varicocele

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Had any one here had a varicocele before during or after puberty, any affects on growth looks?

theyre very very common and many are so small men dont know they have them. Basically they are dilated veins in the scrotal sack (pampiniform plexus of testicular vein). Somewhere about 20-25% of men have them. The only concern really for them is they increase the temperature of the testicle and can affect sperm production because roughly 40-45% of intertile men have them, however, having one does not mean you will be infertile. There are also surgeries to correct it but its usually not recommended unless infertility is a problem

If you feel them the general feeling is a "bag of worms"

orangebean

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've had one probably since a short time after puberty. Mine is on the left side, which I understand is the most common case because of the direction of blood flow through the body. I don't think it had any effect on the size or shape of my penis or testicles - each testicle is about the same size, and my penis is not curved or anything.

Rarely after sex I experience a minor soreness near the varicocele, but it has never been intense and passed quickly. You should see a doctor if yours is causing you pain, but otherwise it's probably completely harmless. There is a surgical procedure to correct the varicocele, but it is rarely necessary to do so.

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
baseball99, I had a hydrocele, about the same thing isn't it, removed because it got awkward. It was like I was carrying 5 where there should have been one....not painful unless I "pinched" it somehow. I wore really baggy jeans back then to help deal with it.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
baseball99, I had a hydrocele, about the same thing isn't it, removed because it got awkward. It was like I was carrying 5 where there should have been one....not painful unless I "pinched" it somehow. I wore really baggy jeans back then to help deal with it.

no its a little bit different. Hydrocele is caused by an intact processus vaginalis which should pretty much recede in men.....if it doesnt recede then fluid can collect

varicocele is caused by veins.....

both cause things that shouldnt be in your sack

komodoman

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Had one since I was about 22 (I'm 45 now) no problems...had kids, great sex etc. Not noticable at all. On really cold days -20C to -35C (I lived in Canada a few years ago) when the scrotum tightens up, there's sometimes a dull pain....goes away after it warms up. Not terribly uncomfortable...like the pain you get after a physical..... I live in HK now, and haven't had that tightening of the balls in a long time....forgot all about it until your post.

~quicksilver~

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I had one when I was 15, got really freaked out because one testicle was twice the size and weight of the other and really veiny! I showed my dad and he took me to the urologist... I had an operation to sort it, they make a tiny incision above you cock, (right where your pubes are) and tie of the offending veins or something. The offendind testicle went back down to normal and have had no problems since. The worst bit was the itching from where they shaved the pubes!! Don't think surgery is very common, but my testicle was massively oversized...

patro78

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm 28 and have recently been diagnosed with a mild varicocele, in my left testicle (the most common, as someoene else has pointed out). I experienced a lot of pain for about two months on and off, worse at night and after having been on my feet for prolonged periods of time (I work as a waiter). Sometimes I could hardly walk and getting to sleep was also difficult becasue I had to sllep on my back and keep really still; if my balls flopped to the side or if I laid on them, the pain would increase noticeably.

My question is: as well as this pain in the testicles, I have been getting a stinging pain in the eye of my cock, only when I am aroused and building up a load. It does NOT sting when I urinate and I don't have any STD or NSU. It often hurts when I ejaculate. Does this mean that the varicocele is affecting my sperm production in the epididymis or irritating the vas deferens?

Would apprectiate some advice.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm 28 and have recently been diagnosed with a mild varicocele, in my left testicle (the most common, as someoene else has pointed out). I experienced a lot of pain for about two months on and off, worse at night and after having been on my feet for prolonged periods of time (I work as a waiter). Sometimes I could hardly walk and getting to sleep was also difficult becasue I had to sllep on my back and keep really still; if my balls flopped to the side or if I laid on them, the pain would increase noticeably.

My question is: as well as this pain in the testicles, I have been getting a stinging pain in the eye of my cock, only when I am aroused and building up a load. It does NOT sting when I urinate and I don't have any STD or NSU. It often hurts when I ejaculate. Does this mean that the varicocele is affecting my sperm production in the epididymis or irritating the vas deferens?

Would apprectiate some advice.

No. Most of the fluid in "cum" is not sperm but rather fluids added along the way from the testicle to penis before ejaculation. How are you so certain you dont have an STI? Something like chlamydia in men presents most commonly asymptomatically or very vague dribbling, burning, or testicular pain. It would be definitely something to look into and is easily treated with a 1x dose of antibiotic. Now for when you say it hurts when you ejaculate. Is that at the urethral meatus (opening)? or is it deeper? You may very well have irritated the urethra from masturbating but without physical exam is basically futile to guess

patro78

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Thanks baseball99.

i've had STD checks and two doses of antibiotics but there has been no change in the irritation. I definitely have varicocele so I'm assuming that the stinging at the eye of my cock is related (yes, its at the opening, not deeper down). Perhaps it is from waking off too much!

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
baseball... I think I can speak for lots of us here when I say thank you for all the good information you are giving us. Lots of us have lots of questions about our anatomy and plumbing, and just how things work or are supposed to work, but do not know just where to go for the answers. Thanks for being here and being a credible resource.

jody

Experimental Member
Media
i have a varicocele around my left testicle. it started to appear when i was 12 or 13. when i am laying down and sleeping the blood leaves the varicocele and my genitals appear normal. but when i get up and have been standing and walking for a few hours it fills with blood and gets big. i'm planning to have what is called a microsurgical varicocelectomy. they fix the varicocele by snipping a few veins under magnification for a very precise surgery.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
baseball... I think I can speak for lots of us here when I say thank you for all the good information you are giving us. Lots of us have lots of questions about our anatomy and plumbing, and just how things work or are supposed to work, but do not know just where to go for the answers. Thanks for being here and being a credible resource.

no prob.....i dont give medical advice over the internet bc i dont think its practicing good medicine, but explaining things is always beneficial because there are so many resources out there that suck

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i have a varicocele around my left testicle. it started to appear when i was 12 or 13. when i am laying down and sleeping the blood leaves the varicocele and my genitals appear normal. but when i get up and have been standing and walking for a few hours it fills with blood and gets big. i'm planning to have what is called a microsurgical varicocelectomy. they fix the varicocele by snipping a few veins under magnification for a very precise surgery.

the fact that it gets better when you lay down and worse when you stand is pretty much diagnostic for a varicocele......that doesnt happen with everyones but when that does happen it pretty much means varicocele. A lot of people are saying theyre on the left. The left is more common because of the venous drainage from the testicles. Basically the testicles, during embryological development, are located right near the kidneys and when hit with testosterone and other hormones they start their migration into the scrotum. The right testicular vein drains directly into the inferior vena cava.....its a huge vein that goes back to the heart. The left testicle however drains into the left renal vein before going to the inferior vena cava.....this extra drainage creates more back pressure and creates the varicocele. The major concern is for older men who did not have varicoceles when younger suddenly develop varicoceles as it can be a sign of renal cell carcinoma which invades the renal veins and creates back pressure.....which is why if you have one its good for your doctor to check it out yearly or more often if it starts hurting and if you just develop one its wise to get it checked out

jody

Experimental Member
Media
the fact that it gets better when you lay down and worse when you stand is pretty much diagnostic for a varicocele

hi basball,

i've known that it was a varicocele since i was 18, but i never felt like having it corrected until i was 25 or so when i started to get tired of lugging it around and having my testicles look weird. all my girlfriends noticed, and although it never bothered them, i like to stay healthy in general and keep up a good appearance. also i can tell by now my left testicle has atrophied somewhat, and it seems like my sperm count is probably down some, so i'll be getting surgery when i have the money.

surgeons have developed maybe 4 or 5 procedures to correct varicoceles, i decided to go with microsurgery. it has only been around for 8 or 9 years but seems to be the best. it's very accurate and does not cause many complications or scars. it costs about $7000

jordanj

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ok, funny story time... That mate I keep going on about, with the big cock from school... We had the school medical including that test where the doctor checks your nuts and you cough. He went in and they asked him to repeat it about 3 times before referrign him to a hospital...

So, he goes off to hospital aged about 13 to Kings College Hospital, a teaching hospital... He ended up having about a dozen student nurses/doctors feel his nuts to find his variocele! I can't imagine how embarrassed I would have been!