Urethral Play / Sounding

hungbiguyuk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Hi Guys

Any of you do this? What does it feel like? I imagine it to be very sensitive and somewhat painful - is that the attraction? Or does it feel fantastic?

I'm keen to try it but not keen on pain.

Reactions: diver6

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some guys love it some guys hate it, most guys haven't tried it. I love it because it's sort of fucking his dick from the inside. If you're going to try it do it with something small with a rounded end, make sure it's scrupulously clean and take a piss after you've finished to flush out your urethra. The guys who like it find it a little painful but fantastic, its touching untouched flesh.

AustinTX

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I "sound" occassionally and find it very sensual. I am now able to insert a narrow rod about 7 or 8 inches in my cock. Orgasm is wild!!! I pull out just before I cum and will shoot farther and more than usual. I demonstrated for a friend not long ago and I thought he was going to faint when I started inserting the rod. He was fascinated but not enough to give it a try, but was amazed at the amout of cum and distance. I'm interested in hearing about the experiences of others.

musclebutt2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Umm, it's not very painful, just a little burning sensation near the tip of your urethra at first. Once the sound is in deep it's an odd sensation. Just like anything else: eating pussy, sucking cock, anal sex, nipple play, etc. once you train your body to associate a particular "odd" sensation as pleasurable, sky's the limit.

I really do recommend getting a stainless steel sound versus using a BIC pen or something completely straight. Your uretha isn't completely straight and a sound is ergonomically shaped as well as being SAFER to play with. I started off with a #5/6 six months ago and am considering sizing up. I only use it once in a blue moon, but it sure makes me hot for more :D

Remember to use a good slippery silicone lube and DON'T force it down... your interior plumbing is delicate! In fact, I just insert it an inch or so and support the tip of the sound with a finger as I let gravity do the rest. It doesn't just slide down likety-split, but slowly enters your cock inch by inch as your Kegel muscles relax or contract.

When the sound hits bottom, it feels like you are receiving a prostate massage from the other end... The first time I got fucked missionary by a hung buddy of mine while the sound was inside me I ejaculated and shot the damn thing 2 feet away. Afterwards I realized just how dangerous that was, I could have impaled myself in the face or neck! Can you just imagine the emergency room scenario? But boy, it sure was an intense orgasm.

After a couple of times you get used to the sensations and slowly moving it up and down as you fuck your cock feels amazing. After you are done be sure to clean it with anti-bacterial soap or any other method of sterilization before storage. You don't want any infections. Oh yeah, the first couple of times you do it, pissing afterwards is gonna burn like a bitch but that's normal and will eventually go away after X # sessions. And don't share your toys unless you guys are monogamous, you might catch a STD! Sterilizing the sound in between play while switching off is okay, but tedious.

Hope that helps. I'm not on expert an sounding, but that's just been my own noob experience. Oh yeah, I swear they have sounds the size of biscotti available... I can't imagine sticking something that large down my urethra.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
musclebutt2, I agree with most of your post, with two exceptions: silicone lube is probably not the best. The small packets of sterile surgical lube are available and much better.

Sterilizing is absolutely crucial, and a simple rinse with alcohol or hot tap water or bleach is not recommended. Most people don't have an autoclave in their home, but if you really do get into using sounds, it's worthwhile to invest in a small pressure cooker, which will do the same thing. 10 minutes at 15 pounds in a pressure cooker will completely sterilize a surgical steel sound.

Oh, and I don't want to sound too pedantic about this (and you mentioned you knew better after the fact) but fucking with a sound in can be dangerous. If, in the heat of the moment, you bumped the outer end of the sound, it could go in and puncture your bladder.

I've not had it done, but I have watched it and been to workshops about it. I think this fall I will have a friend, who is an expert, do a sounding on me. We were going to last year, but he ran out of sterilized sets before I got up the nerve to ask him.

osxwrangler

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It is hot. I have done it some with a buddy of mine. I find that if the rod or whatever you use is the right diameter it doesn't hurt However, anything smaller or larger did. The smaller part surprised me.

At first it's a bit scary but then it really starts to feel good just like the men above have said.

I once fucked my buddy while he had a "sound" in. That had to be one of the hottest fuck sessions I have experienced. He came like a horse.

There are lots of web sites devoted to this - UP or Urethral Play. Be safe. Be very clean. Nasty infections can result. Awkward explanations to your doctor as well. :smile:

steeler_999

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi Guys

Any of you do this? What does it feel like? I imagine it to be very sensitive and somewhat painful - is that the attraction? Or does it feel fantastic?

I'm keen to try it but not keen on pain.

The area that's most sensitive is just inside the opening. After you have sounded for awhile, the sensitivity decreases a lot. You should proceed slowly at first, use a sound made of stainless steel, use a lubricant like KY, etc. Once you get used to it, there shouldn't be any pain.

Most sounds have been designed for medical purposes and have a smooth surface. However, there are some that have been designed for use as sex toys that have a ribbed surface. One is sold under the name Dipstick. Once you get used to regular sounds, if they get boring, the Dipstick is very intensely stimulating. Another thing you can do with sounds is to use them in conjunction with electrostimulation, like with a PES unit.

anything1987

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
hello. I am new to sounding. i did it for the first time today with a thermometer and it felt great, mind you that it only went in about 3", but it felt great anyway. the orgasm was amazing. is there a place on the web where you can buy them one at a time, instead of in sets. i found them on amazon but they were 19.95 a peace, a little steep for me; so anyway is there another place besides amazon.

marriedasian

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've personally have done this a little myself although my progress is far from these other guys. i use a medical-grade stainless steel sound. It's still somewhat painful for me so i only do it when i'm really in the mood for it; kinda pain/pleasure thing and i don't go as deep as i would like either.

Anyways, I haven't ruled it out completely yet but i will try it from time to time.

lilbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My partner loves sounds. He bought a complete set in the Castro in San Francisco. I have tried them and they are not for me, but to each his own. Reminds me that we have not used them in a long time. Need to get them out and have a little fun!
We also like temp piercing, blindfolds and hot wax can be fun as well.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
the idea of it to me is hot as hell, and i luv seeing guys do it, and am amazed by how thick some can take,

but the only thing i've stuck into my dik is an oral thermometer which is pretty small guage. (ya when your'e home with a cold and checking your temp, sometimes you're bored and erect at the same time so it only seemed natural to want to check the temp of my boner right?) I leak tons of pre so it slid in pretty easily but i've only stuck it in about 2 inches, spinning it between my fingers really got me off, and i pulled it out and jakd furiously and shot pretty quick.

and yeah i stuck it back in my mouth w/o rinsing....

I can see more of this in my future.

BigrThnSom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
check my gallery, I sound with my pinkie finger, also a few other wierd things. I love it, the deeper things go the better it feels! I got a pa because I love urethral stimulation. Personally, I wanna hook up with a girl kinky enough to put her little finger down my urethra... any volunteers? ;) Gets me hard as a rock! So yeah, I think it feels great!

Stresskit

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I sound with aluminum rods up to 9mm in diameter. Water soluble lube is a must as is cleaning the rods before and after. I also try to piss after a session. I do not recommend cumming with a sound in place unless you have a special hollow one. Go slow, start small. It gives you a tremendous "full" feeling in your cock. I havent yet had someone insert for me but that would be hot. Dont ever use anything sharp.

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I assume this would feel sorta like when the urologist slid a cysto up my penis several weeks ago to get a kidney to bladder stent (that was put in due to a kidney stone) out. I thought he was gonna give me some versed or something, and he said "no, this is no big deal." Anyway he slid that thing up cock, and grabbed the stent and pulled it out, didn't take but a couple of seconds but I got hard as a rock and felt like I was gonna blow a load on his examining table whe he pulled that thig back out past my prostate. I had no idea that sliding something up in your dick could have that effect.

Where do you guys get the rods from, do sex stores have them?

deviantbear

Experimental Member
Media
I had been cahted by a friend several times and loved it, but that is different as the rubber tube is flexible. Sounds are stiff steel and man what a change! The first time I was sounded by a friend and he began to hit my prostate my mind nearly blew. He just kept rubbing my g-spot over and over again, me squirming on the bed. By the time I was cumming my urethra was so sensitive all he had to do was lightly thump the end of the steel sound and it sent a shock wave through my dick right into my over stimulated brain. I blew a load so big and so long I thought I was going to die and go to heaven. I have loved it ever since. Go for it, try it and you will never look back.