What is the best dildo ever?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by aajjxx, Nov 2, 2010.

1. aajjxx

aajjxx New Member

Decided to go out and get my lady a new vibe/dildo since she burned the motor out on her old one a year ago (made me so proud!).

Anyway, my question to you ladies, being that I know nothing about this shit, what is the hands down best?

Being that I'm a man, a creature of ego, of course, I'd like for it to be big, but not bigger than me, 8" heh.

Thanks for any responses.

2. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
  3. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

If, like me, she enjoys temperature play (or just feeling something warm (or cool) while getting off), I recommend a glass or metal dildo. Specifically, Passion Glass (the rippler), which can be used by both partners, is easily sterilized, and of a high-quality construction that will last a long time, if not forever, with proper care.

If the goal is her pleasure, your cock size, or lack thereof in comparison to the monster dildo you may imagine she'll be creaming all over, shouldn't matter.

4. aajjxx

aajjxx New Member

Thanks for the recommendations. She's likely not going to go for something too big.

5. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    I'd like to know the answer to this, too! I don't own one of those newer rabbit style vibrators that uses those off-centered disks to produce "ripples" against the g-spot, but I really want to try one. They've gotten good reviews on EdenFantasys.com

6. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Do you know what kind of vibrator her previous one was? Was it a rabbit style? Does she like g-spot stimulation? Was a special g-spot style one?

Can you tell us more about what she likes during sex or what her previous vibrator was like?

I've been looking at this one:

http://www.edenfantasys.com/vibrators/rabbit-vibrators/g-twister

It looks like my favorite g-spot vibrator on steriods. Everything is the same as my favorite one but BIGGER. I just worry that the g-spot part might be too long for my anatomy. My other g-spot vibe has a shorter insertable portion and I don't want to buy a new one that doesn't hit the spot.

7. paigexox

Gold Member

Albums:
    I complicate things a bit by using a dedicated g-spot vibrator (some white one from FunFactory) and then another vibrator for simultaneous clit duty. Though that one you've linked to, Petite, looks pretty interesting. I am just dubious about whether it would be in the right spot by time it makes clitoral contact.

I really prefer the dedicated g-spot only vibes because they tend to be a bit "heftier" and have a stronger vibration while usually being quieter. Kind of a big thing for me.

This is the one I like:
    http://www.edenfantasys.com/vibrators/g-spot-vibrators/gigolo
    -plus you can dial the speed, no dumb buttons ;)

#7 paigexox, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  8. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I prefer the rabbit. I have one very similar to this one. I have a love-hate relationship with this toy. It is first vibrator I have ever really liked. I really like the rotating head better than any other feature. However, I find that one little squeeze, and I can no longer feel enough pressure against my G spot. The flexible rod straightens too easily. Also, I have broken the rod off of previous models. Further, when I get really close to climax, I sometimes bear down hard, and the motor can't put out enough torque to keep the beads and rotating tip in action. The little rabbit ears don't quit for anything though, and despite the things I don't like, and despite the price, I always replace my rabbit when it breaks. I really, really enjoy it.

9. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

I think you'd be better off taking her shopping with you, than buying something as a surprise. There is so much variation in toy preferences that the toys any one of us likes really might not be what your partner likes.

Having said that, I have heard lots of positive stuff about the rabbit style vibes (personally I hate them).

10. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

The bigger ones give you more purchase if you're ramming it in!

Something with a long handle is always easier to manipulate!

11. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh my what an education!!! LOL! I have the same old vibrator I've had since my early 20s. Seriously! It was actually a gift from a girlfriend after my divorce! At first I was like no way. Then I came to love it. But it's just a plain old generic wand vibrator. I guess I'm not adventurous enough to look for anything else.

A few years ago Cap and I where in an adult store in Atlanta and I was so amazed and truly embarrassed by the selection! Holy crap! Cap had a wonderful time embarrassing me by explaining the possibilities of each one. The pimply guy behind the counter was getting off on all of it too. I could tell.

So, do you buy yours mail order online or what?

12. rotterdam5

rotterdam5 New Member

I have a nice one that's 15"x9" which is helpful on the occasional lonely night. I think it's called the Dick Rambone model.

13. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

Definitely time to update it then!

I prefer in-store because I like to be able to see and feel what I'm getting. But I've done some online shopping recently. It works well for me if I know what I'm looking for.

14. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    I like to browse online and then stop by my local store. They both have advantages.

If you use an online store you can read the reviews, and some sites are used almost exclusively by women who provide very detailed reviews explaining what they did and did not like about the toy. Sex Toys, Vibrators, Anal Sex Toys, and Dildos at Adam & Eve is one of them and a great thing about their site is that they also have videos showing people demonstrating the toys (in a non-X-rated way). Sometimes I order online. Prices tend to be cheaper online if you buy from a "discount" store, so I'll use a website for it's reviews to browse for which toys I want, then purchase it from a discount store like Discount Adult Sex Toys. Over 12,000 cheap adult sex toys & accessories. Wholesale & retail discount sex toy distribution. Home Party adult toy discount supplies.

I also like going in to a store and browsing because in every adult bookstore I've ever been in you can request that they open the package and see how the toy operates. That way you can squeeze the vibrator and see how squishy or hard it is, feel the texture to see if you like it, turn it on and feel the strength of the vibrations, or the rotating disks, or the beads, or the rotating head, etc. My local sex store also has this fabulous sale table where I have found several toys that had been sitting in my Kaboodle wish list for a while, at 50% off or more! I love bargain sex toys. I have gotten so much pleasure from $6 finds off that sale table. :smile:

15. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
  16. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I guess I'm a prude, but checking out the merchandise in a store makes me feel weird. I guess that's why I've stuck with BOB all these years. But that website, Petite, that gives me all sorts of ideas!!! LOL! I'll tell Cap it was your fault!

17. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

Understandably. They always seem to be staffed by sleazy older men, and EVERY other customer in the store seems to be looking at you funny. And whatever you buy, it feel like you're announcing 'I love [insert something relevant to the toy here].

18. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I fully agree. An acquaintance has been trying to convince me I need a Hitatchi wand. I keep trying t tell him I hate vibrators, and need deep penetration, that I have toys resembling the attachments one can buy for Hitatchi, and I hate them.

19. paigexox

Gold Member

Albums:
    Really?!?!

I bought myself one of those "back massage" machines and it pretty much revolutionized my bloody world in terms of what a vibrator could do for clitoral stimulation.

If I may be so bold as to pry, what is it about vibrators that you dislike? Too intense?

20. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    With very limited exception, it isn't the type of sensation I like. I greatly prefer to be stroked rather than vibrated. The attachments in question were suggested to me when I said I like penetration more than clit stimulation when I masturbate. I already have toys shaped like those attachments, all meant to stimulate the g-spot, but they do not give the right kind of stimulation. They are the wrong shape, and cant provide enough pressure. What I need there is pressure, not vibration. Also, most vibrators are too hard. I need toys to be firm, but have a little give.

#20 AlteredEgo, Nov 6, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2010