varicocele

horneyoldguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have one in each testicle, a very large one and a smaller one. My doctor advised me that if it is not bothering me leave it alone. He did point out however, that the larger one could cause sterility in the one testes. At my stage it doesn't really matter.

magicmorgan

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
i have a varicocele on my left side, and when i have an erection for more than a couple of hours, my balls get really sore. so sore its hard to sleep.

nagypocs

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A few days ago I was also diagnosed with varicocele. Sometimes it hurts a bit, and i can always feel a little extra weight over there. The doc said though, it's not big enough to have the surgery's pain.

An important question: do you think I can keep on working out? I'm not sure if it can negatively affect it, but would love to do it.

I hope someone has had the same problem and can share his experiences...

Last edited:

F_Man

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A few days ago I was also diagnosed with varicocele. Sometimes it hurts a bit, and i can always feel a little extra weight over there. The doc said though, it's not big enough to have the surgery's pain.

An important question: do you think I can keep on working out? I'm not sure if it can negatively affect it, but would love to do it.

Hi, I'm curious that you didn't talk with your doc about what to do and not to. Sure you can keep working out! / Surgery is not the preferred way to deal with varicocele anymore, MICROsurgery is, and not a big deal to go through. They do it inside the veins, initially through one in you hip, and block the flow to the damaged vein in your testicle. In the meanwhile, I do not recommend using a cock ring, or ball stretching.

horneyoldguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

See a doctor, don't know your age but my urologist, because I have one and am in my 60s, said not to worry about it. However, had I been younger and intent on having children he would hve suggested removing it because it can lead to sterility.

nagypocs

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Of course I asked the doctor, and he said I should avoid every ways of ab-pressing, especially kinds of lifting heavy things.

I thought it was just a medical suggestion, but I hoped real life is else, and I can keep doing it. I'm quite young (21) and want to work out regularly.

Thanks for the answers, guys!

D_gtfigy

Just Browsing
Media
Of course I asked the doctor, and he said I should avoid every ways of ab-pressing, especially kinds of lifting heavy things.

I thought it was just a medical suggestion, but I hoped real life is else, and I can keep doing it. I'm quite young (21) and want to work out regularly.

Thanks for the answers, guys!

I have a large vericocele on my left side as well and I'm also 22. I haven't been checked out, but because it's painless and has been there since I went through puberty, I'm not in any rush to get it checked. However, I wonder from time to time if working out is good for me as well. I like to lift (although I can't lift very much) and I'd like to know if I am doing myself any harm in doing so. Thanks for your help, anyone.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
I have a large vericocele on my left side as well and I'm also 22. I haven't been checked out, but because it's painless and has been there since I went through puberty, I'm not in any rush to get it checked. However, I wonder from time to time if working out is good for me as well. I like to lift (although I can't lift very much) and I'd like to know if I am doing myself any harm in doing so. Thanks for your help, anyone.

It really wouldn't be a bad idea to get checked out....by a urologist.
(GENERAL practitioners often guess or speculate at best) Urologists specialize in genito-urinary matters.

Younger men do risk sterility fooling around with a bonafide varicocele!
My own bout with a varicocele (in my thirties) eventually cleared up considerably on its own. But my urologist discouraged heavy lifting and heavy strenuous activity. Often, men are encouraged to wear a jock strap for support. I also had heard of the surgery option to repair the culprit of the problem and that surgery (as an earlier poster noted) sometimes takes place up into the abdominal cavity to repair a faulty vein or artery situation leading to the varicocele symptom . MY MD told me it wouldn't be such a big deal IF such a measure became necessary. I also "heard" back then that varicoceles are quite common and typically affect the left testicle most often.

Peace of mind would be well worth the effort to simply schedule an appointment with a urologist, IMHO. I speak from experience. :smile:

We mean well around here, but the LPSG cannot be considered the expert source when it comes to offering medical advice!

caadbury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm 25 and have one, though it hasn't been an issue thus far. Might become a problem now that we're trying to have kids though.

plaasboer25

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am currently in bed recovering from my varicocelectomy. the scar hurts like crazy but I can already feel and see the varicocele dissapearing in my sack. I had it done because it was a grade 4 and was like having a few pounds of extra ball in my nut sack. It was uncomfortable. I am healing well and will keep you posted.

MrJimSir

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ok, funny story time... That mate I keep going on about, with the big cock from school... he goes off to hospital aged about 13 to Kings College Hospital, a teaching hospital... He ended up having about a dozen student nurses/doctors feel his nuts to find his variocele! I can't imagine how embarrassed I would have been!

I'd love it, except my vericocele only hurts when manhandled.

eurotop40

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had an operation at the age of 22. They made a cut in my lower abdomen, similar to an appendix operation (they call it "Palomo" technique) and closed a couple of veins. Apparently it went well because I fathered a number of children.

BoxersguyNJ

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I had a varicocele on my left testicle it hung really lower and felt heavy all the time and had it taken care of when I was 20 yrs old doctor made an incision on my left groin and afterwards told me that i had 2 very big veins wrapped around the testicle and after the surgery everything was fine