using the urinals

Red8x6

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's called paruresis. Happens to me all the time. Even after I've started going, if someone pulls up next to me, the stream gets thin and slows. So there are muscles involuntarily tightening up inside. It's embarrassing as hell, because since the inability to pee may make me look like a perv (just standing there with my dick out), it shrinks to even smaller than when swimming in cold water. No fun.
I blame it on my mother (of course, right? lol). When I was like seven, I went to pee after taking a shower and it stung. So I called mom into the bathroom to ask her wtf; she had no idea what could be wrong, so she sat on the edge of the tub and waited for me to pee again to see if it still hurt. Nothing came out - foreshadowing my adult life, for sure. Had she not been divorced, my dad would've said something to the effect of, "You just got a little soap in the hole. No problem." Oh the damage done by ignorant women.

D_Doe_Ray_Mi

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Grateful that this is not an issue for me. Why? Perhaps having grown up on an estate peeing outside whenever the urge presented itself, having a brother who used to love to have "sword-fights" with piss stream. Troughs in elementary school boy's room, mandatory jock checks and showers in gym class and thus used to being naked with other guys? Who knows but again, I'm grateful and do love a good piss at any kind of urinal whether anyone else is present and /or watching or not.

jacenx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't like urinals. Even with a cock that may be 6'' more in flaccid length (that vary) In urinals i'm feeling that i'm too close to the bowl and afraid of splashing because the strength of the pee. Another reason is the odor of the urinals. Disgusting to smell. I've used to see urinals that are always yellow and never flushed enough. I rarely pee upright, only in the wild forest. I think that peeing upright doesn't empty the bladder correctly. Peeing squatted works well.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Recently I ran into another issue in which I was at a friend's house and it was super quiet and he was close outside the door...I couldn't start for some reason, afraid of the sound or something idk.

Hopefully taking gymfresh's outlook helps in the future...just saying it doesn't matter how long it takes to start or who's listening.
Perhaps those of us who have had problems with this can help eachother overcome it by sharing our experiences and what has helped each of us. I can relate to the stagefright issue when standing to use a toilet in a private home due to the noise the pee will make if other people are in the room just outside the door, especially females. Until 2 years ago, I always sat to pee in a private home to avoid making noise. My friend and her 15 year old daughter hang out with me every weekend, and I still sit to pee when they are here. Mom doesn't care when she pees and doesn't shut the door. L.O.L.! I admire her lack of inhibition.

For many years, I've wished that I could pee at a toilet standing without being hung up about the noise that the pee makes when it hits the water. I've been jealous of guys who can pee loudly without caring who hears them. Some of my guy friends and their sons piss with the door open at home and don't give it a second thought, even when the female members of their family are there. Reality check: I'm way too hung up about it and need to get over it. So I started to stand when urinating at home a few years ago. At first I did it when I was home alone and enjoyed the novelty of listening to it and watching the foam form from the bubbles. I'm usually okay standing to pee if it's just me and the guys, but if there are women around and it's very quiet, I'll usually sit to avoid the stagefright issue and get the job done. A few times I've left the door open and peed loudly into the water when just the guys were here after they did it first. It's actually liberating!

I used to be paranoid to use urinals in a public bathroom, have largely overcome it, but still have issues from time to time. I have no problem at all with nudity, so it has nothing to do with people seeing my dick. It was always the issue of not being able to relax enough to release the flow, especially if someone was behind me waiting for me to finish. In every case, once the flow starts, I'm fine and it won't stop until I'm done. Now I love to use urinals, and I actually like to be in the process of peeing at a urinal by the door and someone will open the door giving those in the hallway a view of me in action. Outdoor peeing has never been a problem for me since I was a kid because all of us did it.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I've never had a problem with urinals, but public toilets are fucking disgusting.

If I hafta piss its fine and doesnt make a difference.

I hate sitting on public toilets, I use like sixteen rolls of toilet paper as an ass-gasket on the seat.

Denverbearmark

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Gert--thanks for the picture and link! I was just telling my boyfriend last night about this place--having seen the picture before--and was going to look for website today and here is pops up!

zpacifico

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
when I was a kid I was quite shy and rarely could urinate outdoors, then once I tried it on some summer vacation and my parents made a prank with me and took a pic. after that I never dared to pee outdoors. might sound silly but that's just how it is. then in the army I just had to do it infront of everyone and had difficulties, would stand with my cock out and not a single drop would come out of me. quite frustrating. but later on I got sort of used on it and would work. today I can pee at urinals only when I am drunk (not to say pissed) haha

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
when I was a kid I was quite shy and rarely could urinate outdoors, then once I tried it on some summer vacation and my parents made a prank with me and took a pic. after that I never dared to pee outdoors. might sound silly but that's just how it is. then in the army I just had to do it infront of everyone and had difficulties, would stand with my cock out and not a single drop would come out of me. quite frustrating. but later on I got sort of used on it and would work. today I can pee at urinals only when I am drunk (not to say pissed) haha
Sorry to hear your parents fucked with you Peter.

zpacifico

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sorry to hear your parents fucked with you Peter.
haha
how am I supposed to take this one?
nah, ain't nothing bad about it I can do it for most of the time, but if I can choose I will use the cubical and pee behind the doors. I am so prudish :tongue: