Voluntary clitoridectomy in Lars von Trier's new movie - what do you think?

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
By now, the controversy has settled a bit, but von Trier's new film "Antichrist" has been said to be extremely mysogynistic. The row in Cannes has prompted von Trier himself to claim the opposite.

Do you believe him? Can a man be so depressed and full of anxiety that he embodies a woman who performs voluntary clitoridectomy -- in your face -- so as to get rid of the angst that accompanies desire?

cougarblue

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hm.....
I may have to see this film, just because Willem Dafoe is in it. Subject matter I could skip....can you say 'gratuitous mutilation'? Is it pertinent to the subject of the story? I'll refrain from judgement until I've seen it.

By now, the controversy has settled a bit, but von Trier's new film "Antichrist" has been said to be extremely mysogynistic. The row in Cannes has prompted von Trier himself to claim the opposite.

Do you believe him? Can a man be so depressed and full of anxiety that he embodies a woman who performs voluntary clitoridectomy -- in your face -- so as to get rid of the angst that accompanies desire?

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antichrist_(film)
scroll down to "Controversy."

I don't know how it can be mysogynistic if at first she tortured him besides, there are men (unfortunately!) who (they, themselves) cut off their own genitals either to please women or in an attempt to end their sex drives. I think this is just a very weird avant garde "artist" (very loosely used) who suffers from a myriad of mental disorders.

morsecode

Experimental Member
Media
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antichrist_(film)
scroll down to "Controversy."

I don't know how it can be mysogynistic if at first she tortured him besides, there are men (unfortunately!) who (they, themselves) cut off their own genitals either to please women or in an attempt to end their sex drives. I think this is just a very weird avant garde "artist" (very loosely used) who suffers from a myriad of mental disorders.

dude :facepalm: