Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
OK, so I've only ever tried water based lube and its great as it means you use natural moisture to lubricate, but I just find it gets too dry too easily and end up using more than I need to.

I've never tried silicone based but I hear its better than water based lubes.

What do you use, do you prefer water or silicone based and is there any brand you continue to use and recommend?

Thanks!

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Personally I use a silicone based. I use Spunk lube, it looks like cum.
I found that it actually works well as a skin softener too.

Call_Me_Daddy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I tried silicone and neither my wife or I liked it.

She says it tastes weird.

I say it feels weird.

It got all over the fucking house. I'm not kidding. It was on all the door knobs, on our feet, everywhere. I think it got thrown out.

paigexox

Sexy Member
Media
I prefer water based lubes and favor Wet, Sliquid and Astroglide brands. Bad Dragon also manufacture some awesome stuff called cum lube, but that might be a bit esoteric for what you want.

Silicone based lubricants are great too, but I don't think they're necessary for most purposes. They do last a lot longer, but they taste much worse than water based lubricants (which aren't all that tasty to begin with) and they are tougher to clean up. They are, however, fantastic if you really need to cut down on prolonged friction, don't like to reapply lube, or want to have sex in water.

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We use a water based lube called Liquid Silk by Bodywise Ltd. (an English product.) It lasts quite well in a session, and feels very natural. Great thing is that if it seems to be getting dry you just need to add a bit of spit (or water) rather than more lube, so a little goes a long way. Doesn't taste of much either. It's definitely the best lube Mrs R and I have tried so far.

D

deleted110426

My girl and I only use the silicone based when were gonna do anal. Any other time we prefer the water based.

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
The biggest difference to me is the cleanup involved. Silicone seems to take forever to wash off and water based pretty much just wipes off. I didn't know lubes had to "taste good" to be honest. If you are using lubes, EAT PUSSY OR DICK before applying it and you won't have that problem. Silicone is longer lasting and if you are having a problem with getting dry because he can last quite some time, it is probably your best bet. They have also come out with some brands that are combo water and silicone which are great also!

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I tried silicone and neither my wife or I liked it.

She says it tastes weird.

I say it feels weird.

It got all over the fucking house. I'm not kidding. It was on all the door knobs, on our feet, everywhere. I think it got thrown out.

You're not supposed to use it on the doorknobs so the kids can't get in...

hungjock7

Expert Member
Media
I like to use astroglide which makes both water-based and silicone, but like Stephenmass said--silicone is more difficult to clean up. I hear gun oil is good too.

Bean_head

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Ah awesome, thanks guys.

I'm currently using Liquid Silk and it is great (water based), I guess I assumed wrong about the Silicone based stuff. It sounds like it works better, but from the sounds of it the cons outweigh the pros for me.

Guess I'll stick with Liquid silk but might give Astroglide a whirl to see what its like.

I think this is the only forum I can ask this sort of question, lol.

Bean_head

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for the tip Paige, I like normal lubes, nothing fancy, I've tried different tastes and styles and I always end going back to stuff that just works well.

Thanks for the heads up.

boyslie

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Piur if the best selling in the world, it's a little pricey but it's amazing. I use the silicone because it lasts longer and i usually go for an hour or so when I'm topping. Even after a shower my dick feels a little slick. I donn't mind because i don't need any more lube or spit to jo later. The water, like any water based lube, dries out but if you're not careful, the silicone will get EVERYWHERE. Learned that the hard way when i didn't rinse my hands off well enough and coated almost every surface in my room and bathroom in lube. Still the best lube I've used, though.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We've used Gun Oil and Wet Platinum for the longest time and they're very very decent quality silicone lubes. But, a recent discovery we've made is Uberlube. It lasts as long as the other two I've mentioned, but it's very very thin in consistency. The others last a while before needing to re-apply (45+ minutes), but they're thick.

For cleanup, I highly highly highly recommend getting AfterGlow wipes. Makes silicone lube cleanup a snap.

Oh, and for hot tub sex, Gun Oil is the best we've tried.