Why do SOME men think that women don't enjoy giving head?

t1ctac

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks, but I'm dying for an answer to my question. Are these men just inexperienced when they find it hard to believe that a woman can enjoy giving oral?

They've probably met women that don't enjoy giving head, I've met a couple. Probably met more that didn't than did.

Why do women find it hard to believe I enjoy going down?

Loving2012

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
They've probably met women that don't enjoy giving head, I've met a couple. Probably met more that didn't than did.

Why do women find it hard to believe I enjoy going down?

I don't. Licking someone is an arousing and enjoyable act. There have been stereotypes that men find eating a girl out demeaning, gross or unhygienic. Most men I know like it.

Magnum10x2

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Perhaps a but unusual... But, I've never been with a girl who didn't seem to thoroughly enjoy sucking my cock. There have been a few small mouths and sharp teeth that I haven't enjoyed; but its always been good...

pcghabsy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The same way (at least) SOME women don't enjoy it. Obviously my own experience is extremely limited, but I would say a majority didn't particularly enjoy it. Combine that with shared experiences by other men - and obviously most men would love it if most women did enjoy it, so there's no confirmation bias here - it would be fair to say that at least some women don't enjoy it. At the same time, there are many that do, and you are one of them.

Loving2012

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's important to know that every man and every woman is unique and different with their own sexual tastes. There are men out there that apparently don't like to receive blowjobs, and I believe it. To the other poster that was skeptical of my observations, he would be surprised that some Eastern cultures (like my own family) frown on women being sexual. It's not the women that created these strict rules, but the men. An example is how a man from my culture will view white- American women as a sex toy for his own pleasure, but then he will make sure that his own women stay virgins.

Last edited:

gma26_4521

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are women out there not into oral sex, giving or receiving. I do not know of any men who don't enjoy a women going down on them-watching and enjoying the feel. Now, any man who feels oral is not good probably was jaded by a women who disliked it and the guy has not had enough "variety" or experience with other women to know that most women are not that way at all.

Also a factor is what does the woman feel about the man and the relationship? The best head involves a relationship that is not necessarily a one nighter. That doesn't mean there is no head in a one night stand-just a lot more involved from a woman in a LTR when they love and are into you.

I had a beautiful girlfriend once, not into head at all. She sucked at it actually. But I knew that was not the "rule" so to speak.

Entrepreneur1

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My wife doesn't like it....er I think.

She has always felt like she was uneducated in the matter. Not confident I guess. She bought a book a while ago to try and liven things up (we were going through a difficult time and sex was the issue). I was disinterested because it was boring and we went through spells without sex. Then we talked about it and experimented more and things were great. We're up three kids now, so things have slowed a tad. She still won't go down on me, but I don't know what else to do. I'm thinking about letting her come here to do some reading like I have. I feel liberated finding this community.
Right now I'm scheduled for the ol' tube tie, and she gets her iud removed. The iud has really killed her drive.

I've almost come to terms with the lack of oral. I love giving it to her though.

NOBBY_UK

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Only been with 2 women :
One loved Oral (Deep Throat Master)
the other Hated it (Gagged Hard)

The media tells us Women see it as a Chore
But we all know the Media lies
?

danjs584

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm gay but I know plenty of women who enjoy it.

I'm guessing a lot of people's assumption that most women don't like it could be the entertainment industry. Think about how many sitcoms have jokes or small storylines about a girlfriend/wife who doesn't like it. Just coming to mind now are these examples:

1) the show Friends: when Monica and Chandler find out the woman they are adopting from isn't sure who the baby's father is, then Monica says they figured it out. Chandler asks how and she says that you can't get pregnant from the way they had sex. Chandler says "Which way? The one we hardly ever do or the one we never do?"

2) in I Love You Man, Paul Rudd's character complains to Jason Segel that he goes down on his fiance but she doesn't go down on him. Then at the rehearsal dinner Jason Segal tells the fiance to "return the favor."

3) Sex and the City: Samantha complaining about a guy "with the funkiest tasting spunk" and Charlotte having such a strong reaction to an uncut dick that the guy gets circumcised. Then again I think Samantha commented that she likes uncut dicks because it's like getting to the center of a tootsie pop lol.

Anyway, I'm going to stop now that I've let you know that I watch too much tv. :p

G_ManCK

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's hard to generalize, here, because it seems to be more of a case by case basis. But I think some men have this idea that women don't enjoy performing oral sex, because the women they've been with either didn't enjoy it, or said they didn't. And maybe it's true that some women don't enjoy performing orally, or receiving orally either, for various reasons. It could be they've been sexually abused, or have been taught sex is bad; maybe they have body issues and other kinds of insecurities--it just depends on the person.

In my experience, also, many guys are not attentive with their girlfriends or wives enough to really care about what they like sexually and so on. They're only interested in themselves and having an orgasm. On top of that, if you have a girlfriend or wife who experiences a negative sense of body image, then they may be uncomfortable with sex. And so it's important to be attentive, and giving with your partner, helping your wife or girlfriend feel accepted, comfortable in her own skin, not so you can get what you want, but to help create a healthy environment in order for her to explore the sexual and sensual side of herself without fear or guilt. The women I've been with often find that they like something sexual that they never thought they'd like to do. My last relationship, the girl I'd been dating had never received oral sex before and found that she liked it quite well... and was more than willing to allow me to do that, as it's something I like doing quite a lot.

Last edited:

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Some women are old fashoned and think it is just not proper. Some women will perform oral but HATE when a man cums in her mouth. I have known women whe can not wait to go south of the border and a few who will cross the border out of an obligation.

Above I have said some women. Thank goodness they are not the majority. In my opinion.

grasspickerel

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have seen a lot of womens profiles claiming they love to suck cock. I have gotten a few photo comments from women saying the would like to suck mine. I think more women like to suck than will openly admit it.

G_ManCK

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Either way, though, it shouldn't be judged as wrong or bad. If a woman doesn't prefer performing oral sex she shouldn't be shamed or guilted into it. It isn't about me, or you, or a blow to our ego. It isn't 'old fashioned' or 'new fashioned'--either way is just a preference.

Durty_Lulz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have seen in my experience, from a well rounded pool of women, that most are just not that into sucking dick. They might not be against it, but they certainly aren't begging for it. The ones who really get into it, though....ah, bless ya!