Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
In the San Francicso Bay area most of the kiteboarders, windsurfers, and surfers don't wear anything under their wetsuits.

I wear a full length wetsuit for kiteboarding in San Francisco and a shorty in the winter when I go diving in the Florida Keys. If you get hot, you peel the top half off like when wearing a wrestling singlet. I don't wear anything under the full wetsuit, it's trouble enough getting it on. The shorty depends on who's in the boat. If it's female family members I'll wear a speedo underneath, if it's just guys I won't wear anything underneath.

jdenn4

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i only recently took the dive classes, and did my first two dives, first time wore shorts, 2nd time speedo much more comfortable, than shorts, but than once im outa the suit i want those boys off too. but im just an average guy so i couldnt immagine cramming larger junk into the speedo.

echo20

Sexy Member
Media
Nothing; I surf from time to time and I never wear anything under it; the wetsuit technically is a swimsuit and all my surfer friends wear nothing underneath too.

D_Mylor Mentallydaft

Account Disabled
Media
For you guys out there that are involved in sports such as Scuba/Surfing/Etc.

What do you wear under your wetsuit?

I wear a speedo, as I can't stand to have trunks or boardies all scrunched into an already tight space. The only problem with this is at times you can get serious speedo lines, which really doesn't bother me, but it isn't the best solution.

Recently i saw some photos of some surfers and it looked like they weren't wearing anything under their wetsuits (the only problem I can see with this is if you get hot and want to take your wetsuit off then you have to have something else to put on with you)

And when scuba diving off of a dive boat there is normally no where to change, so if I didn't wear anything under my wetsuit then I would have to do the towel dance. I can never understand how so many guys wear there baggy trunks under their wetsuits, it looks so uncomfortable!! American's are so stupid when it comes to these types of things! Since the times i've been out on dive boats and there have been people from Europe they don't have a problem with speedos at all, I was surprised by the number of Japanese who wore baggy shorts (as I thought speedos were suppose to be popular there as well).

So whats the way to go: Speedo, Nothing, Trunks, Other

nothing except a speedo unless you're james bond. the point of the 2021 neoprean wet suit is to hold a thin layer of water between the material and the skin to keep you warm

eastbaydude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gearing up to dive in the summer can be awfully hot. It's a whole lot easier to get suited up on the beach than at your car. At most beaches, that requires a swim suit. I always wear a speedo and find that most divers do too.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If it's female family members I'll wear a speedo underneath, if it's just guys I won't wear anything underneath.

Are these like all people you know ahead? Since I'd think you'd have to wear a speedo if it was a diving boat trip with a commercial operation.

i only recently took the dive classes, and did my first two dives, first time wore shorts, 2nd time speedo much more comfortable, than shorts, but than once im outa the suit i want those boys off too. but im just an average guy so i couldnt immagine cramming larger junk into the speedo.

Yea guys who continue to wear shorts puzzle me!!

Yea there isn't much room for the "tackle" in a wetsuit, if I'm in a situation where I have to wear something since I know I'll be changing etc out in public, but I won't be actually wearing the speedo alone that day, then I will wear one that is a few sizes to big, as that way things are covered but it doesn't cause extra tightness. Say I wear a 32 for laps, then a 34 for general beach rec/etc., then I'll wear a size 36 in these situations (I just don't want to find out what would happen to a 36 by itself [especially a nike one] in the ocean, I might have to go searching for it, lol)

When I used to dive, speedos or nothing. I tried panty hose once. Heard it was supposed to make getting wet suit on and off easier.

Haven't heard about panty hose, did it work? I've seen those like lycra dive skins that are suppose to help. Though personally I think I'll just stick to the speedo, as I can't imagine having anything extra to pack with the dive gear, and there isn't much room in a wetsuit, nor is there suppose to be and if you buy a bigger size to wear the dive skin then your defeating the whole purpose of wearing a wetsuit since there suppose to fit close to the skin.

Gearing up to dive in the summer can be awfully hot. It's a whole lot easier to get suited up on the beach than at your car. At most beaches, that requires a swim suit. I always wear a speedo and find that most divers do too.

Yea I agree, especially for some of the good shore diving/surfing spots where you have to walk a good ways down the beach, though most good surfing is usually at dawn or dusk, so it isn't quite so hot then, and I know that its hard enough to carry a surfboard in the wind and wouldn't want to have to mess with carrying the wet wetsuit as well.

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
The panty hose did make a bit of a difference, but not enough to really make habitual use worthwhile. I did have a "skin" but traded it in on my wetsuit. I really had no use for the thin skin as it was basically worthless as insulation and I was/am a cold water diver. I really do not know how many dives I made, but less than 6 were warm water dives. The coldest water I dove was just into the 40's at depth of about 60'. Really does toughen you up. And oh...shrinkage....nuts drew right up into you. I love to dive, just have not had the time/opportuinty to.

Last edited:

ericbythebay

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Are these like all people you know ahead? Since I'd think you'd have to wear a speedo if it was a diving boat trip with a commercial operation.

Yeah, this is diving from my boat. For a commercial operation, I'd go with a speedo, the ride to the dive site is usually longer and then you have people fucking around and not getting in the water very fast.

Although overheated people in 3-5 seas does make for good chum. Someone yacks and out come the reef fish.

D

deleted85856

Well, I surf whenever I'm down south.. which is a fair amount.
And I go nude under my suit. But then again, a lot of guys go with a swim suit, that they can get back to the beach and take off the suit and still be able to hang out (sadly not litterally)

Late Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've gone diving a lot and I've tried going without any underwear and thats really not comfortable at all for me, anyway. So, then I've tired wearin just plain breifs... and that really didn't work for me at all. So then I just broke down an acually work a jockstrap under my wet suit. Best thing! Not exactly the most fun thing, but actually it's very comfortable. It helps... so far its the best.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So then I just broke down and actually wore a jockstrap under my wet suit.

Have you ever tried a speedo? If you've gotta wear something, that might work better than a jock, since there more designed for water and can also change in and out of your wetsuit anywhere.

If your concerned that it would be too tight then just wear a pair that is a larger size than you would normally wear, and I like Nike since they are bigger than other brands.

Hanger2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I surf on East Coast USA. This area cannot be described as broad-minded by any stretch of the imagination. Some states even have laws banning towel-changing, so you are expected to change in your car or go home in whatever is worn in the water.

I wear nothing under my wetsuit and towel-change next to my car if anyone will have a clear view of me. If not, then I take a chance and strip naked next to my car or sitting on the door sill. I have occasionally been caught out by someone walking or driving around the corner and catching me naked but nobody has objected yet.

In my home country I changed next to my car even in exposed public parking areas or alonside busy roads. I sometimes changed on the beach, standing on my towel and stripping naked in the open. I had seen visitors from UK and Europe doing this and figured that they should not be the only ones to have the fun of being naked in public. I even did this once standing about 10ft behind a policeman, who did not see me.

I find it too uncomfortable to wear anything under my westuit. Board shorts bunch up badly and a speedo is too restricting. I never wear underwear, so am not prepared to wear briefs under a wetsuit either. I used to wear briefs under my westuit many years ago and they were as uncomfortable as a speedo.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I surf on East Coast USA. This area cannot be described as broad-minded by any stretch of the imagination. Some states even have laws banning towel-changing, so you are expected to change in your car or go home in whatever is worn in the water.

that's harsh, glad i live in a more accomadating legal zone

Torque8

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Why wear something under wetsuits for pool sessions? when you don't any other times.

If you're in a teaching position (NAUI and PADI) you set an example as a lot of students are underage and quite a few women in the classes.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you're in a teaching position (NAUI and PADI) you set an example as a lot of students are underage and quite a few women in the classes.

Yea I'd totally recommend wearing something in that situation.

As you never know when a situation might arise where you might have to remove your wetsuit unexpectedly, and you don't have to monopolize a changing room for putting it on, as its best to not change with the students/customers.