VH1 documentary about Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez from TLC

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Strange question. But a few weeks ago I was flipping the channels and found what appeared to be a documentary about Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez from the group TLC. It ended in a very weird way. It appered that they were about to wreck. Does anyone remember this documentary? If so, I have a question. Thanks.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Strange question. But a few weeks ago I was flipping the channels and found what appeared to be a documentary about Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez from the group TLC. It ended in a very weird way. It appered that they were about to wreck. Does anyone remember this documentary? If so, I have a question. Thanks.

Huh? What do you mean? Lisa died in a car wreck while in Mexico or South America on a charity mission.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Yes, I'm aware of that.

The quesetion I was going to ask was: was that actual footage of the wreck that they showed?

The documentary appeared to be a "video diary" type of show where they played videos she had made of her retreat to South/Central America.

The impression it gives is that she was actually filming at the time of the wreck. My question: is this a correct impression?

palmit

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I remember seeing it and from what I understand it was actual footage of the accident.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, I'm aware of that.

The quesetion I was going to ask was: was that actual footage of the wreck that they showed?

The documentary appeared to be a "video diary" type of show where they played videos she had made of her retreat to South/Central America.

The impression it gives is that she was actually filming at the time of the wreck. My question: is this a correct impression?

Thanks for the clarification and sorry about that. No coffee yet this morning.

Palmit is right. If I recall correctly, she was in a motorcade with media and crew filming the whole trip. I never knew if there was a cameraman in the vehicle with her, but not having seen it and recalling the news footage of the time, I'd say he is right and it was probably the real deal.

It was a huge loss just as she was getting some sanity back in her life and then she dies while trying to do good for others.

BurningVenus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes, I'm aware of that.

Yes Left Eye was filming as they drove and when they crashed. I believe the footage of the aftermath of the crash was cut by the editor.

palmit

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
In the footage you can see she was the only with her safety belt engaged, and the only fatality of the accident.