible'?

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
[quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=meetgreet;num=1044485800;start=30#31 date=03/10/03 at 19:23:13]Why is admitting to being a sucker for a pretty face, a fine ass, bulging biceps, etc., particularly 'reprehensible'?  
[/quote]

You're missing the point. There's nothing wrong with having a set of attractions; everyone has them, I would say. The problem is, it seems as if people are willing to compromise those standards -- that is to say, one is willing to overlook that the subject is unattractive, maybe even considerably so, but that his only saving grace lies in his endowment. That is what I find reprehensible; that people can't be shallow enough by harshly judging someone for their looks (if they're that unattractive, anyway), but that they can't stick to their proverbial guns and instead will take in the individual for another, in the grand sense of things, completely trivial and shallow feature.

It's the same principle of why groupies find rockers like Fred Durst attractive. If he were an average Joe and had no such Limp Bizkit fame, I'm sure the good lot of people would pay him no mind. BUT, since he's got fame and fortune, those qualities -- as opposed to him -- turn heads. Do you see what I'm getting at?

It's a bit of a double strike, to be appraised as worthless in the scheme of attractive features and yet to be esteemed for a dick and nothing more.

ORCABOMBER: Yeah I agree with you on that point. I mean some people are really harsh about what people should conform to as far as appearance goes, I mean, very few people are unfortunate to have complete facial deformations that are out of proportion but society and people on a whole still rate faces pretty high. I mean, I wouldn't say I'm not fussy, that's harsh, but the fittest girls I've seen are probably the same ones that most wouldn't like (being over size 10 is probably a reason as well).

:)

miniver_cheevy: miniverch's two cents about this wildly weaving threadm ???

each generations is minisculely more attractive than the immediately preceding one, more prow, more endowed, etc. we are evolving as a species towards perfection.

it is all part of natural selection. the cute, hung ones get to mate with the prettiest, sexiest mamas. the results are fantastic, beyond our wildest beliefs!

when we are done, we will be gods (and goddesses).

if you saw your ancestors of two or three hundred years ago, you would probably heave. bad teeth, arthritic limbs, wrinkles galore. uggg.

(that's why my moniker -- miniver cheevy -- is so ironic. he was a dude who totally yearned for life in the past, the renaissance to be exact. no, truly i would not want to return there. i love my mtv!)

plus our ideal of beauty is changing from female to male

one other phenomenon (as evidenced by this very thread) is that the ideal of human beauty is changing from the female gender to the male gender. have you noticed more and more pin-up boys, shirts off, pecs bared, bulges prominently displayed -- on buses, on tv, on magazine covers. and the women often are so modestly dressed and not so prominently displayed, kind of in the background?

(this is perhaps one of the outcomes of the aquarian age grinding to an end and our entrance into a glorious, more peaceful, piscean one.)

and one more thought -- is this board getting too gay?

this is my other question which this thread has inspired(from a 100% gay man) -- does anybody else find that this board is getting too gay? i mean, though i was fairly promiscuous in my 30's i'm totally over that now -- and i find all of this "sack hopping" mildly disturbing. i myself have always been 100% faithful to my boyfriend and would recommend it for others, if only for intensity's sake (as well as for health reasons).

i think ultimately i'm afraid we're gonna scare off the straight guys who might find this all even more disturbing than i. and if we scare off the straight guys (and girls) we're gonna be a pretty "small" bunch.

????

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, i am gay,
and i'm not going to stop posting the truth of my life here.

Part of that truth is that i find the promiscuity in
straight and gay life equally disturbing.
Gay people haven't cornered the market on that...
or anything else.

I don't think of the board as gay or straight...just friends talking about the issues.

tott666: [quote author=miniver_cheevy link=board=meetgreet;num=1044485800;start=30#34 date=03/11/03 at 08:25:22]miniverch's two cents about this wildly weaving threadm  ???

plus our ideal of beauty is changing from female to male

one other phenomenon (as evidenced by this very thread) is that the ideal of human beauty is changing from the female gender to the male gender.  have you noticed more and more pin-up boys, shirts off, pecs bared, bulges prominently displayed -- on buses, on tv, on magazine covers.  and the women often are so modestly dressed and not so prominently displayed, kind of in the background?

No, I think you're over reacting! Sure, naked and semi-naked males might be popping up everywhere; it's been that way for a long while in Europe. Girls are still in the majority.

You Americans have a certain way of polarising things, though. It's often all or nothing for you guys. Europeans are more equal when it comes to sex, I guess.

As well as eating disorders, probably... Have you also noticed that eating disorders are on the rise (since ages ago) when it comes to young men? I don't think we can blame advertisers/fashion magasines for that. The western cultural hemisphere is a sick one, I think. This need for self-control goes back to Socrates, no need to repeat it all right now.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I agree. There's now an eating disorder for men, BTW: muscular dysmorphia, where a man sees himself as weaker than he really is. Naturally, anorexia and dysmorphia are culturally-bound, but as the Western media expands over the world...

ORCABOMBER: All back to society again, then again, I've read a book, mainly on female beauty and it's really interestingto see how fashion has it's "in" and "outs", for example butts haven't been fashionable for centuries, thanks a lot J-lo! :D

Savannah: Attraction is certainly a matter of preference. No doubt each person on here would have a different and unique set of preferences. To each his/her own. My opinion is that there are no "ugly" mature men. Just my 2 cents' worth.

Savannah