What makes a slut?

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not all human behaviour falls under Grey as most liberals like to think. I do believe that in some cases violence,murder, rape,stealing, lying and cheating may all be acceptable that's where judgment comes into play, but in most cases they're just plain nasty.Some actions through general consensus are morally unacceptable to society at large through which law's are created.Cheating against one's spouse/partner may not be illegal but certainly is generally thought as morally wrong.

Its human behaviour to put labels to people who do certain actions. We have people who do good called saints, angels... cant really think of many good labels... in the same way we have names to describe those that do evil ie. murderer,rapist, liar, slut...

Labeling may not be a good thing to do, pretty biased really and quite judgmental... but its just what most people do.. however wrong labeling may be, it still doesn't make being a slut right..
Liberalism has nothing to do with the discussion, nor does rape, as I specifically formed my response without the issue of legality.

The issue lies here:
"Nasty" to you
"Morally wrong" to you
"right" based upon your individual values and standards

One person, again, absent principles and standards of criminal law, does not hold moral authority over another. I know many like to think they do, but if the individual does not internalize the opinions of others, the labels mean nothing.

BadBoyCanada

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unfortunately, single (unmarried) people with high sex drives are called sluts, whores, manwhores, promiscuous, etc. You can be married and fuck all you want and it's OK. But woe unto you if you haven't found the person you want to marry yet. Society really does a number on you for not repressing your high sex drive.

There's still a large segment that views LT monogamous relationships as the ideal.

Maybe not here, but that's the reality.

curiousvirgin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Liberalism has nothing to do with the discussion, nor does rape, as I specifically formed my response without the issue of legality.

The issue lies here:
"Nasty" to you
"Morally wrong" to you

One person, again, absent principles and standards of criminal law, does not hold moral authority over another. I know many like to think they do, but if the individual does not internalize the opinions of others, the labels mean nothing.

I realise that u excluded the legal issues which is why i said being a slut isn't gonna get you locked up, just as lying in most cases isn't a criminal offense. I just put it up along with the others as a behaviour that is generally considered wrong doing by many.

Perhaps we should put a lpsg vote on how many consider shagging another person when your partner goes off to work a wrong doing. I'm probably mistaken in my assumption. I concede this argument because there isn't concrete proof that cuckolding is considered a wrong doing by the majority therefore no law nor punishment against it. Anyways if there were, almost half the world's population would be in jail -_-.

Being liberal or conservative would make people regard sluttish behavior differently or what level of promiscuity would qualify a person to be a slut.In the past a women showing her bosom in public would be deemed a slut.Some think like that even now.

The OP asked us, women, on what behaviour we would term sluttish. I just expressed the significance that label holds for me. That again, is an individual view. It doesn't hold any authority whatsoever over the other person in question. Labels are just names we associated to define personality types such as prude, firebrand, icequeen, shrew etc... It may not always be true or accurate, just a generalised name for what a person view's another character/behaviour to be, based on contact or rumor or gossip or whatever.

In my second post I was addressing your question on what right individuals have to deem others actions acceptable... I think we have every right to judge,to reflect, to deem and to learn from others actions but NOT to persecute them for it...As it's their lives.. let them do what they want with it.

Last edited:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I realise that u excluded the legal issues which is why i said being a slut isn't gonna get you locked up, just as lying in most cases isn't a criminal offense. I just put it up along with the others as a behaviour that is generally considered wrong doing by many.

Perhaps we should put a lpsg vote on how many consider shagging another person when your partner goes off to work a wrong doing. I'm probably mistaken in my assumption. I concede this argument because there isn't concrete proof that cuckolding is considered a wrong doing by the majority therefore no law nor punishment against it. Anyways if there were, almost half the world's population would be in jail -_-.

Being liberal or conservative would make people regard sluttish behavior differently or what level of promiscuity would qualify a person to be a slut.In the past a women showing her bosom in public would be deemed a slut.Some think like that even now.

The OP asked us, women, on what behaviour we would term sluttish. I just expressed the significance that label holds for me. That again, is an individual view. It doesn't hold any authority whatsoever over the other person in question. Labels are just names we associated to define personality types such as prude, firebrand, icequeen, shrew etc... It may not always be true or accurate, just a generalised name for what a person view's another character/behaviour to be, based on contact or rumor or gossip or whatever.

In my second post I was addressing your question on what right individuals have to deem others actions acceptable... I think we have every right to judge,to reflect, to deem and to learn from others actions but NOT to persecute them for it...As it's their lives.. let them do what they want with it.
Disagree with the bolded as social and political leanings can be poles apart.
Or, in my case, not apply to either dominant political view.

With the rest, you make a strong point. I agree, and will restate that people certainly have the right to view people as they wish.

However, maintain that labeling someone a slut, particularly publicly, is no more than an attempt to impose one's values, which may or may not be faulty, on another... or the "other", if I'm gonna get all Said with it. :09:

B_bardox14

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
hmmm... What is a slut.... Interesting question. Personally I think a woman is not truely a slut till she drops all inhibitions and sexual desires become sexual needs. For an example, deep throating a cock. A horny woman may do a deep throat because her BF/hubby enjoys it and it makes him hard fast. A slut deepthroats a cock because she can't go another second without a cock hitting the back of her throat. That's just one example but you get the idea.

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

The issue lies here:
"Nasty" to you
"Morally wrong" to you

**Disclaimer**
Playing devil's advocate
**/Disclaimer**

Let's make this easy. Is it acceptable for if I had a craving for blood and murdered children at random daycares around my city? Is rape an acceptable form of conflict resolution? Is it acceptable for me to fly my plane into an IRS building if I don't want to pay taxes? Would it be acceptable for anyone who didn't want to pay taxes to do so?

Yes, these are extreme examples, but I'd like to see where you draw the line for your moral relativism. It really does seem a bit self-defeating, from a "stable and safe society" standpoint to have unbounded tolerance for ANY behavior, because such a philosophy gives implicit license for anyone to pursue desires that may be destructive to others and to society as a whole.

OK, back to sluts

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
**Disclaimer**
Playing devil's advocate
**/Disclaimer**

Let's make this easy. Is it acceptable for if I had a craving for blood and murdered children at random daycares around my city? Is rape an acceptable form of conflict resolution? Is it acceptable for me to fly my plane into an IRS building if I don't want to pay taxes? Would it be acceptable for anyone who didn't want to pay taxes to do so?

Yes, these are extreme examples, but I'd like to see where you draw the line for your moral relativism. It really does seem a bit self-defeating, from a "stable and safe society" standpoint to have unbounded tolerance for ANY behavior, because such a philosophy gives implicit license for anyone to pursue desires that may be destructive to others and to society as a whole.

OK, back to sluts
The question, or its construction, is seriously lacking in terms of an opening for productive discussion, particularly in light of earlier posts. Moving on.

curiousvirgin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Disagree with the bolded as social and political leanings can be poles apart.
Or, in my case, not apply to either dominant political view.

With the rest, you make a strong point. I agree, and will restate that people certainly have the right to view people as they wish.

However, maintain that labeling someone a slut, particularly publicly, is no more than an attempt to impose one's values, which may or may not be faulty, on another... or the "other", if I'm gonna get all Said with it. :09:

By liberalism and conservatism, I didn't mean a definite political or a social leaning. More again of personality type as in liberal being a free thinker and a conservative person being more likely to follow conventional thinking.Again more labeling :frown1:

I dislike labeling or being labeled as well, and try not to do so as much as possible.I do see how labeling someone publicly may cause a negative effect unto them when unjustly accused or even if accurate may hurt, cause grief and bring about the feeling of losing ones individuality.I completely support NO TO LABELING!

Last edited:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
By liberalism and conservatism, I didn't mean a definite political or a social leaning. More again of personality type as in liberal being a free thinker and a conservative person being more likely to follow conventional thinking.Again more labeling :frown1:

I dislike labeling or being labeled as well, and try not to do so as much as possible.I do see how labeling someone publicly may cause a negative effect unto them when unjustly accused or even if accurate may hurt, cause grief and the feeling of losing ones individuality.I completely support NO TO LABELING!
Thanks for clarifying, and I totally agree! :smile:

kc2007

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A slut is any person who has sex, not because they enthusiastically enjoy the activities involved or diversity of partners, but because they are lacking something else in their persona they cannot achieve through non sexual means. For example, low self esteem, trouble getting close to others emotionally, compulsive or addictive tendencies, gain acceptance or achieve something, etc...

I don't think you can arbitrarily call someone a "slut" because they've had a lot of sex or sexual partners, although I do feel the term can apply to some people.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What makes a slut?
I know what a guy need to know to think of a woman as a slut, but I'm curious as to what you ladies think makes a woman a slut.

I think that the word "slut" gets tossed to women by women or men trying to control the target's sexual behavior. It is used as a derogatory and as a means of ostracizing women. Not good.

Calling a man a slut isn't really effective.:confused:

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Removing issues of illegality from this discussion, who among us has the right to apply "acceptable" to anything other than their own behaviour? :confused:

removing the issues of illegality is an unfair point in that case
because society decides what is legal and we are all part of society...
you cannot have it both ways

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Not all human behaviour falls under Grey as most liberals like to think. I do believe that in some cases violence,murder, rape,stealing, lying and cheating may all be acceptable that's where judgment comes into play, but in most cases they're just plain nasty.Some actions through general consensus are morally unacceptable to society at large through which law's are created.Cheating against one's spouse/partner may not be illegal but certainly is generally thought as morally wrong.

Its human behaviour to put labels to people who do certain actions. We have people who do good called saints, angels... cant really think of many good labels... in the same way we have names to describe those that do evil ie. murderer,rapist, liar, slut...

Labeling may not be a good thing to do, pretty biased really and quite judgmental... but its just what most people do.. however wrong labeling may be, it still doesn't make being a slut right..

not to play devils advocate as you seem to fall more on my side of this particular debate but, when exactly is the ok for rape given...