• I'm uncut and my dad was cut.

Votes: 103 11.3%
  • I'm uncut and my dad was uncut.

Votes: 288 31.6%
  • I'm uncut and my son is cut.

Votes: 23 2.5%
  • I'm uncut and my son is uncut.

Votes: 60 6.6%
  • I decided that my son would/would not be cut.

Votes: 33 3.6%
  • My partner decided that my son would/would not be cut.

Votes: 7 0.8%
  • I will try to make sure my grandson will not be cut.

Votes: 29 3.2%

• Total voters

rodsmith

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Are you a father with a son? If you're uncut were you able to keep your son intact too? Was your father uncut as well? How did you and your father handle the subject of not being circumsized? If your son isn't circumsized do you think he'll keep his son (if he has one) intact too?

I'm cirucumcized but my father was uncut. At the time I was born it was pretty common to circumsize all newborn boys. I would have preferred to have my son left intact but his mother saw to it that he was cut. If my son ever has a son I will try to convince him to leave him intact. I believe that unless it's medically necessary that a boy should be left intact. If after he becomes an adult he wishes to be circumcized then that's his decision.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
though US born i spent alot of my "wonder years" in germany and italy (military dad) so I thought the only guys who were cut were jews and muslims. I never had any problems or issues with mine and have always been surrounded by guys like me so i can't understand why or how the cut thing became fashionable.

my dad is uncut, I'm uncut, my 3 bros are uncut, most of my cousins are uncut, and thousands of years of my ancestors were uncut. i come from a pretty old school italian lineage and it would have been unthinkable to anyone in my family to circumcise a baby boy without dire medical necessity. when i have sons of my own they'll be left intact, free to make their own decisions.

my personal view on circ is that it's a human rights issue. an infant cannot give informed consent and parents don't have the right to decide that for him. anyway,every male should have the option to decide later if he wants to be cut, he can make that decision and he can request exactly what kind of cut he wants, that's never the case with RIC.

I'm Glad to see US circ rates falling, i just hope the silly notion that cutting will reduce HIV gets debunked before too many are convinced that it's a cure-all for STDs. on the other hand it might have a beneficial "Darwin effect" eliminating from the gene pool those foolish enough to buy into the media/medical BS being thrown about on those studies.

Last edited:

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
though US born i spent alot of my "wonder years" in germany and italy (military dad) so I thought the only guys who were cut were jews and muslims. I never had any problems or issues with mine and have always been surrounded by guys like me so i can't understand why or how the cut thing became fashionable.

my dad is uncut, I'm uncut, my 3 bros are uncut, most of my cousins are uncut, and thousands of years of my ancestors were uncut. i come from a pretty old school italian lineage and it would have been unthinkable to anyone in my family to circumcise a baby boy without dire medical necessity. when i have sons of my own they'll be left intact, free to make their own decisions.

my personal view on circ is that it's a human rights issue. an infant cannot give informed consent and parents don't have the right to decide that for him. anyway,every male should have the option to decide later if he wants to be cut, he can make that decision and he can request exactly what kind of cut he wants, that's never the case with RIC.

I'm Glad to see US circ rates falling, i just hope the silly notion that cutting will reduce HIV gets debunked before too many are convinced that it's a cure-all for STDs. on the other hand it might have a beneficial "Darwin effect" eliminating from the gene pool those foolish enough to buy into the media/medical BS being thrown about on those studies.

My dad is uncut and I'm not (although I was very loosely circumcised).

We all defend we what we are. If you are circumcised, you'd have a different point of view.

It's hard to look at things objectively, and I've tried to do my best to do so. I've come to th conclusion that there are probably pros and cons to both, but the final decision lies with the parents, not with society or the government.

I also find that some uncircumcised men have a very wrong idea of what it feels like to be cut. There is this notion that they all need lube to masturbate, etc. The myths that circulate out of ignorance.

If I had son, he'd be cut just like his dad. Got a problem with it? I don't give a damn.:rolleyes:

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual

The studies that are opposed to circumcision don't hold up to well, either. The best evidence we have is what we know from adult men who have been circumcised, and that is not all that strong. For example, there is no definitive scientific proof that uncircumcised men have more sensitivity, for example. You can find studies that support either side.

Reactions: Dal2AR

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
*is very disappointed with some people right now*
:frown:

your son's penis is not an extension of your body or your beliefs. :irked:

How does one raise a son without the extension of our cultural beliefs onto him? Societies cannot be void of a culture.

Reactions: poiuy

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
the ideals a parent passes on to their children can be changed or broadened by experience. cultural expectations can be dismissed or embraced by the individual, the choice to set aside what has been taught to them or to live their own is a conscious decision. the most a parent can hope/aim for is to have instilled a foundation of humanity and respect in their child.

i can't see how overwriting a person's autonomy and sovereignty of body will help them grow into a better person.

if the foreskin is just a bit a of skin, leave it on until the owner feels the need otherwise.

if choice is so important, respect your son's right to make the choice himself. if you raise him right, he'll make the right choice for himself.

it's makes me truly sad the people still have a sense of entitlement to their children. you have a responsibility to your children, not a title of ownership. the decision to circ your child can not be undone. for me that need to imprint your ID on your child is unimaginable.yes, there arguments from both sides of the issue, but if there is no clear understanding of the consequences or the benefits why not leave the choice to the person who will ulimately be most effected?

Last edited:

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
the ideals a parent passes on to their children can be changed or broadened by experience. cultural expectations can be dismissed or embraced by the individual, the choice to set aside what has been taught to them or to live their own is a conscious decision. the most a parent can hope/aim for is to have instilled a foundation of humanity and respect in their child.

i can't see how overwriting a person's autonomy and sovereignty of body will help them grow into a better person.

if the foreskin is just a bit a of skin, leave it on until the owner feels the need otherwise.

if choice is so important, respect your son's right to make the choice himself. if you raise him right, he'll make the right choice for himself.

it's makes me truly sad the people still have a sense of entitlement to their children. you have a responsibility to your children, not a title of ownership. the decision to circ your child can not be undone. for me that need to imprint your ID on your child is unimaginable.yes, there arguments from both sides of the issue, but if there is no clear understanding of the consequences or the benefits why not leave the choice to the person who will ulimately be most effected?

The culture we're raised in affects us our entire life. We can't escape being raised in one. Which one is right and which one is wrong?

Do you believe in abortion rights? When does a baby have a choice if he or she lives or not? Let that baby grow up to make the decision if he wants to live or not.

Reactions: ronin001

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
While I'm against circumcision, that's quite a good point Bull.

I'm also pro abortion and if the baby is removed, then it doesn't have to live with the choices his parents made. That includes the decision of circumcision...

Reactions: MajorBuzzKill

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
so protect the fetus in the womb, allow all manners of wicked and wrong to be acted upon the poor child once it's breathing air? that makes sense.

i am pro-choice, across the board. everyone has the right to control their own body. i might not always agree with the choices they will make, but i will defend their right to choose.

yes, people are changed by the cultures they are born into. i don't see how cultural branding is an open door policy on forcing your preferences on other people.

you also choose which aspects of any given culture you expose your child to. you won't take him to clan meetings, you don't want to him to grow up to devalue women, you wouldn't want him to grow up a homophobic asshole. you will show him what's important to you, the values you place your faith in... you will try to guide him into being someone he can be proud of and a person who will do right by others. the point is you will not expect him to be a walking talking regurgitation of popular culture, you will shield him from the uglier aspect of society until he is strong enough or wise enough to stand on his own. this is what a parent does.

you also have to know that not every choice you make will be right for him, you have to accept that there will be a time with no matter how careful/loving/supportive you've been he might well resent your actions. if there is something as easy and avoidable as circ, why not just avoid making a life altering choice... worry about college, his first car... there are a million and one choices you will have to make.. cutting ya kid shouldn't be one you are allowed to make or one you should make.

Last edited:
Reactions: mattto and Rarefied

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My dad is uncut and I'm not (although I was very loosely circumcised).

We all defend we what we are. If you are circumcised, you'd have a different point of view.

It's hard to look at things objectively, and I've tried to do my best to do so. I've come to th conclusion that there are probably pros and cons to both, but the final decision lies with the parents, not with society or the government.

I also find that some uncircumcised men have a very wrong idea of what it feels like to be cut. There is this notion that they all need lube to masturbate, etc. The myths that circulate out of ignorance.

If I had son, he'd be cut just like his dad. Got a problem with it? I don't give a damn.:rolleyes:

the part i have a prob with is that although you quote my post, i don't think u really read it.

i wasn't defending uncut, i stated what i was and provided some backstory as to how i arrived at that status.

i never said i wanted government to get involved in any way.

and I'm definitely NOT in the category of uncut guy who's ignorant about cut guys, trust me I've manipulated plenty of cut cock to know how they work, and i don't have any problem with cut guys. you have to acknowledge that there is a segment of the cut population (i'm not going to argue numbers cuz everybody brings their own to that picnic) that wishes they weren't cut at birth and had the right to choose.

sure society entitles to cut ur son, but why is it important to make him "just like dad" was it a big issue for you to be different from your dad? you say ur cut "very loose" would you have preferred something tighter? i have noticed that there's a huge variation on how tite or loose guys who were cut at birth are, maybe there's no way of predicting how the final product will be when you're working on something that's only a fraction of its full size? what would be the harm in waiting till your sons willy gets big?

Reactions: Serrano

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
so protect the fetus in the womb, allow all manners of wicked and wrong to be acted upon the poor child once it's breathing air? that makes sense.

So, you can take the life of a unborn baby, but don't snip a bit of foreskin once it's born. Are you serious? A baby is a separate person, even if it's inside a woman's body. A unborn baby aren't like a women's nails, hair and teeth. It's not the woman who's carrying it.

You value foreskin over life. Why is that the case with some many anti-circ peeps?

Besides everyone, I'm not saying I oppose abortion in all cases. I'm just playing devil's advocate. LOL. I'm a born philosopher.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChuChiPapi

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
the part i have a prob with is that although you quote my post, i don't think u really read it.

i wasn't defending uncut, i stated what i was and provided some backstory as to how i arrived at that status.

and I'm definitely NOT in the category of uncut guy who's ignorant about cut guys, trust me I've manipulated plenty of cut cock to know how they work, and i don't have any problem with cut guys. you have to acknowledge that there is a segment of the cut population (i'm not going to argue numbers cuz everybody brings their own to that picnic) that wishes they weren't cut at birth and had the right to choose.

sure society entitles to cut ur son, but why is it important to make him "just like dad" was it a big issue for you to be different from your dad? you say ur cut "very loose" would you have preferred something tighter? i have noticed that there's a huge variation on how tite or loose guys who were cut at birth are, maybe there's no way of predicting how the final product will be when you're working on something that's only a fraction of its full size? what would be the harm in waiting till your sons willy gets big?

I wasn't directing everything I said that post to you. I was just talking to anti-circ peeps in general.

No, I'm quite happy with my circumcision status. Did I want to be just like dad? Never really even thought about it...

Parents have the right to do snip or not. Ain't my business.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual

What I said in that post wasn't necessarily directed towards you but anti-circ peeps in general.

I am happy with my circumcision status. I never really thought about being like dad or not.

Parents can snip or not...it just isn't my business. I don't see it as a human rights issue (mutilation) and laugh when I hear that...I mean laugh laugh.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
If the baby doesn't live anymore, it doesn't have to worry about being/not being cut and living with that his entire life.

Well, can't you at least let him or her live long enough to find out if he or she wants to live or not? That decision can't be made until he or she grows up. If the unborn baby wants to commit suicide, let him or her make that decision.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
So, you can take the life of a unborn baby, but don't snip a bit of foreskin once it's born. Are you serious? A baby is a separate person, even if it's inside a woman's body. A unborn baby aren't like a women's nails, hair and teeth. It's not the woman who's carrying it.

You value foreskin over life. Why is that the case with some many anti-circ peeps?

Besides everyone, I'm not saying I oppose abortion in all cases. I'm just playing devil's advocate. LOL. I'm a born philosopher.

a fetus is the potential of human life. the fetus is tied to the mother's body, there for her rights supersede the rights of an abstract or potential life/person.

a baby(and his foreskin) is an actual person, living breathing and protected/deserving of all rights given to any other person born in this/any other country.

P.S.
birth control, family planning and options in an unwanted (for any reason) pregnancy is one of foundations of the women's movement. and is the same case of body autonomy/sovereignty i was harping on earlier.

Reactions: Rarefied

herkimer snow

Experimental Member
Media
Cutting off a foreskin is not a "snip." Parents assume this "right," and it's a presumptive decision that has become a tribal thing in the U. S. in particular. The benefits to the child are virtually nil. The benefits to the parents--well, if it makes them feel good, I guess the foreskin is doomed. Given a choice, the baby would say "no."