Why men don't wear speedos, bikinis, string bikinis or even g strings to the beach

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I was a boy thongs were women's underwear.My mother and sisters wore them under clingy skirts,dresses and pants when they did not want panty lines showing through.Why would I wear womens underwear to the beach?

Reactions: lapdog2001

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Because most men want comfort during non-strenuous recreation--that's why. If you want to see cocks, go to a nude beach. I don't like being all scrunched up by a speedo, and wearing a thong feels like giving youself a wedgie. I'll wear a jock during running exercise, but that's to support my balls, thereby avoiding fatigue. My pkg pulls the top of speedos down and exposes bush, and I'm just not looking to do that.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I speedo when I swim laps at home. A proper fitting speedo is like a jockstrap during a vigorous swim. I used to wear one when I lapped at the Y or a city pool when I was younger, and I've never been shy about wearing one on beaches in Europe and South America where everyone does. I've always worn regular trunks at the beach and at pool parties here.

It's simply not a social norm for men at beaches and pools here in the States. I don't understand why we're so prudish about it. Good old American puritanism. I hope we don't slide back into full body bathing outfits of the Victorian era. Pool burkas.

It's also a double standard when women are expected to wear one or two piece swimwear that's absolutely skin tight.

Like its already stated... I think most guys are up tight about it in the states. Even I get up tight but I am coming around. You don't have to go across the atlantic to be at a beach where sports briefs / speedos are the norm. In the Dominican Republic they are worn as an example.

I also think many misconceptions come along with wearing Sports Briefs, Bikinis, String Bikinis and Thongs.
I personally enjoy the first 3, I have worn a thong or tried too. Not comfortable for me.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I used to wear speedo's exclusively, that is, when I wasn't where I could wear nothing.

Seems to me that in spite of all the readily available sex on the internet, American society is about as sexually uptight, conflicted, and paranoid as it's ever been. I remember men's bathrooms in ballparks where everyone peed in a long open trough, gyms with wide open shower area, and guys actually took showers, and thought nothing of it. Now everyone's mincing around behind stalls and stuff like they're afraid someone's going to pinch their arses.

I don't know if a lot of conservative bible thumping ideology is to blame or wtf. Frankly I feel sorry for 'em.

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As I said previously, for me not wearing a Speedo/thong is an issue of comfort--I don't care what it looks like. I am with you on the prudery, can't imagine what's going on in the minds of the young men I've seen who wear underwear into and even during a shower at the gym: etymologically, gymnasium implies nakedness (Gk,, gymnos). Who 'fucked up' these young men?

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
As I said previously, for me not wearing a Speedo/thong is an issue of comfort--I don't care what it looks like. I am with you on the prudery, can't imagine what's going on in the minds of the young men I've seen who wear underwear into and even during a shower at the gym: etymologically, gymnasium implies nakedness (Gk,, gymnos). Who 'fucked up' these young men?

I agree everyone has a right to that style of swimwear that best suits them and makes them comfortable. But yes, something's seriously wrong when guys feel they need to shower in their underwear.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thongs look very gay. That's not an insult, but it would be like wearing an advertisement to the wrong audience.

I wore speedos when I used to swim competitively. If I was visiting a country where they were the norm, I'd be fine to wear one. Here in the US, it would feel a fashion faux paus to wear one to a public beach... not offensive, per se, but like wearing socks with sandals.

steel33

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thongs look very gay. That's not an insult, but it would be like wearing an advertisement to the wrong audience.

I wore speedos when I used to swim competitively. If I was visiting a country where they were the norm, I'd be fine to wear one. Here in the US, it would feel a fashion faux paus to wear one to a public beach... not offensive, per se, but like wearing socks with sandals.

steel33

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think you need a certain body type to wear that style. As with anything it could end up looking odd at best on some people.
I could wear them, I'd go with the Bond type tight shirts, but preference a tighter fitting board short, something not so baggy. Those Are tough to find.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
More men should wear these at the beach. I like them and like seeing men who do wear them..

I see that you like them, good for you, your choice.

But, for those who do not like them, find then uncomfortable, do not like the way their wangs / junk gets squished together, do not like to have their ass cheeks out for the word to see or just want to wear board shorts as they look best, good for you as well