Uncircumcised: How long before you wash?

How long after you wash before you get 'the scent'?

• Total voters

powerbook06

Sexy Member
Media
I'm naturally a clean person (like a cat!) and I shower once every few days (if nothing of importance comes up, otherwise I will shower every day). I'm also uncircumcised and find myself in need to clean myself every few days only as well. The only real thing that causes my dick to need washing is after I cum (or if theres any sexual-related fluid on it). That stuff will make it smell bad over time if not fully rinsed away naturally.

I have to also ask... why do people feel the need to shower over 2-3 times a day? Unless you work out a lot or your job requires you to wander around all day in a landfill, why do you need to do that? Seems all you would be doing is drying your skin out and wasting water/soap.
I am like you, naturally clean (relatively speaking) with little body smell. My wife is jealous of that - she has much more odor in her body than me.

The problem appears to be much more individual- than circumcision- related. We are not all the same, some smell more, others less. Besides other factors, I believe (but without having any valid back up data) that body mass plays a role too. Fat or just overweight people tend to produce more excretions (like sweat) and body smell. FWIW, my BMI is around 18.4 and I am near my 40's.

lorne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
First off I think that anyone who showers more than twice a day is getting a little ridiculous. Depending on what you do and where you live two showers is getting to be a little much. Cleanliness is one thing but being obsessive is retarded. You can be clean and not spend most of your day in a bath or shower. I am completely against stink, got to be the most disgusting detail a person can have about them. I can stand annoying, ugly and asinine, but not smell. Where deodorant, clean daily, (Im not a perfume/cologne person usually but if you need abit were some, not a bottle. If your sniffing your dick often enough to notice in a couple of hours that it's noticeable maybe get it checked out or find something better to do. Don't be wasteful.

S

SirConcis

When I was uncut, I would wash during morning shower. Then at night, as I undressed, I would retract foreksin, rub any gunk out and let it dry as I got hard. Once dry, the glans and foreksin didn't have any terrible odours. But for sex with another person, I would go and rinse the glans/foreskin before sex.

El Mystery

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm uncut but have foreskin that is usually retracted. I never get cock cheese as a result and dont have to wash my foreskin.

When I was younger it was a different case, as my foreskin covered my head.

D

deleted213967

I would like to retract my previous post: I do shower twice a day but I am cut (although I was born uncut) so I am in this thread illegally.

I plead "No Contest".

Where is a lawyer when you need one?

Reactions: Micheal Hiscano

milkyca

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
First off I think that anyone who showers more than twice a day is getting a little ridiculous. Depending on what you do and where you live two showers is getting to be a little much. Cleanliness is one thing but being obsessive is retarded. You can be clean and not spend most of your day in a bath or shower./quote]

I shower twice a day; I don't think there's anything excessive about it at all. I want a shower in the morning, and I generally want one after I'm done at the gym. I'm not sure why that's so excessive.

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
why would uncut men wash themselves any less than cut men?
i really dont get this whole uncut VS cut bullshit..... we all shower (i hope) and we all wash in the shower..the penis is part of the body, u wash it... PERIOD... this shit gets so fuckin stupid

D

deleted213967

No, showering twice a day is not excessive given all the grime we are subjected to all day.

Besides, showering can be very tonic and /or relaxing...depending on how you use it (and with whom).

Ignore that member's Renaissance-era views on 21st century hygiene.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What's the big deal?... Wash up when you wake up, after you piss, after you jack off, before and after fucking... no problem. Betcha anything that conscious men clean up their junk way more than most women do! Ever wonder why they dump on the perfumes and deodorants?

Onan

I was in the Denver airport a while back and used a stall in the men's room. Someone had left most of a sticker off a box there, a product called SqueakyClean. It looked like it came from some foreign country, from the stilted English. It said it was a "gel to moisturize and clean the male genital sheath." Hmmm, foreskin? I suppose then that products do already exist for this specific market. They just don't happen to have them at my local Long's or Walgreen's (big surprise). I wonder whether Boots in the UK carries anything to freshen up foreskins.

BTW, my experience is also that any cock can smell, cut or not. Yes, trapped urine and semen break down and smell, but "trapped" can mean several things from foreskin to underwear, or between dick and scrotum.

yelp

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
E'y lad i won't be anser'n this question with a self loathing response. I wash once a day. An NO I don't e'get a StanK from my kit by the end of the day bloke. I give it a right pull back when i av'e a pee. Then enough is enough. I don't go worry'n that my rod be a germy swamp all day long.

Uncutpete

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
A word of advice from an older uncut guy who has never had a problem with smegma or smell after he STOPPED USING SOAP - The tissue of the inside of the foreskin is like that of your eyelid. It doesn't like soap. Pull your foreskin back and wash with warm water regularly -- just letting a strong stream run all over the foreskin and glans -- during your shower, before sex, if you've eaten asparagus or another food that makes your pee smelly. Your penis and your partner will reward you.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
A word of advice from an older uncut guy who has never had a problem with smegma or smell after he STOPPED USING SOAP - The tissue of the inside of the foreskin is like that of your eyelid. It doesn't like soap. Pull your foreskin back and wash with warm water regularly -- just letting a strong stream run all over the foreskin and glans -- during your shower, before sex, if you've eaten asparagus or another food that makes your pee smelly. Your penis and your partner will reward you.
This is true. The microorganisms naturally found within the foreskin tend to keep the area pretty clean. Many cleanliness issues, much like yeast infections in women, are ironically caused by overly zealous cleaning disrupting the natural flora of the genitals.